“Amazing vacation!”

Ranked #27 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Weirton, West Virginia
“Amazing vacation!”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Our stay started off with the friendly and courteous check in staff. We stayed in the 3 bedroom king suite. It was well worth the price. Views were amazing. Room was spotless. Locations can not be beat. No restaurant on the actual property but a beach bar and grill less than a few yards away! We were in the new part so I can not speak to the older section. Overall my husband, myself, 2 little ones and grandparents LOVED sandy beach and will be returning in 2014.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We normally like staying on the north side but when we waited to late to book nothing was left hardly I ended up booking here and I was very surprised,this place is my favorite I will never stay anywhere else.its directly across from family kingdom and a small like grocery store also plus shops are within walking distance.very clean place,nice workers and the rooms are really nice I've stayed at Atlantica and all kinds of nice ones but this place blows them out of the water.we had a 3 bedroom and it gave everyone there own privacy and plenty of room so we wasn't crowded.every room has its own balcony and bathroom.i don't have anything at all I can complain about from this place and that's unusual for me I'm a picky person.but try this place out and you won't be disappointed

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

We were originally booked into The Captains Quarters, but left after two nights due to lots of room issues. We booked a 2 bedroom ocean view at The Sandy Beach and stayed there for the remaining 5 nights of our vacation. All of the staff members we had the pleasure of meeting were very nice and were always more than willing to offer dining or entertainment suggestions. The room was nice and roomy and our two young children made themselves right at home. We needed a new toaster and it was delivered to our room within minutes. We loved everything from the location, staff, pools and room to the general look of the resort, beach access and room balconies (one overlooking the boulevard and the other, the ocean). We are already looking into return dates for next Summer. We paid more than if we had booked in advance, but it was worth the extra money. Thank you Sandy Beach for saving our vacation. If our only option was The Captains Quarters, we would have made an early 12 hour drive home.

• Stayed August 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I was so excited to bring my family to the Sandy Beach Resort for the summer. I read up on the reviews and since most people had pretty good experiences, I gave it a try despite the hotel costing me an arm and a leg. I wanted my family to have a good time on the beach. When we arrived, the lady at the front desk was nice but flirted a lot with the guy in the back office which was annoying. We checked into our room and at first glance, it looked beautiful! As I inspected the rooms, bathrooms, etc like some moms do, I found some things that were just unpleasing. I'm in no way a nitpicker but when it comes to the sanitation of my children, I will voice my concerns. The sheets on the bed had this brownish small stain on it, the bathroom was moldy and nasty (see picture below), the vents in the room leaked, the patio was so SMALL that only one person literally could fit at one time. We stayed in a Palmetto Suite. Needless to say, I called the front desk and they tried their best to accommodate us, but for the money we paid to stay there, the place should have been way better. There's no music at the pool area, no bar on site, but there is a bar next door. The Sandy Beach can be an even greater place to stay at if they LOWER THEIR PRICES, CLEAN UP MORE, and provide other fun AMENITIES for families if they are going to charge through the roof like they're doing now. We deserve more if we're spending our hard earned cash on this place!

Room Tip: If you like spending A LOT of your hard earned cash on mediocre service, then this is the place for...
Collings Lakes, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Spent 1 week in a 3 Bd. penthouse suite. Nice size unit, view incredible, friendly staff, clean hotel. Parking in lot across the street, nice beach area, within walking distance to many attractions and restaurants. Many of the negative issues voiced in earlier reviews must have been addressed. Staff in pool area checked to be sure only guests were there. The elevators were not dirty however depending upon when you used them a few times there were water and sand on the floor from people coming in from the beach. We had absolutely no problem with WIFI. We enjoyed this hotel and would stay again.

Room Tip: Corner units have a terrific view of the 2nd street pier and on wed. nights they have a wonderful fi...
2 Thank Jpaws
Hodgenville
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We visited the Sandy Beach 4th of July week; it was our second time in 3 years. The front desk staff was very friendly from the moment of check in. They addressed issues that were noted in the reviews such as smoking on balconies and non-guest use of the pool. We had to sign a paper agreeing to a $250 charge for smoking and were given blue rubber bracelets to wear at the pool. I agree with other reviewers that have suggested a keyed entry into the pool area. We rarely wore our bracelets in the pool area just because we forgot. Another improvement to the pool area would be an additional wash area coming in from the beach. Several times we had to stand in line to wash off; often we noticed some people would not wait but go right on in and jump in the pool all covered in sand.

We booked a 3 bedroom oceanfront room. It was very roomy and nice with 3 bedrooms, each with a closet, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, dining/living room area, washer/dryer. However, only 3 forks and once saucepan were provided in the kitchen. The dishwasher was tricky; it seemed that someone needed to stand there and keep pushing the button to keep it going. There was a huge accumulation of dust across the ceiling in the middle bedroom where the vent blew. The air conditioner vent in the oceanfront bedroom did not put out much air to my husband’s dismay as he needs it cool to sleep. These were all minor issues that we did not bring to the staff’s attention. I am not a fan of dealing with maintenance issues on my vacation so it was not worth it to me. Overall we still really enjoyed the room and resort.

One issue that was a problem was lack of wireless internet service. It is supposed to be available but we struggled to get it to work the entire time we were there. It does work great in the lobby! However, we did not want to spend much time there. Sometimes I would take it out on our balcony and get it work. I did call the front desk and they referred me to the tech line. They were not very helpful, telling me that it would probably work again later.

All things considered, we love this hotel and part of the beach. The pier is an easy walk to the left and there is a waterway to the right; both of these separate this area of the beach so it doesn’t get overly crowded. We do not visit the amusement park but it is cool to look at. Ocean watersports is set up to the right of the hotel. I love that it is so easy and convenient to ride banana boats or go parasailing right at my hotel!

Thanks for providing a great place for our memories Sandy Beach! 

1 Thank hedwiglee
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Don't book thinking you will have Internet it never worked. The elevators are discusting . There are dogs people just bring them and even though it is a non smoking hotel it is not enforced. The location is good but parking is awful.

• Stayed July 2013