Caribbean Resort And Villas
Ranked #26 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had not been to Myrtle Beach in several years and chose the Caribbean based on friend recommendations and Trip Advisor reviews. We were not disappointed. The location is excellent. Not crowded on the beach and a short drive to Broadway. Our boys, ages 3 and 11, loved the pools and the lazy rivers. We were not able to attend any of the kid activities due to the boys spending all day at the beach but they seemed like they would be a lot of fun. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We all slept well in the beds. The kitchen was well stocked and functional
The staff was friendly and courteous. Great view of the ocean from the balcony.

The only negative things I have to say is there was quite a bit of drinking going on around the pool, which is not a huge deal to us as we are not drinkers, but I noticed a few people drinking from glass bottles which is a big safety issue especially around the kiddie submarine and water slide where the smaller kids liked to play the most. Also, I am not a fan of parking across the street (years ago I saw a child hit by a car crossing the street at the beach) but my husband just dropped the boys and me off at the elevators and parked the car himself. Not a problem.

All in all, it was an awesome vacation and none of us wanted to come home! We will definitely be back next year!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Jordan E, Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear jacs1997,

Another TripAdvisor score! I am thrilled to hear that you discovered the Caribbean Resort and Villas on this great website, and even I am even happier to hear how much your family enjoyed our resort. Just so you are aware, glass bottles are prohibited on our pool decks and should not have been present during your stay. Our pool attendants have all been trained to enforce this policy, so I will be sure to review it with them again. Thank you very much for sharing this feedback, and we look forward to seeing your family again next year!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,215)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I don't know how these other travelers could score this "resort" higher than a one. For the money you pay you could stay in a much nicer place. Overall it looks great from the outside however once inside it needs remodeling and cleaning bad. We stayed in Dominican Tower on 9th floor. The room is set up so when you enter you are immediately in bedroom. After walking through the bedroom into a hallway which is basically the "kitchen". Then after you walk the hallway is the living room with sliding door and balcony. So if someone is in bedroom say sleeping no one else can leave! Everything is outdated and old. We didn't receive service for 3 days all we got were towels around 3:30 every day. The poolside bar was a joke..everything was watered down including alcoholic drinks and soda from fountain. Wait time for food was sometimes greater than 45 min because they would run out of items. This hotel is in a great location with fabulous views. It's a shame they don't put all the money they charge back into the hotel. We will not go here again.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Gadurgurl66,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is very disappointing for me to receive a review like this. I understand that nothing is always perfect, but we truly do our best to deliver an excellent experience to each and every guest.

I am very sorry you did not receive daily housekeeping service as you should have, and this issue will be addressed. Also, the spring and summer are very busy seasons for us. Our rooms will see plenty of usage, but we do complete annual renovations (in the offseason) so that we can offer up-to-date rooms that we feel are very competitive with the similar hotels in our area. In regard to the setup of your suite, I am sorry you did not favor the standard shotgun style architectural setup that is very common in many hotels. We do offer condos that are larger and offer a different entrance, so I would recommend these for you in the future. In all honestly, I rarely receive complaints about the Tiki Bar and the drinks served at the bar. We have very experienced Food and Beverage Manager, so I will be sure to review this with her to see if we must inspect the fountain drinks behind the bar.

I truly am sorry your experience at the Caribbean was not a great one and hope you will consider giving us a second chance in the future. Please contact me at the resort if you would like to discuss this further.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We really enjoyed our stay. We were on 15th floor but with the elevators we were only a few steps to the pools and ocean. The rooms were quiet and clean. The pools were clean and spacious. We are already planning to come back. My 8 year old granddaughter gives it a 2 thumbs up and the rest of us agree.

Room Tip: The double beds are a little cramped for 2. I would advise getting a room with the king bed for coup...
1  Thank kytree

Dear kytree,

Which is better: your 5-star recommendation or 2 thumbs up from your granddaughter? I can not quite decide, so we are honored to accept both! Thank you for sharing this splendid review. We truly are happy to hear how much your family enjoyed its vacation at the Caribbean Resort and Villas, and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My family of 4 (husband, myself, 6 year old son and 1 year old daughter) stayed 5 nights in the Dominican Tower. We checked in with no trouble or wait on a Saturday around 3:30pm. The room (oceanfront 1 br with two double beds) was more than sufficient for us. Bathroom was small but had plenty of counter space. Beds were comfy but I'm used to sleeping with two dogs :)

The view was great. We all loved the pools. There are plenty of chairs. Most of the sunny areas were reserved with towels way before the pools even opened but we never had a hard time finding a spot. There are almost too many chairs as we found it a little hard to get through with all of our stuff...but no biggie. The drinks at the tiki bar were good. Didn't try the food. My son loved watching the limbo and dance offs. He was too shy to participate.

We would definitely stay at the Caribbean again! Only "issues" we had were the wifi was spotty at times, the exhaust fan in our bathroom quit working the last day, the game room was in poor condition and someone threw big shells off of their balcony and came really close to hitting several children...I hope they caught those turds! But overall we loved it!

1  Thank seeshauna

Dear seeshauna,

Thank you for choosing the Caribbean Resort and Villas, and for sharing this elaborate feedback with the Tripadvisor community. I am very happy to hear your family had a great stay, and I hope you will return soon!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My troop and I chose Caribbean Resort because of all the pools. What we found out when we got there was how nice and helpful the staff were, and how comfortable the room was. We saved money by cooking in our suite, which was stocked with everything we needed to cook with. Also, the beds were very comfortable, from the full-size beds to the double murphy wall bed and sleeper sofa. The girls loved the pools and being so close to the beach. There was plenty of staff on hand to see that the guests' needs were taken care of. It's a great place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Amy Q,

Thank you very much for your kind remarks of our accommodations, amenities, and staff at the Caribbean Resort and Villas. I am thrilled to hear how much fun your troop had at our resort. Come back to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

You can't beat the 3-bedroom oceanfront condo for family vacation. Everyone can spread out. There are also plenty of lounge chairs at the many pools, easy beach access, water slide, tiki bar...these things mostly override the cons to this place, which are thin walls between the rooms (we were treated to regular tantrums from the 3 year old next door, in addition to the mother shouting at the child to "shut your freaking mouth"), less than stellar maid service (clean towels and trash emptied each day, sometimes not until 4 or 5 o'clock). We even had trash from previous guests under the edge of the bed and just beneath the tv stand. I'm not sure how well it was vacuumed before we arrived. That being said, the rooms are very large, well-equipped, and it more than served our purpose. Good showers, full kitchen, TV's in every room, and plenty of elevators. Also, the northern location (last high-rise on the strip) is perfect for people who want to be out of the middle of the craziness. A nice short drive over to Broadway without much traffic.

Room Tip: Cayman towers, high floor - definitely.

Dear JMUFES,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about the Caribbean Resort and Villas. We are happy to hear how much your family values our accommodations and amenities, as well as our prime location here in Myrtle Beach.

We are very sorry you had to experience the issues listed above. In regard to the condition of your room, this should not have occurred and it is not how we do business. There should not have been any trash in your room from previous guests and you should have received your standard daily service in a timely manner. This will be addressed with the necessary personnel. We do have staff security personnel 24/7, so please contact the front desk if you have any disturbances around you so that we can address them immediately.

All in all, it seems your family truly enjoyed its time here at the Caribbean. I hope you will come back again soon so we can turn your 4-star experience into a 5-star one!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I've been here 14 times. I have been to a couple of other locations, but always come back here. The pool area is the best around. I like the location because it is not right downtown and usually quiet, which I like

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Kentrego

Dear Kentrego,

Our entire teams feels it is an enormous compliment to our efforts when we hear that you have stayed at the Caribbean Resort and Villas fourteen times! Thank you very much for your continued patronage, and we look forward to accommodating you again in the future!