We visited the Sandy Beach 4th of July week; it was our second time in 3 years. The front desk staff was very friendly from the moment of check in. They addressed issues that were noted in the reviews such as smoking on balconies and non-guest use of the pool. We had to sign a paper agreeing to a $250 charge for smoking and were given blue rubber bracelets to wear at the pool. I agree with other reviewers that have suggested a keyed entry into the pool area. We rarely wore our bracelets in the pool area just because we forgot. Another improvement to the pool area would be an additional wash area coming in from the beach. Several times we had to stand in line to wash off; often we noticed some people would not wait but go right on in and jump in the pool all covered in sand.
We booked a 3 bedroom oceanfront room. It was very roomy and nice with 3 bedrooms, each with a closet, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, dining/living room area, washer/dryer. However, only 3 forks and once saucepan were provided in the kitchen. The dishwasher was tricky; it seemed that someone needed to stand there and keep pushing the button to keep it going. There was a huge accumulation of dust across the ceiling in the middle bedroom where the vent blew. The air conditioner vent in the oceanfront bedroom did not put out much air to my husband’s dismay as he needs it cool to sleep. These were all minor issues that we did not bring to the staff’s attention. I am not a fan of dealing with maintenance issues on my vacation so it was not worth it to me. Overall we still really enjoyed the room and resort.
One issue that was a problem was lack of wireless internet service. It is supposed to be available but we struggled to get it to work the entire time we were there. It does work great in the lobby! However, we did not want to spend much time there. Sometimes I would take it out on our balcony and get it work. I did call the front desk and they referred me to the tech line. They were not very helpful, telling me that it would probably work again later.
All things considered, we love this hotel and part of the beach. The pier is an easy walk to the left and there is a waterway to the right; both of these separate this area of the beach so it doesn’t get overly crowded. We do not visit the amusement park but it is cool to look at. Ocean watersports is set up to the right of the hotel. I love that it is so easy and convenient to ride banana boats or go parasailing right at my hotel!
Thanks for providing a great place for our memories Sandy Beach!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A New Modern Oceanfront Resort with one, two, and three bedroom units. Sandy Beach Resort now boasts a Children's Interactive Pool Area, Fitness Room, Meeting Room, and a comfortable Oceanfront Lobby. Come Stay at one of Myrtle Beach's newest and nicest Oceanfront Resorts! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your Sandy Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandy Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sandy Beach Resort Myrtle Beach
- Sandy Beach Myrtle