“Excellent Hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Columbia, South Carolina
“Excellent Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

My weekend stay at Sandy Beach Resort was wonderful. I stayed in the palmetto building and it was beautiful and relaxing. The front desk staff was very nice, the young lady Miraka was very helpful and pleasant. I will definitely stay here again, it was lovely.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ritaboo_91

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

Stayed at the Sandy Beach Resort a few weeks ago and it was GREAT! When booking the trip I Spoke with a front desk Rep Named Sean. He was very helpful and when I arrived he check me in. He has EXCELLENT Customer Service and helpful when I asked about what there was to do. He made my stay very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Speak to Sean for the BEST customer service.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank T S
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

Sandy Beach is located in a most excellent location on Myrtle Beach with most all rooms directly overlooking the beach and ocean front. The hotel is within walking distance of many shops and restaurants. The rooms are very spacious with main living rooms that offer expansive views

Room Tip: I have stayed a few times at the hotel and all rooms have a great view and seem to be very well insu...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Freddie C
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Enjoyed our 4 night stay so much we are trying to book for a couple of months next winter. One of the cleanest rooms we have stayed in at great value. Slept like a baby! We were in a one bedroom with two double beds in Magnolia. It had a galley kitchen that was nicely equipped, just a bit dated. Main living area had a dining table with 4 chairs, flat screen tv, sofa bed and a Murphy bed in the wall. We had a nice size deck with a great view. Staff were amazingly friendly and helpful. No dining on premises but close to many. Enjoyed our playtime in the lazy river and easy beach access. Parking just across the street and security patrolled. We look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: We love rooms on the lower floors (2-4) so that we also get a view of the palm trees with the ocean...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 2kim
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed at the Sandy Beach Resort a while back and can't express my thanks to an employee (Jim Bullard) for all of his help. Unfortunately (and I totally new better), I booked my trip through expedia and they messed up my reservation details. Fortunately, Jim was there to save the day! He made my friends and my stay there the best I have had in a VERY long time. I travel 60% of the year for work so that is saying something! He was level headed (although I'm sure I was making a fool of myself), compassionate, and made EVERYTHING right. It's hard to find an employee like Jim and I cannot thank him enough for his services! He is AMAZING! The hotel was beautiful and the experience was wonderful on Sandy Beach Resort's part! I can't thank everyone enough! GREAT GREAT GREAT hotel and staff!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mporter0010
Cayce, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

This Sandy Beach Resort has an incredible view of the ocean, it is very clean (inside and out) The staff is very knowledgeable and willing to ensure you are having the best vacation/stay possible especially Jim B! He went made sure we had everything we need and was willing to accommodate in any way possible. The hotel is within walking distance of practically everything in Myrtle Beach. The pools and hot tubs were very clean. The rooms were great for multiple guests, we did not feel like we were walking over each other like you would at most other resorts and they are very clean. I would definitely recommend staying at the Sandy Beach Resort!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Cale B
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Me and my girlfriend were visiting myrtle beach back in January. The hotel was excellent, but David( The night manager) was great. He help us pick out restaurants and great shows to visit on our trip. The entire staff were great from the manager to the house keeping. We will definitely visit this hotel again and recommend this to our friends and family.

Room Tip: Get a room on the high floor so you can see the beautiful ocean.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple