3,879 results
All reviewsdominican towerchelsea housesea captainacross the streetd'ann laddlazy riverocean frontgolf directorbedroom condomurphy bedgolf packagepool areagreat place to stayhot tubfamily vacationmain buildingfull kitchen
Reviewed 15 August 2010

We stayed in the Jamaican part of the hotel- the much older and dated section. The rooms were nice size and our balcony was nice. But the room was definitely old. The refrig did not work and they had to come and fix it. The safe was broken and the door did not shut unless you tugged it shut. We ate in the room the first day and the dishes sat there the entire time. There was sand in all the corners that were there when we got there and still there when we left. You do have a small hotel pool just for your building which was wonderful. It was never crowded and we spent most of our time there. You did have access to the other pools and newer stuff one building over. The hotel is at one end of the beach so you have to drive to all the shops and restaurants. Most of the parking was across the street but it was not an issue to get across since we were so far away from the touristy stuff. Based on signs outside other older hotels in the areas, we could have stayed much cheaper since we don't need lazy rivers and slides, etc. Beach access was very convenient.

1  Thank familywtwoteens
Reviewed 14 August 2010

We stayed in the Dominican Tower. The room was tight for 5 people. Many pools to choose from which was nice. Drinks were expensive. The bartender wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. He forgot the alcohol in my mango daquiri. The staff was nice and friendly. The parking garage elevator was out all week. The hotel is in a good location for MB attractions. Spray the bed. We have red bites on our legs.

Reviewed 11 August 2010

All I have to say is kiss, kiss....(muaawwhh muaawwhh) to the caribbean staff... Job well done. You'll made this year a more joyful year to our family. We have be struggling for some time now. We was a family use to traveling almost every quater of the year until my husband lost his job and we have been struggle every since. We didn't really have the extra money to take a vacation but we are sure glad we did.................Check-in/parking was ok.. but need some working on........but what we love the most was the how clean and spotless our 3 bedroom condo (house lol) was not only when we walk-in but through out our week stay.........I say to my house keeper Carrie when we get back on our feet your plane ticket will be in the mail...............
THANKS TO ALL CARIBBEAN STAFF.... A SPECIAL THANKS AGAIN TO MS. CARRIE....

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2010

To all that may feel that the Caribbean Hotel might be the place for you... let me enlighten all of you on a few details that may change your thinking on this place. My wife booked the hotel reseverations. I can not go into detail on the total cost or prices but as for the cleaniness, amenities, and ROOM SECURITY I can give you plenty of advice from this past stay in August of 2010.
As far as the cleaniness of the hotel, the room itself was half heartedly cleaned and were not cleaned until late in the day. There were three elevator banks. Which were all shared by guests and hotel staff. At the main floor the area was crowed with hotel staff, cleaning people with large laundry carts attempting to access the elevators aswell. The staff "worked" all day and night clogging the elevators at all times of the day with large laundry carts and room cleaning carts.
The parking is across the street after parking you must play a game of "FROGGER" to get across the street to the hotel. There are no visible cameras in the parking garage and the elevator in the parking garage was broke the whole time we were there total of 5 days.
The last CAUTION I will mention is the SECURITY THROUGHOUT THE HOTEL. There IS NONE!!!!! We had our room entered and several items taken from the room, namely my laptop computer, carry case, I-pod and cellphone. After returning from dinner we noticed our door was ajar and after entering the room we realized several items were missing. I went to the the front desk to speak with the manager on duty. He half-heartedly came out and scribbled a few things down on a scratch sheet of paper, not even taking my name down. He stated he would call the police. The police did respond and took a report. I DID NOT hear anything more from ANY of the hotel staff. I have tried to this date 5 times to contact a manager or the General Manager and my calls and voicemails have gone unanswered.
This hotel had ONE security camera at the lobby area of the elevator banks, WHO KNOWS IF IT WORKED and no other cameras on the floors from what I ccould see......They will not call back so I can ask them this question. The lobby area where you get on can be accessed by anyone just walking down the street. There were no visible security personnel at the hotel and it seemed they did not care that my room was broken into and items taken. It seemed I bothered them trying to tell them what had happened.
If you are deciding on whether to stay here on not....I would suggest you pay the extra money and stay and a better managed property with better security features. Not to mention the location of the hotel... poorly located.
Also, the free "Wi-Fi" they advertise about is a SHAM! That was the reason for bringing my NOW STOLEN LAPTOP......myself along with numerous others were unalbe to acess our computers, even after going to the lobby area to try.
Our family vacation was ruined after this incident, leaviing a bad memory of Myrtle Beach and the Caribbean Hotel. Things could have been a little different if the Hotel would have cared, just a bit, about our misfourtunate mishap..It was a long quiet ride home for myself, my wife and my two small children.

4  Thank gonz13
Reviewed 10 August 2010

The customer service staff was excellent from check in to check out. Housekeeping staff was also very nice and catered to all our needs. The oceanfront suites are very spacious and the furnishings and appliances are all updated. The location is great! close to all shopping and restaurant row. All the pools are great! (especially the lazy rivers) and are kept very clean by the staff. We have traveled to Myrtle Beach for the past 10 years on family vacations and from now on the Carribbean Resort is the place to stay. We will be back in July 2011 for sure!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family