“Great as usual !”

Ranked #27 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
High Point, North Carolina
“Great as usual !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Great as always when we stay.We checked in 11-23-13 and out on Thanksgiving day. We also stayed the first weekend in Oct, whereas there was a little issue on size bed reservation agent booked us for. I saw online where all that was left was double beds. I wanted at least a queen bed. The agent said the doubles were upgraded to queens. But she had made a mistake in that was at the Jamica next door not the Dominican Towers. We stayed then anyway. Upon calling for rates for the Nov 23 trip we got a nice suite and Megan compensated us for our previous misunderstanding. It made it affordable enough that we added another day to our visit.We have stayed at the Caribbean many times and have yet to incur any problems except the above issue which was really minor. We ate breakfast next door @ The Sea Captains House. I say it is best breakfast buffet on the beach. Great staff all around the resort from check in to maintenence staff . All offer friendly hello's. I even tried to leave a tip in the room and was never taken...Great place to stay

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank uhaulman
Jordan E, Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Dear uhaulman,

Thank you for taking the time to give this excellent review of the Caribbean Resort and Villas. We are pleased to discover that you had multiple enjoyable vacations at our resort. I am very sorry about the miscommunication you experienced, but I am glad to hear that Megan rectified this issue for you. Our staff works very hard, and we truly appreciate your kind remarks. Thank you for choosing the Caribbean Resort and Villas, and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (754)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

We were originally staying at the Landmark Resort south of the pier - after one night, we were looking for another hotel! We found this resort by chance when driving by and stopped to take a look at the room before committing to another property that would live up to expectations. This resort is awesome - the staff was extremely friendly and accommodating, wanted a high floor - got the 15th floor - room 1531, early check in request - got that too! Very clean throughout the entire facility - housekeeping does a great job - we didn't need service but our housekeeper on Saturday was sure to ask if we needed anything at all - very nice lady! I loved swimming in the outdoor heated pool - it was pretty darn cold out but the pool was nice! Now the walk - or should I say run - back to the room was FREEZING....lol! This hotel also had the enclosure pulled for the indoor pools and lazy river - unlike the Landmark - their inside pools / hot tubs were enclosed for the winter season. Our one and only issue was the lack of luggage carts at check out Sunday morning but it wasn't the fault of the resort - they had a ton of them but they also had a ton of check outs on Sunday. This resort would be our only choice when visiting Myrtle Beach - loved the resort and staff!

Room Tip: High floor - great view!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lorianderson40
Dear Lorianderson40

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Caribbean Resort and Villas. We are very proud of our staff in every department, as we are committed to making every experience an enjoyable one for our guests. I am also pleased to see that you enjoyed the great amenities we offer. Thank you for choosing our resort, and we look forward to seeing you when you return to Myrtle Beach!
Augusta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stayed two nights the weekend after Thanksgiving. Unbelievable rates. We stayed in the Jamaican Tower. Rooms were super clean and nicer than expected! We had an oceanfront room. It was very quiet and check in was easy and the person checking us in was very nice. (didn't catch her name!) Everything was great but when we were packing up our room the morning we were checking out, "someone" ( assuming the maid - because who else would have a key)....just opened the door and after a few seconds....closed the door. It freaked me out a little because there was no knock prior to coming in, no "hello", no "housekeeping!" No warning whatsoever. It didn't damper any part of our little getaway, but it was a little odd. I could have been changing my clothes or anything! lol We will be staying again in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HeatherD3
Jordan E, Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear HeatherD3,

Thank you very much for staying at the Caribbean Resort and Villas! I am thrilled to hear just how much you enjoyed your vacation spent with us.

We would like to apologize for the disturbance that occurred during check-out. This does not usually happen, and we will make sure it does not happen again.

Thank you for taking the time to post this review to Tripadvisor, and we hope to see you soon!
Southern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

We were only able to stay one nite, but Loved the suite, and especially the Fabulous Ocean View!
We got a wonderful rate, being off season, and certainly was a great value!!
All the staff was great and provided excellent service. Enjoyed a lovely walk on the beach before we had to check out.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LadyDi_and_Cowman
Jordan E, Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear LadyDi_and_Cowman,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation at the Caribbean Resort and Villas, along with being able to take advantage of one of our great rate specials! Thank you for choosing our resort, and for taking the time to post this review. We hope to see you again soon!
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

I have been bringing a group from across the country to Myrtle Beach for over 20 years. The group has grown in size from 4 to over 30, and one of the reasons is the quality and value delivered each and every year by the Caribbean. The condos are always large and clean, and provide a spectacular view of the Atlantic Ocean. D'ann and her team take excellent care of us from the golf perspective, helping me develop a high quality AND affordable itinerary of courses each year. And Brenda and her team have always taken such good care of me and my group with our condos and securing us a large conference room which doubles as our group get together/poker venue. I cannot be more pleased with the quality and service! Rick F

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RickFrat
Jordan E, Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Dear RickFrat,

Thank you so much for the loyalty you have shown to the Caribbean Resort and Villas throughout the years. I am so pleased to discover just how much you value our resort. Thank you for your compliments of D'Ann and Brenda, we are lucky to have both of them because they are both very valuable assets to our resort. We appreciate your review, and look forward to seeing your group next year!
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

This is the 6th year we've stayed at the Caribbean and every year it continues to satisfy all our needs. The facilities are clean, comfortable, very spacious and located central to all the courses as well as dinning and shopping. The morning sun rise is spectacular from one of the ocean front suites. The staff have always been extremely helpful no matter what the request. The golf director here (D'ann) is outstanding, she'll spend the time you need to develop the right list of courses to fit your trip. Her knowledge of the area courses is tremendous and being a golfer herself understands what makes a course a fit for your group. The Sea Captain restaurant is also a fine place to dine, but it also seconds as the breakfast location while you're staying at the Caribbean and it is fantastic - don't miss a custom made omelette from either George or Rodney.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RJ J
Dear RJ J,

Thank you very much for continuing to stay at the Caribbean Resort and Villas. We are excited to discover how much you enjoyed your recent experience with us. It is very fulfilling to know how much you appreciate our staff, as well as your accommodations. Thank you for your kind compliments, and for your review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I just wanted to get away and hear myself think. This resort was an excellent choice. I was able to get a great price. I had an ocean front suite at the Jamaican Tower. It was clean and the staff was always friendly and accommodating. I also felt very secure as a lone female. They double checked to make sure that I got what I requested. It was quiet where I was but I think the other towers are busier and have more music, young people and activities going on. I slept with the sliding glass door open so that I could listen to the ocean lull me to sleep. I suggest that you ask if they can possibly put you near nonsmokers. There is no smoking in the rooms but people can smoke on the balcony. I'm sure that I will go back again and take my family...or perhaps I'll keep it as my private get away.

Room Tip: During the winter the Jamaican tower is probably quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Delores R
Jordan E, Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Delores R,

I am so happy to hear about your relaxing getaway in the Jamaican building here at the Caribbean Resort and Villas. We try our hardest to provide guests with comfortable and safe accommodations, and your review is proof of that. We thank you very much for taking the time to post this to Tripadvisor. I hope to see you, and your family if you decide to share your secret, very soon!