“Best resort to stay and enjoy vacation,” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sandy Beach Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ranked #25 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Best resort to stay and enjoy vacation,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

For the past few year I been staying with you guys, and I always leave very happy the only thing that bug me is that it took them almost a hour to put tawels in the pool are but over all it was great,

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
billfishmi, Public Relations Manager at Sandy Beach Resort, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
rogerdiaz1974,

We are glad that you continue to return year after year to Sandy Beach Resort! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and will correct the issue with the towels.

Thanks for your continued patronage!

Sandy Beach Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Hamptonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

without doubt the best trip I have had to myrtle beach in years - we actually started staying in a different location - surfside and pay more for a house that wasn't even ocean front - just to avoid hotels that cared more about revenue than customer service - Wow were we surprised by the front desk- the security- the maid service - top notch - and Ken greene- who we were lucky enough to have personally met made it all even better- what a staff- the room was incredible- beautiful décor- goosedown duvets what a view- enough pools and child's area pools - we actually never needed to leave the area and just step right on to the beach - literally 30 feet away- - without doubt - the best of myrtle beach- cannot wait to come back

Room Tip: higher floors have less noise - unless you have kids as I did - then they will love overlooking the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Location
2 Thank rhonda g
rhonda g,

We could not be happier that this was the BEST trip you have had in Myrtle Beach in years!!!

We are pleased that you found our resort and that you enjoyed our customer service from the housekeeping to the front desk. We do have a great location right on the beachfront where it takes literally seconds to put your feet on the beach!

Hope you had a safe trip home and we are glad you enjoyed your stay! See you again soon...

Thanks,
New Brunswick, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I just booked a reservation with Sandy beach, and so far, my encounter has not been good. I had to call back 3x's to get my e-mail reservation sent to me. The first two times, i spoke with a young lady, and 3rd time i spoke with a man. The man finally was able to send the email to the correct address. A few days later, my boyfriend and I decided to upgrade our room, so we went online to do so. Apparently the website had crashed, so I had to again, call the hotel. After explaining my situation, a guy told me that I could not update anything online. I told him the type of room that I wanted (King Jacuzzi) and he informed me that it had been changed..How was it changed, you ask?? ONLINE...Sandy Beach, I am going to stick with you because of the location, price, and other reviews I have read. But, I must warn you, I am a stickler for customer service. I hope everything goes well upon my arrival. I'll update when I return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We have been to Myrtle Beach many times but what caught my eye about Sandy Beach was it was voted best resort for couples. Not! The location was nice and the room was very nice. There were many large family groups and lots of kids. Noise traveled between units and from the hallway that came right into our room. 3am family arguements in the hallway to doors that banged over and over starting at 5am. Chair saving at the pool not enforced so chairs were hard to find. Beach is narrow at this end so it was very crowded. I don't see this at all as a best resort for couples. While I will always come back to Myrtle Beach I would not come to Sandy Beach again there are so many other places to try.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Peg N
billfishmi, Public Relations Manager at Sandy Beach Resort, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Peg N,

Thank you for visiting Sandy Beach Resort. We are a "family friendly resort" located in the heart of Myrtle Beach. We have families, couples, group, and about every else that loves staying at the Sandy Beach Resort. You are correct Sandy Beach Resort does have a great location and great rooms. During the summer time we primarily have familes and other couples that love being right in the middle of things due to our location.

For a quiter stay (and cheaper) come in September while the weather is warm, crowds are small and rates are cheaper!

Thanks
Athens, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We found Sandy Beach back before they built the new Palmetto building and loved the location. Once they added the new wing we were definitely hooked. The property is clean and well maintained and all the staff including the front desk, security, housekeeping and the pool attendant are pleasant and courteous. We always have 6 or more in our group so we get the 3 bedroom/3 bath oceanfront condo. Those rooms are all on the north corner of the building and each bedroom has a balcony with a beach view though 2 of the bedrooms have very small balconies. The room is spacious, clean and well appointed with a combination of tiled flooring and carpet along with modern and nice appliances. The washer/dryer is a stacked condo/apartment size unit so it doesn't hold a large load of clothes. The elevators can be busy at times especially during peak hours like lunch, dinner and check-in/check-out times. We find it a bit entertaining and it's certainly not a big deal unless you let it eat at you. Parking is ample but if you come in after 9:00pm you will have to park in the back of the lot or across 3rd Ave S at the overflow lot which always has spaces. I've never understood all the griping about parking here as I work for a large company and have to walk way farther every day in to work from the parking lot than you would ever have to at Sandy Beach. The pool areas and grounds are clean and well maintained with 2 outdoor pools, an outdoor kiddie water play area, 2 outdoor spas, 1 indoor pool, 1 indoor spa and an indoor lazy river. Family Kingdom Water Park is next door and Family Kingdom Amusement Park is 1/2 block south. There is a convenience store and a beach shop across the street. There are several pizza/bar type places on the same block and McAdoo's Beach Bar is at the south end of the property. A Friendly's Restaurant is just south of the amusement park. The 2nd Ave Pier is just 2 blocks north and has decent seafood and you'll have the perfect view of their Wednesday night fireworks from your balcony. The southern end of the new boardwalk starts just south of the 2nd Ave Pier too. Access to the resort and parking are simplified by using either 3rd Ave S or 2nd Ave S allowing you to avoid a lot of the traffic on Ocean Blvd and Kings Hwy by accessing back roads. Sandy Beach is not a 5 star resort but it is a very nice resort especially for the money and has been highly rated on TripAdvisor and was awarded "Best of the beach for couples" and "Best of the beach for families" for 2013 by the Sun Times Visitors Voice poll.

Room Tip: The Palmetto building is newer and is condo units.
      Rooms
3 Thank coastermeister
Coastermeister,

We cannot begin to Thank You for your continued patronage and your continued trips to the Sandy Beach Resort. We cannot agree more with all the great things that you pointed out! We have a great property and staff! Our 3 Bedroom Unit is great for big groups and they go fast due to the limited availibility.

Parking has continued to problematic in all of Myrtle Beach. We allow our guests 1 pass for One Bedrooms, 2 for Two Bedrooms and 3 for Three Bedrooms. However, we do have a parking lot located close by that you can pay daily to park there.

We could not agree more on all of your rec's for food and surrounding shops. We appreciate your continued patronage and hope to see you again soon!

Thanks
Ridgeway, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

A very nice hotel that I plan on using again. I have stayed at numerous hotels in Myrtle Beach and found very few that would go back to. We stayed there the weekend after the 4th of July. We were met by security as soon as we pulled into the hotel, who helped us to find a temporary parking spot while we checked in. The officer had a luggage cart waiting for us once we checked in and even informed us about the fireworks planned for that evening. Our room was an ocean front deluxe suite in the Palmetto section of the hotel. It was very spacious and clean. Like most hotels we did have to request additional towels and an extra blanket for the murphy bed. But that request was satisfied very promptly. The hotel is located in a very busy section of Myrtle Beach but you could not tell that from inside the room. It was nice and quite. On the beach and at the pools was not as crowded as I've experienced at other hotels this size. The pools were nice and the hotel had good beach access. An unexpected plus to the hotel was watching the fireworks on our balcony from the 2nd Street pier out over the ocean. The hotel is also within walking distance of Family Kingdom amusement park which was nice to take the kids to at night. The one thing that would put this hotel over the top is if it had a parking deck. There is parking across the street for the hotel that I saw being patrolled by security. However I think a secure parking deck that required a room key to enter would help to control people who are not guest from parking there. But overall we really enjoyed our stay there.

2 Thank Robert F
Robert F,

Thank You for staying with us and leaving us a review. We are pleased to hear that this is one of the few hotels that you would come back and visit! We do have security at the hotel not only to keep everyone safe but also to help make sure our guests unload and load easily. Also, on Wed. nights every week there is a FIREWORK show on the 2nd Ave. Pier which is very close to the resort.

We are glad you enjoyed the pools, the rooms, and everything else that Sandy Beach has to offer! See you again,

Kirkwood, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Sandy Beach Resort has everything you'd want for a summer beach trip, including a room with a beach view balcony, full kitchen, and living space, with doors to separate the bedroom, kitchen, and living space. You can save a lot of money buying your groceries and preparing your own meals in your room. The indoor and outdoor pools area leads directly to the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for special deals on a multiple night stay
3 Thank Darrell D
Darrell D,

Sandy Beach does have everything you could use for a summer beach trip! All of our rooms have private balconies, views of the ocean and clean accomodations. Our area's lead right to the beach as the Sandy Beach Resort is located beachside.

See you again soon!