“Great View and Incredibly Clean”
Review of Sandy Beach Resort

Sandy Beach Resort
Ranked #29 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This Sandy Beach Resort has an incredible view of the ocean, it is very clean (inside and out) The staff is very knowledgeable and willing to ensure you are having the best vacation/stay possible especially Jim B! He went made sure we had everything we need and was willing to accommodate in any way possible. The hotel is within walking distance of practically everything in Myrtle Beach. The pools and hot tubs were very clean. The rooms were great for multiple guests, we did not feel like we were walking over each other like you would at most other resorts and they are very clean. I would definitely recommend staying at the Sandy Beach Resort!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Cale B

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Me and my girlfriend were visiting myrtle beach back in January. The hotel was excellent, but David( The night manager) was great. He help us pick out restaurants and great shows to visit on our trip. The entire staff were great from the manager to the house keeping. We will definitely visit this hotel again and recommend this to our friends and family.

Room Tip: Get a room on the high floor so you can see the beautiful ocean.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Courtney10001
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel for about a week and I can't say enough awesome things about my stay! The room was amazing, amazing view, right on the beach, the pool was so relaxing and it's within walking distance to practically everything. It was also really quiet. The staff was very nice, helpful and accommodating. I would especially like to mention the manager David Savoca. He really went over and beyond with his attention to detail, making sure that we had everything we needed and answered any questions that I had. I plan on another visit in September and know where I will stay! Thank you Sandy Beach Resort and David Savoca! You have made me one happy customer!

Room Tip: Call David Savoca!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Melissa B
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I was just in Myrtle Beach for a long weekend and stayed at the Sandy Beach Resort. The room was spacious, clean, had a full kitchen, washer/dryer, family room, more like a condo than a hotel! Perfect service, I had one issue with a slow shower drain and a man named Neal Falvey fixed it almost at once! Perfect Service, Perfect Room, Perfect Hotel! The view from the balcony overlooking the ocean is breathtaking, and the location of the hotel is perfect for exploring all that Myrtle Beach has to offer!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Brian K
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Wonderful experience! The accommodations were beautiful, the service was impeccable and the amenities were super. The beach front view was spectacular. We were there in October and could not have been treated better. Our rooms were quiet and spacious and the location was central to everything. The management is particularly customer friendly and will strive to ensure your time there is excellent in every way.

Room Tip: Don't miss the excellent ocean view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ken T
Reviewed 27 January 2014

For our anniversary, we decided to get a jacuzzi room at the beach. I was a little concerned when I found out we were staying in the older section of the hotel, the Magnolia jacuzzi suite, but when we got there, the room was very clean and the furnishings were nice. The bed cover was a little lumpy from washing but the mattress and pillows slept great. The TV's worked and we had a nice view of the beach. The jacuzzi tub however, was a let down. It was very small, really only made for one person, or two small people. When I first turned on the jets, some trash came out. Only two of the jets worked so it wasn't much of a jacuzzi. On our second night at the hotel, we acquired some noisy neighbors. I don't know if the walls were that thin or they were just that loud but they woke us up about 12:00 with their talking, yelling, radio and TV. I don't know if I would want to stay at this hotel during the busy season when I had people on both sides or not. If I do return, I think I will try the king jacuzzi suite on the newer side of the hotel and see if it is any better.

Room Tip: Try the newer section of the hotel. Maybe it will be quieter and the jacuzzi will work properly.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Joan R
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Even though it was the off season the hotel had plenty of staff to meet our needs. Every inquiry or request was met quickly and with respect. We really liked having the kitchenette and laundry, all of which was adequate to our needs.

The hotel is situated pretty close to center of town, which made getting places pretty simple.

The only complaint I had was about the wind noise, which was explained by the management as having to do with the building codes/structure. It was only one night, so as long as it wasn't rodents, I was fine.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who asked.

Room Tip: Ask about which wing has the least wind noise during the season you'll be visiting. The noise p...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple