“Would not recommend to anybody”
Review of Sandy Beach Resort

Ranked #30 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 5 June 2014

if you smoke cigarettes or drink do not stay at this hotel you will be harrassed the entire vacation by security. I have never stayed at a place where security is in every corner even shining lights up on the balconies no privacy what so ever. Ridiculous. As for housekeeping we didnt see them for three days had to call the office and request towels and a mop and broom because i was going to do it myself. The office clerk did in fact come and do it himself which was nice but not his job. Woke up one morning to the fire alarm going off saying there was a fire evacuate scared everyone to death there where children crying on the steet the fire department was called needless to say a bag of popcorn burnt. Very unecessary. Will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank jessikarhet
billfishmi, Public Relations Manager at Sandy Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

jessikarhat,

Sandy Beach Resort is a ALL NON SMOKING RESORT. We let guests know before arrival and at arrival that the resort does not allow smoking except for in designated area's.

We apologize about the inconvenience with the popcorn causing the fire alarm to go off but we take every fire alarm seriously to ensure the safety of all of our guests.

We hope you give us another chance and apologize that your stay was not satisfactory for you.

Cheers,
Sandy Beach Resort

Write a ReviewReviews (1,638)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed 5/17/2014 - 5/24/2014, Great location , great weather , and Myrtle Beach never disappoints but my room or should I say my bed disappointed me. I stayed in the old part of the building room 518 and the bed was far from being anything I wanted to sleep on. I ended up sleeping on the bed that my friend gave up to sleep on the couch. I did however enjoy my stay and have really no other complaints other than the hard bed that leaned, it's time for some updating in that room. Great oceanfront view , nice pool accomadations and like I said great location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Sheila F,

We appreciate you staying with us this May and choosing Sandy Beach Resort. We are pleased that you enjoyed you stay overall and had no other complaints but the bed. We will be sure to address this issue and hope that your return to Sandy Beach Resort!

Thanks

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Let me first say that I recommended over ten families to this newly renovated hotel. I had the best expectations of my stay as I have stayed here for years! My family pulled up and expected that this stay would be wonderful per usual. However, we were greeted with looks of disgust and felt very unwelcome as they saw our family pull up already stereotyping us for trouble. The security guards acted as if they had to watch our every move and did you know... You can't even stand outside the hotel where you paid your hard earned money to stay at? According to the very RUDE MANAGER, "we accumulated too many ppl" what does that even mean? ...and if you have a large family ...don't even think about it..according to the staff ... Your family should be on a private beach in a beach house as to not "disturb" the young, blonde whose daughter takes naps as if we don't have a family with children as well. What kind of vacation is that? Where they place handwritten notes on your door that states, "no visitors and no company after 11 pm" where there are educated, hard working, grown mothers and grandmothers staying. It's ridiculous! Do not, I repeat, Do NOT stay at the newly renovated Sandy Beach. You won't be viewed as a guest with your family on vacation, but more of the unwanted guest already pinned as a problem

• Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank Vacaylady6
billfishmi, Public Relations Manager at Sandy Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

vacalady6,

First of all no one is unwelcome at the Sandy Beach Resort. As you can tell with the reviews left by other travelers, this is a isolated incident that only occurred during your stay.

Sandy Beach strives to ensure that once a visitor checks in to the hotel that their stay is relaxing, comfortable and enjoyable. You are correct that Sandy Beach does not allow late night partying or loud noise late at night. In short, we promote guests being respectful of other guests while they are staying here so people can relax while on their vacation. When a guest chooses Sandy Beach and pays us for their vacation, we want to ensure they get just that!

Sandy Beach is and has always been a family resort and will continue to be that way. If you are coming to Myrtle Beach to have a fun, relaxing, and enjoyable stay then Sandy Beach Resort is 100% the spot for you!

Thanks,

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Overall it was a good stay, plenty of swimming pools and right on the beach for easy access to the ocean. Minor complaints.....only 3 elevators for this massive building making the way in and out very timely. Check in is horrible because everyone arrives at 4 to check in at 5 so prepare to waste an hour in line. Noone oversees the pools very well....lots of kids without swim diapers and lots of non guests sharing the pools. Only 1 security guard and we had to report a "wanderer" for looking through peoples belongings in the pool area but by the time we actually tracked down the guard...the wanderer moved on. Parking is across the street from the hotel( so is most of the hotel parking in the area....it is well lit, but easy target for thrives (lock up!) I think Myrtle beach is trying to clean up...they have a ways to go but overall fun place to visit.

• Stayed: May 2014

mandtmommy,

Thanks for leaving your review of Sandy Beach Resort. We are happy to hear that you had a great overall stay and found us a affordable and clean option for travelers coming to stay in Myrtle Beach. We apologize about it being crowded at check-in time. There are 2 other elevators (5 in all) on the south side of the building but it does get very busy at certain times of the day.

We do have a full time pool attendant now and also have wrist bands that are required to ensure only hotel guests are at the pool. We hope to see you again soon at the Sandy Beach!

Thanks again for staying with us,

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The staff was always friendly and welcoming. The housekeepers were excellent! Perfect location; right in the middle of everything. Shops and fun activities all within walking distance! Beauitful beach! Can't wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Agood87

Agood87,

We are pleased you had a awesome time while staying at Sandy Beach Resort! We do have a perfect location right beside the Family Kingdom and right on the Beach! We hope you make it back soon....

Thanks for staying,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was my first time staying at Sandy Beach resort and the check in desk is loocated on the 2nd floor of the resort. The hotel lobby on the 2nd floor is real modern and was very clean. The 1bedroom suite was nice but it could use a few upgrades and some painting or new wallpaper. Overall is was a great stay and a little pricey for the memorial holiday stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chris L
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Sandy Beach Resort from April 30 thru May 11. Let me begin by saying WOW what a wonderful experience. We stayed in a 3 bedroom deluxe condo unit and it was exactly as described in the hotel photos. Clean (most important at the top of my list!) and spacious, excellent front desk staff and a wonderful manager, with great housekeeping skills I might add. lol. One small issue when we checked in with a sticky kitchen floor, not only did him and 2 other gentlemen clean it they cleaned the whole condo again as if it wasn't done the first time, and it had been.

Living room and master bedroom had a large shared balcony, master bath was huge with jacquzzi tub, comfortable king size mattress and to die for linen and comforters. Sec bedroom had it's own balcony with queen bed and bath, third bedroom had 2 double beds with private bath, it had a tub jacquzzi also. Full size kitchen with full size appliances, fridge with icemaker. Also had a washer and dryer.

My daughter, grandson, her boyfriend and his two kids stayed with us also. There was plenty of room with lots to spare.

The pools were great, and always clean. Excellent hot tubs and lazy river with a great kiddie pool area. All this just steps away from the beach and I do mean just steps!

A quick shout out to those Ohioans that work there (from a current resident of Ohio), you know who you are

Thank you Sandy Beach for a wonderful worry free stay, we will be back this September and I'm sure many more times to come!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family