“My Family Will Be Back”
Review of Sandy Beach Resort

Sandy Beach Resort
Ranked #30 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 26 June 2012

MY family stayed at Sandy Beach Resort 4night stay. And let me tell you we did not want to go home on the last night, the stay was wonderful.
my family was in a 3 bedroom 2 full bathroom condo beachfront. we stayed on then17t floor in room 1711. The room was stock with everything we need to cook with, but we deiced to eat out ever-night for fun. every day we got new rag and towels and new bed sheets if we need it, bathroom room also clean upon request. On the down side for the 1st couple night the WiFi was slow, but when i log on late at night the WiFi ran fast and i had no issues.
The Resort is grate for family there was 2 full pool outside and one big "kids" play pool, (they or going to love it) in the inside there a lazy river and a hot tub, o pool also.
On the beach there is lot to do for the older kids and people in the family like: jet skis, pair-sailing ect.
If you love to work out there is a nice size fitness room too.
The Resort in also in walking distance (across the street) of Family kingdom amuse park. There also a pizza, sub, ice cram, gas station and D Dounts , in walking distance.
Sandy Beach Resort parking is across the street from hotel, at 1st i was like WTF, but then i was like this is not bad, someone was watching the car late at night , and if u need to pick up the family u can get the family just by pulling up to the 15min parking.
when ever my family go back to Myrtle Beach we will be staying at Sandy Beach Resort

1  Thank laquiaxoxo

Reviewed 21 June 2012

We stayed in the 3 bedroom condo and it was immaculate! It's in a great location, just across the street from Family Kingdom and within walking distance to the SkyWheel.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank jlb28928
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We stayed three nights here. Well, it is everywhere you want to be. Walking distance for EVERYTHING that we wanted. The amusement park across the street. The pier a few hotels down. The Skywheel another few steps down the opposite direction. The Boat rides and parasailing two hotels over. We parked the car when we arrived and I only moved it once to get groceries at Food Lion 3blocks down. Check in was simple. Room was clean fresh. Maid service was about 2pm daily. Kitchen stocked with supplies if you want to cook. The only thing I would say the unit needs is a broom/dustpan. The only downside the entire stay was the internet was spotty. We could only pick up a signal in the bedroom and we had to sit close to the wall. Nowhere else in the unit would pick it up. Second downside is the elevator would sometimes take forever. I would really book another stay here with no problem and maybe just pick a unit closer to the bottom to take the steps. The pool areas were nice. I like the fact some of the pools were heated too! The kiddie splash area the water was ice cold and the kids wouldnt play there. At the beach there is a life guard tower right in front of the hotel Plenty of pool chairs. BTW try the house coffee in the mornings...WONDERFUL!!! left some pics, email me if you need to and dont forget to let let me know if the review helped by hitting that yes button below.

44  Thank LAFRAGIA
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Well this was the third year in a row that we went to Sandy Beach Ocean Front and as always we had a great time, when we checked in we where not happy with the floor that we were on and the next day we were moved to another floor, management was very very helpfull. There was also an incident were the room next to us was having a big party and doing drugs, we called and reported it and within an hour they were kicked out of the hotel, good job management, this hotel is a family hotel not a party hotel. About the only thing i was not happy with was the pool cleaning company did a bad job this year, and when i told this to the manager he agreed and said that he was already in the process of hiring a new company to do the work.

Room Tip: The higher the better, better view and more peacefull
7  Thank strebber
Reviewed 15 June 2012

My husband and I wanted a place in myrtle beach that was on the ocean and not that expensive. So i found a few places and looked at pictures and i loved this place and of course read the reviews and looked at the pictures and it was definitely the same as in the pictures and what people were saying. We loved the location..right on the beach and loved that this place had 3 pools 3 hot tubs and 1 lazy river and also a children's area. I would recommend this place to others! And also check in and check out was easy and everyone there is very nice and makes you feel welcome!

Room Tip: every room is ocean front.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sweetshortie24
Reviewed 14 June 2012

This is our families fifth year staying at the Sandy Beach Resort. The resort is very nice with great amenities and modern rooms. We always book a three bedroom room. The room layout is like a small house (3BR/2Ba) and is the next best thing to renting a beach house, especially since Myrtle Beach is more of a high rise type of beach and houses aren’t really an option in the heart of the beach. Our room had a full kitchen with granite countertops, a full size refrigerator, range, microwave, dishwasher, and garbage disposal. The bedrooms are a decent size with comfortable mattresses and bedding. We have always been impressed with the rooms. The resort has two outdoor pools, two outdoor hot tubs, one indoor pool, one indoor lazy river, one indoor hot tub, and a nice kid’s pool/play area. Within walking distance, to name a few: The Second Ave Pier (and restaurant), Family Kingdom Amusement Park, a sundries store across the street, a couple beachwear stores, and a Walgreens. The only minus is the across the street paved parking lot. It is a little surprising that a property of this size does not have a parking deck. It is also a little inconvenient to cross the busy road to access your car. The resort does have overflow parking beside the amusement park, so parking should not be an issue. Overall, we have enjoyed staying at the Sandy Beach Resort and plan to return next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newer Palmetto Tower.
5  Thank saw92974
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We normally stay at beach Cove in the Crescent Beach Area, but after looking at the photos and reading the reviews, we decided to give Sandy Beach Resort a try. Definitely not a repeat for us. We had a one bedroom suite in the Palmetto building, carpet was torn away from the tile, furniture scuffed, and there was a terrible noise that sounded like a plane landing (we stayed in 1407) and when I phoned the front desk I was told that this was a normal process called "venting the building" releasing air through the vents. Really? At 3 am? Some other points:

Positive: Very friendly staff, rooms and pool area clean, good location
Negative: My billing was incorrectly handled, I paid the deposit of $205 and then the next day got an email that my account was billed for $1402, (our entire bill was only to be $833) so I went online and checked and the entire amount of $833 had been paced on my debit card. Not really a big deal (since we were going to pay it sometime anyway) except I was worried about the email so I called them. No good explanation really except I had to scan them a copy of my bank statement for them to believe i had been charged the full amount, then they finally said my account had been 'credited" and it was!-5 days later, only so we could repay it when we arrived. Parking is really bad, elevator waits are a mess, and the limited space to unload is frustrating. No pool bar or cafe for food or drinks, have to walk to the bar next door with limited menu. Not a repeat.

Room Tip: The Palmetto building is newer, but this too is dated.
3  Thank curtiscottage