We have stayed at Sandy Beach a number of times. The hotel is clean and well maintained. Just read my previous reviews. This year we checked in and that night were chased off of our beautiful ocean front balcony by the people in the room next door smoking. This IS a no smoking hotel. This was reported. As a matter of fact, it was reported every single day to 2 to 3 people, but some how nobody could catch them smoking. It was so bad, when you reached the corridor to their room it smelled of smoke terribly. The one night as I was relaxing on my balcony, they came out to smoke. I went to the front desk and was explaining to the girl the situation, and she said to me " if you want me to catch them smoking, then you need to quit talking" No kidding.
We love the Sandy Beach resort. We are still looking to see if anything else comes close. If we find something, we will probably try it just due to the lack of staff involvement in my problem.
If you do stay, and you are a non smoker, I would ask not to be put in room 209. It was chained smoked in for a week and has to smell like an ashtray!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A New Modern Oceanfront Resort with one, two, and three bedroom units. Sandy Beach Resort now boasts a Children's Interactive Pool Area, Fitness Room, Meeting Room, and a comfortable Oceanfront Lobby. Come Stay at one of Myrtle Beach's newest and nicest Oceanfront Resorts! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Sandy Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandy Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sandy Beach Resort Myrtle Beach
- Sandy Beach Myrtle