“Life saver”
Review of Sandy Beach Resort

Sandy Beach Resort
Ranked #29 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel was a life saver. Was booked at another hotel that had roaches and all sorts of other issues. Was desperate to leave that hotel, but it was peak season & all hotels were booked. Walked into to this beautiful hotel & told them my problem. Staff was very friendly & helpful. Let me look at a room that wasn't ready yet to see if i liked it. I did and was able to check into another room. They even gave us an upgraded room @ the same price & let us check in early. Room was beautiful, spacious & CLEAN! Thanks so much to this hotel. They saved our vacation!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Kimjcantrell

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Nice place staff very friendly. I did notice that the room had gone down a little since last time but still nice place. The super nice staff makes up for a little disrepair. The master bath had a door stop drove through door and the outside rail on rh balcony in are room sometimes during heavy wind sounded like a train. But still a great trip.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JamesC668
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I just booked a reservation for this hotel for 4 nights. I booked it through the Resorts Office with Brittany T. She was very helpful and I told her what I was looking for and she was able to help with a angle ocean view room which I had hoped to get a ocean front king in the new Palmetto building. Maybe there will be an opening tomorrow when we check in. The reviews on this Resort are very good with a few areas which people were dissatisfied with. So we will see what tomorrow holds. We always stay at the Avista Resort which even though we have stayed there 10 times were not able to help us; so we are looking for a new adventure. We will see

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Enjoyyourlifetothefullest
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Based on the positive reviewes, I was excited about our upcoming stay at this hotel. Check in was a breeze but disappointment set in upon checking into the room. The carpeting was so soiled and stained I could not take my shoes off and walk barefoot. On the otherhand, the location of the hotel was excellent. It was right across the street from Family Kingdom amusement park. It made for a lively atmosphere in the evenings. The indoor and outdoor pools were clean and plentiful. Towels on empty chairs was an issue which went unchecked. Security was also a factor at this hotel, the main doors are not locked after hours, anyone off the street could access the hotel and come right up to your hotel room door.

Room Tip: Request a modern updated room, higher floors have better views of the ocean.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Poolou
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I was disappointed this year because the rooms and hotel overall was not as clean as previous years. The room was dirty at check-in and the furniture just didn't seem or feel clean. It's not often that I won't walk around barefoot in a hotel but I wouldn't this time. The pool areas were littered with cigarette butts as was the area near the elevators at the driveway. The hallways on the 6th floor were always filthy. Every time I stepped onto the balcony, I smelled cigarette smoke. People openly smoked at the pool as well. Maybe it's time to increase the penalty for smoking on the property from $250 to $500. I think some smokers just consider the penalty as an additional vacation "tax" and it's worth it to them so they can smoke while vacationing. This is the 4th time I've stayed and I'm not sure I'll return.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Levy799
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in room 408 from July 29 to August 5. I left a large makeup bag hanging in the back of the bathroom door. I have called on three different occasions and staff hasn't been helpful. Would like a manager to contact me. I will pay for shipping expenses. Please contact.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We spent our summer vacation at Sandy Beach Resort. We drove down from the Toronto area and gave ourselves 2 full days to get there but we were still anxious to get checked in once we arrived. As other people have mentioned, the area where you can pull in to unload and get into the elevators, can get crowded, however I never thought it was an issue. Certainly not worth worrying about. In fact, we were always able to get a good parking spot in the lot right across the street and had no problem carrying our bags from there. Most of the time you are going in and out from the parking lot which is very easy to get around in. The location was great for kids. We had the amusement park right across the street and could easily walk down the boardwalk to get to the ferris wheel and other "touristy" attractions if we wanted to. The hotel is right on the beach so you can go out the door anytime and have your toes in the sand. We got an oceanfront, 2 bedroom suite and it was great. We could look out over the beach and ocean and watch the tides come in and out. The room was spacious and clean. The first night, we had some noisy neighbours but the hotel can't be faulted for that. The rest of the stay was quiet considering it was the middle of summer and the hotel was very busy. We also had a great view of the fireworks that go off from the pier every Wednesday night. We were on the 12th floor in room 1212 and it was right across from the elevator which was good. The kitchen is great but how much cooking do you do on vacation? for us, not much. It was more about snacks and breakfast food and was great for that. The laundry was great too. I loved coming home with all the clothes already cleaned. My daughters loved the lazy river and the kids play area so they were definitely kept busy with that and there are lots of things to do in the area. You can't throw a golf ball without hitting at least 3 mini golf places which my girls loved. Overall this is a great place to stay which gives you a great location and great value. I am very picky about hotels and this one is a winner.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family