“Lost luggage. ”
Review of Sandy Beach Resort

Sandy Beach Resort
Ranked #31 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in room 408 from July 29 to August 5. I left a large makeup bag hanging in the back of the bathroom door. I have called on three different occasions and staff hasn't been helpful. Would like a manager to contact me. I will pay for shipping expenses. Please contact.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Jennifer C

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We spent our summer vacation at Sandy Beach Resort. We drove down from the Toronto area and gave ourselves 2 full days to get there but we were still anxious to get checked in once we arrived. As other people have mentioned, the area where you can pull in to unload and get into the elevators, can get crowded, however I never thought it was an issue. Certainly not worth worrying about. In fact, we were always able to get a good parking spot in the lot right across the street and had no problem carrying our bags from there. Most of the time you are going in and out from the parking lot which is very easy to get around in. The location was great for kids. We had the amusement park right across the street and could easily walk down the boardwalk to get to the ferris wheel and other "touristy" attractions if we wanted to. The hotel is right on the beach so you can go out the door anytime and have your toes in the sand. We got an oceanfront, 2 bedroom suite and it was great. We could look out over the beach and ocean and watch the tides come in and out. The room was spacious and clean. The first night, we had some noisy neighbours but the hotel can't be faulted for that. The rest of the stay was quiet considering it was the middle of summer and the hotel was very busy. We also had a great view of the fireworks that go off from the pier every Wednesday night. We were on the 12th floor in room 1212 and it was right across from the elevator which was good. The kitchen is great but how much cooking do you do on vacation? for us, not much. It was more about snacks and breakfast food and was great for that. The laundry was great too. I loved coming home with all the clothes already cleaned. My daughters loved the lazy river and the kids play area so they were definitely kept busy with that and there are lots of things to do in the area. You can't throw a golf ball without hitting at least 3 mini golf places which my girls loved. Overall this is a great place to stay which gives you a great location and great value. I am very picky about hotels and this one is a winner.

3  Thank Michelle P
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We just stayed at Sandy Beach from Aug 1 - Aug 2,2014. We had a great view from two balconies. The service was great, couldn't have asked for more. Very clean, everything was up to date throughout the resort. Loved having indoor pools and hot tubs, especially since it rained durning our stay. Convenient to shops, grocery store, and the fair. Can see why they are rated best on the beach. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank brandylhooer
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We visited the last week of July 2014 and had a wonderful experience. There were 5 of us, two adults and three children. We had a one bedroom/one bath on the new Palmetto side with a beautiful ocean view on the 5th floor. There were two queen size beds in the bedroom and a wall bed in the living room. There was a small table with 4 chairs that worked well for meal times. The couch was small, but decent and the room was clean. We had no problems with water pressure or temperature in the bathroom or kitchen. Another plus was the washer and dryer! This allowed us to wash and dry beach towels and clothes while we slept and/or were out on the beach. The kitchen was stocked with most of the utensils/glasses/dishes we needed and served our purposes well. I recommend bring paper towels as there were none available.

The unloading/loading area does get crowded at times, so I recommend arriving after the check-in time. We didn't have any problem when we checked in at 9pm, but had problems when we came back from a grocery shopping trip the next day and arrived at 4:15pm. I will definitely avoid that time if we vacation here again.

The pool was clean and there was easy access to the beach, which made the trip to and from much quicker than I envisioned.

We did not have any problems and I highly recommend this hotel. I would stay here again without question.

Room Tip: Palmetto (new side) seem better.
2  Thank micayla75
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I will start by saying first and foremost I am very very very EXTREMELY picky when it comes to where my family and I rest our heads on vacation! So I was determined to find a resort that will provide our comforts! I was pleasantly surprised after searching and reviewing endlessly. . Sandy Beach and TripAdvisor did not fail!!!! We have gone on vacation to the beach several times and could never find "the place" but OMG this is it!!!! I'm a tad late writing my review but I had to make sure If I review no other place, this one would have to be done!!

Ok...sorry for all the rant... :) Now to the review. 1) THE ROOM...I want to include what TYPE of room we had..when I read the reviews on TripAdvisor most of them did not include the "type" (suite, 2bedrm, penthouse ect.) I think it's helpful so that a very analytical person like myself, can in vision the reviewers comments especially if there are no pictures. . (Like me, I couldn't get it to wrk from my phone) We(2 adults 2 children) had the 2bedrm 2 bath suite w/ extra Sideview in the "newer" building- Palmetto. And yes regardless of what anyone says the newer building has the better, more tasteful rooms (just being honest). Upon walking in...mouth opens automatically Bc everything is gorgeous!! Long hallway, 1st room to the left w/ 2 plush queen size beds (very spacious) and further down to the right is the master w/a king bed and it's own bath-all of which is spacious as well..the bath omg! (Amazing!) Jetted jacuzzi tubes ahhhh! There was also a 2nd bath for the kids, that was extremely nice!! Everything was great quality! The kitchen was spacious. .included microwave, stove, nice counters and space as well as dishwasher and big frig. The washing machine and dryer was located by the kitchen.
2) THE VIEW.. the rooms with the "extra sideview" are on the higher levels which means you're guaranteed an AMAZING view!! Our view when opening our curtains were basically panoramic!!! Waking up to that view in the morning was absolutely breathtaking!!
3) PARKING.. now.. to the only reason I didn't give it a 5 on the rating scale. It was absolutely ridiculous. . There is a small and I mean small congested area that you try to park and unload at the same time. Meanwhile, this is in the same area that the elevators are letting off guests that are trying to get to the pool which also is in this area. Just simply... TOO CONGESTED!! Not to mention once you're finally able to hurriedly unload your luggage you have to then park across the street in an uncovered parking lot. Yes a parking lot. I would suggest if possible, arriving later in the evening.
4) STAFF.. hmmm..well in my opinion it was good. They don't really talk much? Lol! I know that sounds unecessary. .. but even though I am a chill and relaxed person at the beach doesn't mean I wouldn't like a courteous convo.. like "how's your stay going!?" and "how are you today!" Ya know, the regular? As well.. From what I was told by one of the staff when I phoned for more towels was "were somewhat of a self serve resort" and that they don't offer drinking glasses!!? Like regular everyday cups!! I had to go down and get the towels from the front desk and had to buy papercups to sum it up.

*The last two things I will say does not write off this resort by any means!! I just want to give the most honest review I can. I know everywhere has its flaws and to our family the pros out weighed the cons here. The CLEANLINESS, spaciousness,pools, lazyriver comforts of home feeling the room gave, as well, the location was near every attraction! There was a waterpark literally next door!!
If you're looking for the most bang for your buck at an excellent rate, clean rooms, amazing views, and a relaxing stay for you and your family. . this is IT!!!!
Would love it if their was a nice bar or lounge area!! And I sware I am not anyone working for any company..this is a legit review from a very opinionated guest! ;)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank AlexisTJMoM
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We visited the week of July 20,2014. There was 4 of us. We had a studio. 2 queen size beds in main room , with a door that closed it off from the kitchen, bathroom and living room. We stayed on the 8th floor. We did have a nice view from the balcony.

In the living room we had a small table with 4 chairs. There is a full size bed that pulls out of the wall. There was also room for a blow up mattress.Couch was very old. I couldn't tell if it was stained/dirty or just old.

Bathroom was ok.. Water pressure was poor. Steep step into the tub/shower. I am only 5ft so it was steep for me. Floors were not very clean and mirror was not cleaned either, after my shower the name Charly appeared on the steamy glass.

Kitchen was stocked with equipment needed for the week. Plenty of stores around to pick up essentials for the week.
(Need to get paper towels , those are not provided)

Laundry is available on the 4th floor.
Elevators were always wet from people coming up from beach/pool without drying off. Which is slippery when wearing flip flops.
We did see fireworks almost every night from one of the piers. They were very good.
Overall not bad. I would probably stay again.

1  Thank karibear97
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My family was on holiday July 13-20 2014 and we had a terrific time in Myrtle Beach while staying at Sandy Beach resort. I had booked 2 other resorts prior to Sandy Beach and cancelled them after deciding on SB. I don't want to put down any other resort (until I have stayed in them) but the deciding factors for us were the queen beds (rather than doubles at the other resorts). We could get queen beds at the other resorts but the price went up when we requested double beds at these hotels.

The resort was busy but we still enjoyed ourselves in the pools/hot tubs and the exercise room that was available for use. The room (1BR Deluxe Suite) was everything we expected for the 4 of us and the view from the Ocean Front balcony 11th floor was a tremendous way to spend each morning with our coffee and also very nice enjoying our favourite beverage before going to bed each evening.

There were fireworks on the Wednesday from the pier right near the hotel and they were amazing as we had a spectacular view from our balcony. There is so much to do with shopping so close and an amusement park just across the road. The staffs were so kind and helped whenever we had any inquiries. We were at the hotel much earlier than check-in and were told that we couldn't get in the room until the 4:00 check in time so they offered to take our bags until this time so we could start enjoying the hotel amenities. When we brought our bags up from the car the girl at front desk (wish I could remember her name as she was so nice) told us that there was a room available and that we could go right up. This was a real nice surprise for us as we were able to get our room setup and then really start our vacation.

The only minor annoyance would be that the elevators were a little slow but this was to be expected as the hotel was full. We waited only a few times but there this was not a huge concern for us. I also would have liked to see more oceanfront restaurants/balconies closer to the hotel as there were a couple of places(the pier and ali baba's(or something like this) that we could see the ocean but nothing more than this close to the hotel. We did go to Sea Captain's house for lunch and this was nice with a view of the ocean but again it wasn't an on the ocean outdoor patio like I had hoped.

I would recommend this hotel to any and every one as our stay was a really nice one. Hope this helps to help others as I also read through Trip Advisor for reviews and finally decided on Sandy Beach Resort. Glad we did!!! :)

Joe Killoran

3  Thank Joe K
billfishmi, Public Relations Manager at Sandy Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Joe K,

After booking two other resorts we are glad you chose Sandy Beach and LOVED IT!

We are glad that you enjoyed your 1 BR Deluxe room with its 2 Queen bed's and private Oceanfront Balcony. There is nothing better than sitting on a oceanfront balcony and waking up in the morning.

Yes, a little known secret except by those that are repeat guests is that every Wednesday there is a AWESOME FIREWORK show right in front of the resort. Our balconies provide a great spot to see these shot each week.

Although check-time is not until 4 PM we do have a great staff that will do its best to get you in as soon as possible and if not, help store your bags. Our elevators do get a little busy at peak hours with people getting on and off the beach. Our location is hard to beat with the Family Kingdom across the street, the water slide right beside us, and countless other options minutes away!

We appreciate you taking the time to help other travelers make their decision on where to stay in Myrtle Beach! We hope to see you again soon!

Thanks