“Always enjoy”

Caribbean Resort And Villas
Ranked #26 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I've been staying here for about 6 years and always enjoy it. The room was very clean and it's great having a full kitchen. Our family loves all the pools, hot tubs, and lazy rivers. The location is very good--in the middle of the north and south ends. I definitely recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Jordan E, Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Kelly V,

Thank you very much for the patronage you have shown to the Caribbean Resort and Villas. This is a great compliment to us, and we appreciate your 5-star recommendation. We look forward to your next visit!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,215)

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This was our first family vacation and I would truly say I enjoyed ourselves. So below is a little bit about our stay.
1. Cleanliness: the rooms where pretty clean from first glance. Only issue I had where the dishes in the kitchen area. They were dirty I brought my own dish soap altho they provide a small bottle. We throughly cleaned the kitchen. The coffee pot was filthy inside but boiling water and soap fixed that problem.

2. Staff: Check in was great the staff was super friendly. The manager checked us in himself and it was great to see him so friendly. Then they send you to a smaller desk where one of the workers tells you about the local attractions. Gives you a map to the area and a book of coupons. Awesome! !!! I also had a bell boy which made me feel special.

Con: Outside they have a store attached to the hotel. Which is great but it is right there by check in. My 8 year old twins and I was coming out of the store when we noticed the back of a SUV by the door of the store parked. I did not see any break lights on, nor was the truck moving. I noticed an employee the was out front directing traffic laughing with the woman in the truck. I waiting for another minute to see if the truck is going to move but it did not. My children and I decided to continue to walk behind the truck since it was blocking the path and we could not walk to the front. As soon as we get directly behind the truck the woman starts backing up and almost hits us. At this point I am yelling because she has us pinned between her truck and a wall. She immediately stops I come out from the back of the truck and instead of the employee asking are we ok he says "You should not have walked behind the truck." I'm dumbstruck I completely go off and explained to him where are we supposed to walk when you have her blocking the whole section. And where the hell is she backing up to there is a wall behind her. And if you wasn't flirting you and that driver would have noticed us and other people trying to get pass. I was completely furious with him. I walked off and had to calm down. So please be careful when walking in front of the building.

Staff problem 2: They have a bar by the pool that makes awesome drinks and food I highly recommend you try it. The problem occurred when they got behind on tickets and ran out of cheese. Which was not a problem with me. But a drunk customer started with the bartender. And instead of the bartender walking away he feed into the argument with the customer. Which quickly cleared out the bar. My children did not have to see that.

3. Convenience: the hotel is in the middle of everything but not to far up that it is too nosey. It was so freaking peaceful. Other then that one horrible experience I highly recommend this hotel to all.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Nydia G

Dear Nydia G,

Thank you very much for this detailed review of your recent experience at the Caribbean Resort and Villas. While I am thrilled to hear how much your family enjoyed its time with us, I must apologize for the one negative experience you dealt with. We are proud to offer a variety of team members that are personable and professional. You should not have to deal with a situation like the one you listed above, and it has been addressed with our staff out front.

We truly appreciate that you chose our resort to host your 1st family vacation, and hope it will become a tradition for your family in the future!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

The pools and beach access were very nice. If I was rating just that part I'd give them a 5. Our room on the other hand left a lot to be desired. This was our first year staying at the Caribbean in the Chelsea house. We stayed 5 nights and 6 days in a 2 bedroom condo (unit 7214). The room was very dated, beat up and smelled musty and of fried food. They tried to update it by putting nickel brushed pulls on the 1980's kitchen cabinets and granite in the kitchen . The faucets in the bathrooms are probably the original and the tub faucets leak. The paint job has been touched up with paint that doesn't match - it looks like a crack house. The hinges on the doors are all rusted and squeak and the latch pad on the door frames look like someone took a hammer to them. The deck looked like no one had been on it in years, covered in leaves and dirt. One of the loungers was cracked and broken. The other chairs were dirty. Of the 6 days we were there, I reported the issues below, some of them repeatedly.
1- Leaking faucet in the M. Bath - Never corrected
2 -Missing pull chain for the ceiling fan so that I could not turn it on - Found ceiling fan on after reporting it but still no pull chain so that it could be adjusted
3 - Room smelled musty and of fried food - They offered to fogged the room but I turned it down as that would do little to correct the smell - I bought my own air freshener, it took the edge off
4 - Inoperable garbage disposal - It was fixed briefly twice - I reported it a 3rd time but am not sure if this was sufficiently fixed or not as I did not use it again before leaving

Frank the night manager was very responsive and understanding of my unhappiness with the room on our first day. He explained that this is an older building and that the units are individually owned. Some owners did a better job of updating than others. He refunded us part of a nights stay and provided breakfast vouchers. I was pleased with this and fully expected to be done with it but was sorely disappointed at the results of the repairs. We probably won't go back.

Room Tip: If staying in the Chelsea building be sure not to stay in room 7214

Dear Erin S,

I am very sorry you did not have an excellent stay in the Chelsea House here at the Caribbean Resort and Villas. I believe I spoke with you about these issues after you met with Frank, and I appreciate you working with us and providing this feedback. I would like to inform you that new carpet and furniture has already been ordered for the particular unit you stayed in, and we are closely monitoring the situation. Also, I met with the Director of Homeowner Services to voice your concerns and action is being taken to expedite the enhancement of this and other Chelsea House units. These villas have a beautiful setup and location, and we want our guests to be able to enjoy these pros without having to deal with the cons.

It is very disheartening to hear that you may not return to the Caribbean in the future. As discussed in our previous meeting, I would love to have a second chance to take care of you at a later date. Please contact me at the resort if you decide to come back!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

The Carribean offers clean spacious rooms towards the end of Ocean Ave resort area, which makes a it little quieter and less crowded. Beautiful ocean views, nice clean beach full of shells to find! The pool area is so much fun, with a lazy river plus a large pool and hot tub. Also The Jamaican has it's own pool and hot tub. The rooms there are nice also, just smaller scale.The Sea Captain has excellent food and a relaxed upscale ambience with beautiful views. We stay every year as we come for Dance Nationals. Highly recommended .

Room Tip: They offer a variety of rooms, some with extra bedrooms and private baths or some with a Murphy bed...
1  Thank Jeneen H

Dear Jeneen H,

Thank you very much for choosing the Caribbean Resort and Villas, and for your continued patronage. We are humbled to hear how much you love our resort, as well as how much you value everything we have to offer. I hope your team crushed it at Nationals this year! We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We've been coming to the Caribbean for at least 16 years, since I was in grade school. I began to notice the decline in service and cleanliness a few years ago, but it remained a quality place to stay because of its location and amenities.

This year, it was a complete train wreck. From the very beginning, the Caribbean employees acted as if we were wasting their precious time -- and this is when we were trying to CHECK-IN.

The next day, the pool, hot tub and lazy river was overflowing. I agree with other reviewers that the hotel needs to do a better job of policing its patrons. I saw very few Caribbean wristbands. In fact, I quit wearing mine after the first day and was never questioned.

The third day, I attempted to get a drink at the Tiki Bar. It was obviously closed until about 10:45am. The day before, it was serving at 10:00am. I waited until 11am, when I saw staff behind the bar. The old, portly gentleman just said, "Not open yet," and returned to opening boxes of rum. I asked when they open, since there are no signs or indications of any specific operating hours. He said fifteen minutes -- maybe. Again, an employee pretended to be inconvenienced by my presence. I'm a laid back 25 year old. I was not some needy guest who expects every hotel worker to answer my every need. I just want a clean place to hang out, tan and swim. Instead, I was made to feel like a jerk for even the smallest request.

My recommendation for the Caribbean: re-evaluate your personnel. The older workers seem disenchanted and disinterested. The younger workers act as if there is no supervision.

The Caribbean's best years are behind it.

• Stayed: June 2014
7  Thank FakeEmpire21

Dear FakeEmpire21,

I am sincerely saddened to read that you feel the Caribbean's best years are behind it. Our staff takes great pride in the service we provide, and it seems that we failed you during your last experience. I am quite shocked by your feedback as I work with personnel from different departments each day and feel that we have a team equipped with strong customer service. We are very sorry you did not receive the excellent service we strive to provide, and I can assure you this will be reviewed with the heads of all departments.

The patronage your family has shown over the years means so much to us and we would hate to lose you in the future. I want to hear more about your experience, so please contact me at the resort if you are willing to chat about it. Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. I hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Excellent place to take the kids. Lots to do. Kids never asked to leave the hotel so we saved money by not paying for outside entertainment like amusements parks, etc. So many kid activities available, we didn't get to enjoy them all. Pool water is clean and warm, just the way I like it. Pool hours open til midnight! Very generous with amenities like towels. We asked for a frying pan and was granted one!

This was our favorite vacation thus far!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the lazy river so we could watch the kids from the balcony.
2  Thank jennifergilkerson

Dean jennifergilkerson,

Wow what a title! We are so thrilled to have hosted your vacation of a lifetime at the Caribbean Resort and Villas. This is a huge compliment to our entire team. Thank you for sharing this feedback with the TripAdvisor community, and we hope to see your family again soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Lots of pools,a huge slide,lazy river,A great shaded pool and hot tubs for those who want to stay out of direct sun.Right on nice beach.Plenty of tables chairs and loungers.3 Bedroom on corner.Well worth the price.Kitchen could have used a few more items,but we made do..Housekeeping on the ball,offering more supplys than we could use.
Lots of other things to do in the area.
Ate at the SeaCaptain next door.Good food and a great view.Breakfast buffet 8.99 good deal and good food.
Kids did pizza and movie 5$ for 3 hours of quite time.Lots of activities for younger kids.The yogert store across the stree was good also.went 3 times.yum...

Room Tip: We had a corner room,great for sitting a watching ocean and people.But a bit noisy at night,people p...
1  Thank mercys

Dear mercys,

Thank you very much for posting this excellent review of the Caribbean Resort and Villas. We are thrilled to hear that your family was able to take advantage of our variety of amenities and activities around the property. I hope to see your family again next year!