“So-so”

Comfort Suites Myrtle Beach
Ranked #61 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“So-so”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is about 8 miles from CCU and the reason I stayed here. It is close to shopping and resturants. The hotel was clean, the beds were comfortable and I was surprised it was quite with so many people there. There is breakfast 6:00-9:00, nothing fancy here! There is a small outside pool for a quick dip.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Sandi D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Kannapolis, NC
Reviewed 18 August 2014

While on a little weekend get away with my wife and I we have stopped by this Comfort Suites and were truly pleased with everything. From the friendly customer service clerk to spacious and nicely decorated room. We didn't get a chance to try the breakfast as we were on vacation so of course we slept in, but I'm sure the breakfast was just as good. The only complaint is the carpet in the king room we had could use a little cleaning but other than that all was well.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cruiser4Lyfe
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My stay here was great. The room was very comfortable and exactly what my family & I needed. Front desk clerks were very friendly at all times. I was here on a family vacation which made the location of this hotel perfect, all attractions were less than 10 minutes away. The free breakfast was a plus. The hotel overall is well kept and I will certainly stay here the next time I visit Myrtle Beach.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Maranda C
greensboro, NC
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This hotel is not on the beach, but is in a convenient location. Rooms are large sized, compared to most chains. Breakfast is the normal comfort suites stuff. It is kept up and stocked by a friendly employee. The front desk help is friendly and helpful. I have stayed here over 20 times, some business, some vacation (points!!). If you are not dead set on staying directly on ocean, Stay here. You can do a whole lot worse in Myrtle beach.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank beachbum045
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My Fiancee and I both work for a Choice hotel ourselves so we are very observant on how hotels are run and the cleanliness as well. This location was very beautiful. ( we were very envious of how nice the property was!) The decor was lovely and the hotel was very clean. The front desk staff were very accommodating and friendly. (Especially the fellow who works 1st shift.) The property was in between the beach and other attractions like the outlet mall / Broadway at the beach so It was very convenient. The only thing that was a miss was the room smelled musky. It wasn't so overpowering so we didn't bother the desk to let them know. Other than that the whole place was great , well lit and very safe. If we ever find ourselves lucky enough to visit the beach next year we will defiantly stay with this comfort inn again. :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amelie M
Fitchburg, Massachusetts, USA
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I did not book this room but our flight was bumped and the airline sent us here. I was not expecting it to be as nice as it was. The clerk was helpful and the suite size room was great. Later I went online to see what price would have been and it was less than the hotel I originally booked for my stay. And I think it was a much better value.
I would definitely use again and look for Comfort Suites in other areas. Very nice value.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Kevin C
Bloomfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We visited here a few years back and posted a review. Back then the hotel was getting a little shabby. One would think that there would be some improvements. This is our third day here so far and when I got up this morning, I discovered two little surprises in the bathroom that compelled me to post this review a little bit ahead of time. Well, the only real improvement I've seen is the new TVs. We get in our room and the rugs had spots, crumbs and food on it. Bathroom toilet was nasty and had to be cleaned, there was feces smeared on a small portion of the bathroom wall and a toilet paper with feces on it, stuck to the ceiling. The sleeper sofa was old and worn and had spots throughout. There were spots that look like spit on the base cover of one of the beds. Detail is everything and clearly housekeeping missed a lot of it. This is a pet hotel and I'm fine with that but seeing dog owners who let their dogs go on the grass surrounding the hotel and not using a pooper scooper is just disrespectful! You can also hear people walking in their rooms above, so I can only imagine the noise that the guests under us are experiencing from my over active four year old. We already know that Myrtle beach hotels are terrible for the price because if I paid $150-200 anywhere else, it would be a luxury hotel. Since I prepaid and my family is more passive aggressive we decided to shut up, clean up the room ourselves and just enjoy our vacation as much as we can.

Room Tip: Check your room thoroughly first.