“A lil slice of heaven.”

Ranked #24 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Jackson, New Jersey, United States
“A lil slice of heaven.”
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

Ok just returned from our 6th annual trip to Wonderful Myrtle Beach.. 3 rd time stay at the Sandy Beach Resort! And again I must give the resort an Outstanding review! We arrived on Saturday the 2nd to a slightly congested loading area as expected. Although we had no problem getting in or out. I know I've said this in past reviews and I can't say it enough. If you have more then one adult upon arrival have one do the check in upstairs in lobby ( 2nd floor) while other adult unpacks car. It makes life a lot easier on yourselves. Leaving the car in the load area is fine while you make the journey up to your room.
This year we stayed on the 19th floor(top) in the Palmetto tower and the view was spectacular. The room was is perfect order when we arrived. Plenty of towels, and all the kitchen supplies we needed! And it smelled perfectly nice and clean! Kudos to the cleaning lady up there. I didn't catch her name but she always had a smile!

• Stayed August 2013
billfishmi, Public Relations Manager at Sandy Beach Resort, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Rich,

We are glad that have made a THIRD visit to Sandy Beach Resort. We pride ourselves in repeat business and appreciate you returning time and time again to stay with us. Thanks for sharing your tips and we agree, the views from the 19th floor are great.

We hope we see you again soon!

Sandy Beach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
Easley, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Last year I stayed in the Palmetto section at Sandy Beach, and I loved it. It was clean, great location, and had very nice staff. This year I decided to try the Magnolia side, which was a huge mistake. I called and talked to a desk receptionist about Magnolia side. I have allergies and knew the realization of the possibility of the old side having mold and mildew. I was reassured that Magnolia was updated and clean. As soon as I opened the door it smelled horrible. The bed was like a piece of wood, and the bed area was next to the door allowing you to hear everything in the hallway. I did not have one good nights rest, and the last night the door had a whistling noise that sounded like I was in a horror movie. Other than the room the pool area and location is good. I was not happy that I was lied to about that section. I understand they have a job to promote the place, but I was still planning to stay there just in the Palmetto section if the Magnolia section was not the best. Honestly, I am just disappointed that I had a horrible room when I tried to avoid that. I am unsure if I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay in the Palmetto section for a good vacation.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
billfishmi, Public Relations Manager at Sandy Beach Resort, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Heather,

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay at Sandy Beach Resort. Yes, the Magnolia side does not have the same exact furnishings as the Palmetto side, however, it is a much more affordable option for our guests. The two sides are different thus that is reflected in the rate that our guests pay. The Magnolia rooms at Sandy Beach have been recently updated with new furnishings, bedding, and are always clean. In fact, the Magnolia rooms have the same exact bedding as rooms on the Palmetto side and provide a great value for travelers coming to the beach.

We hope we can earn your business back at the Sandy Beach Resort.

Thanks
SB
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed from 9/7/13 to 9/13/13 in the 1 bedroom deluxe oceanfront suite. It included a full kitchen, washer/dryer, and a nice sized balcony for only a 1 bedroom. The room felt up-to-date with only minor wear and tear that would be expected (a scuff or 2 on the walls and that's it). We arrived several hours prior to the 4:00pm check-in time. The staff allowed us to complete our check-in process early and supplied us with our parking pass and arm bands for the pool area while we waited for our room to be ready. They called us as soon as the room was ready and we were able to get our belongings to our room before the crowd of people coming to check in at 4:00pm. The loading and unloading area did become quite busy during check-in and out times, but a hotel security staff was present to assist in directing guests during those times. We also saw the security staff doing checks of the cars in the hotel's parking lot. Overall, we were VERY pleased with our stay and plan to return.

• Stayed September 2013
Tiffany,

We are pleased that you chose to stay at Sandy Beach Resort and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do everything to get our guests in their room as soon as it becomes available to us. As you mentioned, we do have a full time security guard that helps ease our travelers check-in, check-outs, and overall stay. We offer a great location and great rooms for all travelers. All of our 1 Bedrooms like you stayed in have great balcony's and there is not a room in the building that does not have a ocean view. Thanks and we hope to see you again soon,

Sandy Beach Resort
piney
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We decided to stay at Sandy Beach Resort this year for the family vacation. It was amazing. Great views, great staff, and a nice clean room. At first I was a little worried of there rates vs others due to how much cheaper they were. But when we got there and got checked in it was great. Very good central location in South Myrtle Beach. This is defiantly where we will be staying from year after year.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are great. You can really see the ocean good from the balcony without having to...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank fireman861
We are pleased that you felt at home at Sandy Beach Resort. We strive to make our guests feel at home during their entire stay no matter how long that may be. Like you said, we offer a great location in Myrtle Beach and offer great rates for everyone! Thanks for staying with us!

Sandy Beach
Lexington, SC
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This was our 5th year staying at this awesome resort. Honestly, I would not stay anywhere else even if it was given to me. The rooms are clean, clean, clean. The entire resort has the most pleasant, clean smell no matter where you are. Rooms are fully equipped for all of your cooking needs. The washer and dryer in the room is a HUGE plus!!! All this resort needs is an on site restaurant and we would probably never need to leave at all. We love this place and will see you again, Sandy Beach in 354 days!!! This has become our home away from home every September. When I read the negative reviews , first I wonder if they even stayed at the same place we go to or are they really that petty about things and are the type that can not be satisfied no matter what. The things they complain about we have never had an issue with, ie the spotty wifi. Was not an issue once during our entire 9 day stay and we were on the 18th floor. Rude staff? NEVER. Dirty Pools? In 5 years have never seen that either. They have a very attentive staff and would not allow this property to be run that way. I can not say enough good things about this hotel. Can't wait til next year!!!

Room Tip: Restaurant rated terrible only because there isn't one
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Martinsville, Virginia
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We had the BEST beach trip EVER staying at Sandy Beach Resort! They are so kind and friendly and the rooms are AMAZING. I would totally recommend staying there :) They have several pools, a HUGE kiddy pool and a lazy river. And being on the ocean is super great too :) LOVE this place!!!!!

Room Tip: If you want a washer/dryer and a dish washer in your room - I totally recommend the Palmetto side. W...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DigiMamas
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Sandy Beach has the perfect location for everything. Within walking distance of anything you will need to refresh your body and mind. And just enough "out of the way" of the busy, noisey crowd that can sometime be a bother instead of entertaining. I will come back again and again because, all though I am just a long weekend visitor, they make me feel like I am a most important person. Customer Service is A1. Clean and safe.

Room Tip: When I come to Sandy Beach I feel the best floor is 3rd. Low enough to just barely hear the pool cro...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends