We spent 5 nights here and extended it to 6. The hotel is very well maintained; there is an army of people in white uniforms always rushing around. Plenty of storage for everything including food and beach stuff. The appliances in the kitchen were all new and help you save big bucks on meals. The fridge even had an icemaker! There was a toaster, drink pitchers, dishes & silverware plenty for the 5 of us, even a measuring cup. The poolside bar is pretty expensive. Kids loved the lazy rivers, pools, and water slide, and poolside restrooms are handy when the need arises. The beach is right off the pool deck and there is a lifeguard post right in front of the hotel. Security sems very good. We never had trouble finding a parking spot. Yes, the garage is tight, but if you have anything smaller than a monster truck and know how to drive you'll have no real problem. Elevators were even no problem; very minimal wait time. Check-in was fine; we hit it at the right time (about 3PM on a Tuesday), and check-out on Monday was a breeze. The oceanfront balcony was private with full-height walls and very nice. Try for an upper floor to get away from pool noise. Being at the lower end of price range for this type of hotel, there is definitely a "less sophisticated element" (noisy, oblivious to anyone else around them) usually around the pool, but nothing we couldn't deal with. In-room internet worked fine. Location is good. Broadway on the beach is a VERY short drive and the immediate area has relatively little traffic. For us, there's really no reason to look any farther next time we go to Myrtle Beach. There is a 24-hour Bi-Lo grocery store less than 2 miles away. Get a temporary Bi-Lo savings card; it saved us ten bucks just like that. Alcohol is prohibited on the beach and street but just pour your beer or whatever into a Nalgene bottle and don't be a fool and you'll have no worries. Fireworks on beach technically illegal, but people were setting them off every night and we never saw anyone get hassled.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on ocean front, the Caribbean Resort & Villas is comprised of four separate buildings: the Dominican tower, the Cayman tower, the Chelsea Villas and the Jamaican building. Our Jamaican building is a four story structure that offers ocean view and ocean front rooms. Our Dominican tower features suites with two doubles or one king bed, an upgraded full kitchen, and living room with a comfortable sleeper sofa and a breathtaking ocean front view. Our Cayman tower offers two-three-and four bedroom condos with various bedding to suit your every need. Our Chelsea Villas our located across the street from the Cayman and Dominican towers. These villas feature two and three bedroom condos (Bedding varies in each unit.) Our guests will enjoy our spacious oceanfront pool deck with indoor and outdoor pools, outdoor lazy river, tiki bar, Jacuzzis and waterpark with an adult-size waterslide and silly submarine. During the summer children enjoy our supervised activity program where they can create crafts and take part in fun games. We are minutes from area golf courses, restaurants and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Caribbean Resort And Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Resort And Villas Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Caribbean Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Carribean
- Caribbean Myrtle Beach