“Totally recommend Sandy Beach Resort”
Review of Sandy Beach Resort

Sandy Beach Resort
Ranked #30 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I apologize in advanced for how unorganized this post might be. I tend to jump around a lot. :)

We recently spent 6 days at Sandy Beach Resort and loved it! (August 18 - 23, 2013) Last year we stayed at The Sea Crest (descent, friendly place) but we were very disappointed. I have stayed at several different hotels and resorts in the area, always looking for "the one" that we could return to. This time we had booked at Ocean's One Resort but after all the recent reviews we decided to cancel. Last minute we found Sandy Beach Resort, had no problem booking. I even called 2 nights prior to our arrival to add a night. The lady was super helpful and processed our extra night quickly. We stayed in the 1BR Deluxe Oceanfront Suite- Palmetto on the 14th floor. (2 adults 2 children) From check-in to check-out our stay was amazing. We expected to a long wait to check-in at 4:00 pm, I walked right up and checked in. The staff was more than friendly and helpful. The guard helped us park inside the loading/unloading area. Parking is across the street which I thought would be a pain. It was super easy to find parking every single time. There was a small grocery store directly across the street. Very convenient! Perfect location, you are within walking distance to several fun attractions and the 2nd Avenue Pier. The beach was rarely crowded. I think this has a lot to do with the water park next door and the pier. So not a lot of traffic passed by. The banana boats, jet skis and parasailing rentals was right in front of us which was awesome to watch and do. There was even some dolphin activity going on during the mornings that I got some awesome shots of.

Now to the room. Unlike many of the hotels in the area, our 1 bdrm looked exactly as pictured on the site. Gorgeous room! (my favorite was the kitchen) Everything was clean, very well put together. Great size for our family of 4. The bedroom was comfortable and roomy, nice size closet (if you like to hang most of your clothes, I would say pick up a pack of extra hangers). The Bathroom has a good size cabinet for all of your toiletries. Shower had good drainage and water pressure. (several of the ones we have stayed at had horrible draining and water pressure issues) The washer/dryer was a great addition. The kitchen had granite counter tops with stainless steel appliances. All were very clean. Good cabinet space. We had no issues with any appliance. The living was spacious and clean. Furniture was clean, balcony was nice. View from the 14th floor was perfect. I loved how the balcony was rounded, made it feel roomy. It even had a small balcony light which lit up the floor area. Has anyone else noticed how NICE the entire property smells?

The property and beach was clean. Elevators were sometimes a little slow, but it's expected. So, I didn't mind waiting a couple of minutes in some cases. They were always clean. If there were water and/or sand on the floors, they were cleaned up promptly. The pools were always clean. Our boys thought it was cool that we all had to wear bracelets while in the pool area. The lobby was very nice. Love the layout and flow of the lobby area. The beach area was nice, I enjoyed not having to walk a far way out just to get to the sand. It wasn't overly crowded. Even the water seemed a bit clearer this time.

We really enjoy visiting the last of August. Doesn't seem to be as crowded. School has started with most families. We had the pleasure of sticking with the same 2 ladies that cleaned our room. Super nice and friendly. We only had them clean our room 3 times out of our 6 night stay and when we didn't need them, they would still knock to give us clean linens/towels and toiletries as well as take our trash and dirty towels. I'm not recommending it, but a couple of times we forgot to put away our electronics and such away. It was refreshing to know that when we returned everything was still there. (I only say this because theft seems to be a big issue around the area) They even folded our personal blankets and loose clothing that was laying across chairs. :) GREAT PLACE! We look forward to staying at Sandy Beach Resort next summer again! And have already recommended this place to several family/friends. Good Job Sandy Beach Resort on offering a great, clean, affordable place for my family to vacation at! See you next summer! (If not sooner)

Room Tip: I would recommend that you request a room in the Palmetto Section. Seems to be newer and up to date...
2  Thank Krisr1321
Write a ReviewReviews (1,639)

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Once again we had a beautiful room we just visited this past April and had to go again in August love it Love it love it. The palmetto suites are the best they are clean and updated with appliances. Room services is excellent we had daily service all 5 days

Room Tip: Palmetto is more modern
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed in the sandy beach resort, what an experience we had. We have been to the beach almost every year for the past 8 years with my family and friends, and they showed us real southern hospitality.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Well, We stayed in the Standard Suite – Oceanfront – Magnolia 2nd Floor on Aug 11 - 16 2013 . the room was close to the elevators but we could use the stairs with ease. One of my kids was stung by a jellyfish an the staff there was awesome in assisting us. The room was clean ! ! and the housekeeping was there early every morning if needed. The pools were all clean and the wristbands were a great addition as some teenagers were kicked out that didn't have them. We felt a lot safer. The location was great for our older kids 15 18 and 20 yr olds.There was a lot of things for them to do in the evening. Also our younger 8 yr old was happy digging in the sand, swimming in the ocean and playing in the lazy river . We stayed at other resorts in the past but it was nicer to be close to all the things the grand strand has to offer. We will be back for sure ! !

2  Thank greg C
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My family and I had a great time. I brought family members who had never been to Myrtle Beach. Everyone had wonderful things to say about the hotel, the staff and the view. I love the idea of the wrist bands for hotel guest to gain access to the pool. We are in the process of planning next year's trip. Keep up the good work.

Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Ok just returned from our 6th annual trip to Wonderful Myrtle Beach.. 3 rd time stay at the Sandy Beach Resort! And again I must give the resort an Outstanding review! We arrived on Saturday the 2nd to a slightly congested loading area as expected. Although we had no problem getting in or out. I know I've said this in past reviews and I can't say it enough. If you have more then one adult upon arrival have one do the check in upstairs in lobby ( 2nd floor) while other adult unpacks car. It makes life a lot easier on yourselves. Leaving the car in the load area is fine while you make the journey up to your room.
This year we stayed on the 19th floor(top) in the Palmetto tower and the view was spectacular. The room was is perfect order when we arrived. Plenty of towels, and all the kitchen supplies we needed! And it smelled perfectly nice and clean! Kudos to the cleaning lady up there. I didn't catch her name but she always had a smile!
This year my family decided to come a little earlier then usual.. (We like to come at end of August into Sept as to not have to deal with huge crowds. But surprisingly we only had the hardest time with that in traffic coming into MB and leaving other then that it wasn't that bad at all!
The Sandy Beach resort is located in a great spot... Just far enough away from the real noisey bustling area of the strip but yet still close enough to walk. Which my family and I did. Only a few blocks from 2nd ave pier and your on the boardwalk which is awesome for a stroll and great for photo taking. And if your adventurous side is ready the Ocean Watersports is directly on the beach only yards away... We enjoyed Jetskiing, banana boat rides this year.. They also have parasailing and hike we were there this year they were testing out the newest craze the Hyro-Boarding it looked awesome!
Getting back to Sandy Beach it really always comes down to the location... They REALLY are in the perfect location for a young family. And adults can always slip away in McAdoos Beach Bar which is directly next
door and open at 11 if you need a cocktail!
Lol
All in all I highly recommend sandy beach resort and will come back again for sure! The staff is great!
Sincerely
THE DIAZ FAMILY

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank Rich D
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My family and I stayed in room 418(magnolia). The place was amazing. Very nice staff, very nice rooms, and very nice swimming area. The beds were nice. The room was well maintained and clean. Had 5 total elevators and never had to wait. Lots of parking and even a over flow area accross the street next door. The maids did a great job on cleaning. We would leave to go to the beach and when we returned you could tell the room had been cleaned. The great smell of cleaner! LOVED IT!!! I would recommend this to all my friends and family. Located about a mile and 1/2 from main strip area. Wifi worked fine. The best part was there were two airconditioners in the room. One in bedroom and one in livingroom. (you don't get that often) 3 swimming pools(2 outside and 1 inside), lazy river, three hot tubs(1 huge one and 2 small ones), and a kiddie pool area with some fun water thingys in them. All in all a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a room from 4th floor and up for a better view, but all are good.
1  Thank shannonfalin