A friend and I just got back from our "all girl" Myrtle Beach trip with 5 children ages 10-13. After looking all over Myrtle for a clean and affordable place to stay beachfront and a few prayers, we found it!
I have been to Myrtle Beach every year and sometimes 2 times/year for the past 10 years + and this was the best deal and nicest resort by far. I have stayed in smaller hotels and larger 4-5 start hotels/condos.
The Carribean had everything we needed. There were 7 of us and we got a 2 bedroom oceanfront (21st floor) condo online with a Sunday arrival leaving Thursday for $650.00. That's a deal compared to everything else we looked at starting about $900 for the same time frame. Check-in and out was easy, a little busy, but not aggravating. We stayed in the Cayman Towers on the top floor. Other condos we have stayed at have the slowest elevators, but not this one. We may have waited a couple of minutes to get on and up to the top! Service was great and when we called with a problem in our room, someone was there within 15 minutes or less. There are several sections to this resort: the dominican condos/rooms, the cayman towers, and even a smaller Jamacain hotel next door. There were 2 large outdoor pools one with a slide (which was not open the first day, but was open for a few hours each day we were there), 1 indoor pool, 2 lazy rivers (1 indoor 1 outdoor), several hot tubs in and outdoors, and a childs play area with water buckets and squirting water inside and a submarine in shallow water outdoors.. Our girls loved the different types of pools.
The view from the sun deck to the beach was great so if you had older children/teens who could hit the beach on their own, you could keep an eye on them from there. There was an issue with people going to the pool deck and placing towels to save their "spots" like at 7am which left no seats for those of us who followed the posted signs (which said the towels would be removed if not occupied in 15 min., but I never saw that happen). The lifeguard spoke english (that was an issue when my daughter was young and got disoriented and lost her way and our lifeguard could not understand or speak english....)!
Our room had 1 bedroom with 2 full size beds a 3 drawer chest, flat screen tv, small closet; a balcony bedroom with king bed, 6 drawer dresser, larger closet, flat screen tv, and large private bath; U-shaped kitchen, 6 chair dining table, living room with sleeper couch 2 chairs, flat screen tv and a large hall bath. It also included a dishwasher and washer and dryer unit which was wonderful. All was clean--no roaches or ants in the room or noticed at the pool area as we have seen in the past even at 4 and 5 star resorts. There was a bar and snack shack at one pool area, but we did not venture that way and had no problem with drunks as I saw noted in another post.
I would recommend this resort to anyone with children to teens and even older adults as long as you don't mind the noise of the children at the pool area. Our view was great and so was our trip. Thanks to everyone at the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on ocean front, the Caribbean Resort & Villas is comprised of four separate buildings: the Dominican tower, the Cayman tower, the Chelsea Villas and the Jamaican building. Our Jamaican building is a four story structure that offers ocean view and ocean front rooms. Our Dominican tower features suites with two doubles or one king bed, an upgraded full kitchen, and living room with a comfortable sleeper sofa and a breathtaking ocean front view. Our Cayman tower offers two-three-and four bedroom condos with various bedding to suit your every need. Our Chelsea Villas our located across the street from the Cayman and Dominican towers. These villas feature two and three bedroom condos (Bedding varies in each unit.) Our guests will enjoy our spacious oceanfront pool deck with indoor and outdoor pools, outdoor lazy river, tiki bar, Jacuzzis and waterpark with an adult-size waterslide and silly submarine. During the summer children enjoy our supervised activity program where they can create crafts and take part in fun games. We are minutes from area golf courses, restaurants and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Caribbean Resort And Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Resort And Villas Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Caribbean Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Carribean
- Caribbean Myrtle Beach