“Great Place to bring family!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sandy Beach Resort

Ranked #24 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Virginia
“Great Place to bring family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

You will have no regrets if you stay at Sandy Beach Resort. The staff is great. Rooms are well kept. Yes, there is dust behind the dresser in the bedroom and in the corners; but overall, rooms are decorated nicely and clean. The pool area is nice for any age. There is security on duty at all times. It's a great place to bring your entire family.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
billfishmi, Public Relations Manager at Sandy Beach Resort, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
cindyann0606,

Thanks for staying with us and we are pleased that you agree with us, that Sandy Beach Resort is a great place to bring your family.

We have a great staff and an unbeatable location right on the beach. Our rooms are both affordable and clean.

See you soon,

Sandy Beach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the 2 bedroom deluxe. Great ocean view and south window overlooking family kingdom and water park. Room was spacious and clean. Bedrooms quiet. Easy check in. First time here, would come back!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
billfishmi, Public Relations Manager at Sandy Beach Resort, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Pam B,

We agree, Sandy Beach Resort is a nice place. Our 2 bedroom deluxe is one of the nicest units in the building offering great views and lots of room for all. Our rooms do not start until the second floor and offer great unobstructed views. We hope to see you soon!

Thanks,
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

We had a great time with some old friends from the northern lands at Sandy Beach Resort. Easy fast check in. Parking was across the street, but easy in and out and free. Pools were very clean and plenty of deck chairs to enjoy the am sun. Rooms were clean and well maintained. Our 1 bedroom deluxe, had a great view of the sea, a beautiful sunrise if you can get up at 6 am. Staff was very polite and friendly. Nice to have a washer and dryer in the unit, less to pack, more room for all the t shirts on your return trip home. Only thing missing was a bar, but you can walk next door and find a 2 bars in the same block on the beach. Bottoms up and enjoy your stay, we did.

Room Tip: We were on the 16th floor, great views, I believe that 90% of the rooms have a ocean front view. The...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Tim S,

There is nothing better than spending time on the beach with your friends. Certainly to escape the colder weather to the north! Our rooms all have great views and like you said about 90% of our rooms are oceanfront but all offer a view of the ocean. The One Bedroom Deluxe offers a washer and dryer that makes life easier while at the beach. We do have a couple bars directly next door that are easy to access for our guests!

We hope you choose us again,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I spend a lonely weekend at Sandy Beach resort with my wonderful girlfriend. The staff were very attentive and the rooms were very clean and organized. David the manager check us in and he was able to help us plan a great birthday dinner and suggested a great florist to pick up flowers for my girlfriend. This is by far the best hotel to stay in at myrtle beach. I would recommend this place to everyone.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Easthampton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

This property is well maintained and has some of the nicest and professional front desk staff! They welcomed us and told us about things in the area. They even let me use a computer to print discount tickets that I'd forgotten to do at home! The rooms are clean and the views are nice. We look forward to our stay there year after year! Our four kids love to pool hop and run back and forth to the ocean! As a parent of four I liked seeing the security roaming around, it made me feel like we could get any type of help from any part of the building! We like it so much we brought SIX families down for spring break 2014! They can't wait to return too!

Room Tip: Rooms on lower floors will hear more foot traffic at night
Kannapolis, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

My wife and I take my kids to Myrtle Beach each Spring Break for 3-4 days. We usually stay in North Myrtle Beach but our "usual" hotel was totally booked so I went looking online for a new place to stay. I am pretty set in my ways and always like to know what to expect so, needless to say, I was a little nervous about staying somewhere different. I cannot tell you the sigh of relief I heaved when I checked into the Sandy Beach.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by the nicest security guard who directed us where to park, the location of the elevators, the lobby, etc. The people at the front desk were also very nice and there were no problems at all.

Our room was 1505, a one bedroom suite in the Palmetto ("newer") section. This room had it's own washer/dryer combo. It's inside a closet so you may miss it at first. Also, in this section, the heat/air is a central unit so whatever the setting is in the living room, that is the temperature throughout the suite. Yes, the parking is across the street but there is a cross-walk and it is located a few yards from a traffic light so it is not a problem crossing the street since people get caught at the red light and most people didn't mind stopping to let you cross even if the light was green.

Across the street from the hotel there is a little grocery store that carries bagged ice, water, sodas, beer, coolers, cigarettes, newspapers, laundry supplies, canned food, coffee creamer etc. Essentially a little convenience store.

The lazy river, hot tubs and pools were always clean when we were there. The showers between the ocean and the hotel all worked when we were there too. The hotel even provided beach towels which could be a lot bigger but fine for my children.

I thought that the size of the balconies was fine so I don't understand other people saying they are too small. I mean, I guess if you are trying to fit 4 or 5 people out there you will have an issue but it is perfectly comfortable for 2 or 3 people.

The hotel is 100% nonsmoking which worked great for my family because my wife and I don't smoke and we hate exposing our kids to second hand smoke.

So, I guess to sum it all up, if you are super high maintenance go up the street to the Hampton Inn and spend $300 a night but if you want a clean, comfortable hotel with nice employees at a good rate, the Sandy Beach is your place.

We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Family oriented......
6 Thank Cruiser4Lyfe
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

My family enjoyed our stay spring break 2014! Clean room, clean pools, clean resort! Excellent location close to everything you never have to move your car! Only thing it's missing is a bar and restaurant!

Room Tip: Oceanfront you can't go wrong!!!!
4 Thank LbKake