“Golf Package”

Caribbean Resort And Villas
Ranked #25 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 27 May 2011

We were 36 golfers from Canada who had a awesome experience in Myrtle Beach. The accommodations in both Towers were most satisfactory but we were in Myrtle Beach for golf - 6 games and 7 nights in the hotel.

The package was put together by the golf departmet at the hotel co-ordinated by D'Ann the Golf Director. All courses were great and the price was exceptional. Highly recommend D'Ann and her staff. 36 guys and no complaints so they must be doing something right.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank garnetbarber

Reviewed 26 May 2011

We just returned from a 3-day mini-vacation with our 5-year-old granddaughter. We stayed in a one-bedroom unit in the Dominican Tower, and it was spotless. The kitchen could have been a bit better stocked (I had to go out and buy a frying pan and some decent coffee mugs), and there was no dishwasher, but those things were minor inconveniences. We loved the indoor pools as both I and my granddaughter are very fair and can't take much sun. The water was quite cold in the kiddie pool, however. One word of caution for those with young children: The pool deck is very rough on your feet so I suggest you get water shoes for the kids. My granddaughter's toes were bleeding after the first day.

The street noise was a bit bothersome at night, but there's not much to do about that except bring a fan or one of those "white noise" machines to help block it out.

We very much enjoyed our stay and plan to return - the service here is second to none.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SarahsMimi
Reviewed 26 May 2011

This is a wonderful resort! Our children love the different pool options available to them including the water slide! We received an upgrade this time and it was complete with a washer and dryer!! You won't be disappointed! We have 3 children - 13, 10, and 7.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank smjlangley
Reviewed 24 May 2011

The Caribbean is a wonderful resort to visit! The staff are so nice and are ready to meet all of your needs. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The pool areas are very family friendly and are immaculate. The location is very convienent to all of the Myrtle Beach places you may want to visit. I would recommend this place to everyone that I know! I visit this place at least twice every year and always look forward to coming back for a great time!

Room Tip: Go on the Caribbean website and sign-up for e-mai.
  • Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank KarenLynn88
Reviewed 23 May 2011

We were one of three couples to stay in a 3 bedroom condo in the main tower at this resort. The condo was spacious with a kitchenette with all necessary amenities such as full size fridge, stove and dishwasher. Washer and dryer were also in room. The ocean view from the balcony is lovely. The housekeepers made the beds, cleaned the bathrooms and restocked the towels daily. The halls and elevators were always clean. The pools were clean, as were the lazy rivers and the hottubs. The hotel is within walking distance to the boardwalk and restaurants and coffee shops. I would definitely return to this resort and would recommend it to anyone looking for an easy, carefree holiday.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank snowflake74
Reviewed 23 May 2011

We at first booked a room in the Jamaican building. DO NOT DO THIS! It was terrible!! I am a petite female, average build. When I sat on the bed, it nearly touched the floor. It was incredibly dated. Most of the furnishings appeared to be decades old. We immediately called and paid for an expensive upgrade. (We had friends joining us, or we would have went elsewhere. They also upgraded.) The new room (Dominican tower) was MUCH nicer, and my children loved the murphy bed. I did hear people outside the room a few times, but no more so than at most other comparable hotels. The pool area was really great. It was not too crowded; there were lots of chairs. My only complaint is that both I, my son, my friends' son, and another woman I observed, all stepped on metal grates in the lazy rivers. I hurt my foot and both boys had small scrapes from it. Everything, even the prehistoric Jamaican room, was clean. Staff I encountered were reasonably friendly. Had we not had the horrible experience of the Jamaican room and having to pay for such a costly upgrade (an additional 50% more), I would rate this higher. Dont get tricked into the great price of the Jamaican room. They just use that to lure you there!

Room Tip: AVOID the Jamaican building!!!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank GoingPlaces80
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I enjoyed my stay at Caribbean Resort, and we plan to do it again. The staff were great especially housekeeping. They kept everything so clean especially the bathroom, there was always a smile on their faces. If I would change anything it would be longer couch in the setting area instead of the smaller one, and a dishwasher.

The reason being when I stay 5 or 7 days there are times i just want to cook in, and return to bed. I do not like dishes stacked in the sink.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple