Just got back from a week stay at the Sandy Beach Resort. I was looking for an ocean front room that was affordable and I found it! We stayed in the jacuzzi queen suite on the "older" side. A few of the reviews concerned me - but we had no problems. The resort is conveniently located right next to the Family Kingdom Amusement park, Ocean Water Sports (we went para-sailing and rode the banana boat), and is less than a mile to the boardwalk (we went down one night and went to the arcade - the kids (15 and 18) loved it) and you can see fireworks on Tuesday night that go off the pier. There are restaurants with-in walking distance and there is a small grocery store right across the rode (they had everything we needed for breakfast and lunch) and a souvenir store too (we bought chairs there). Parking is free right across the street. There are a few pools and hot tubs (they are typically crowded, but clean) and a small lazy river - very small - usually had young kids floating in it. I have read complaints about the elevators - well, we stayed on the "older" side and there is another set of elevators over there that I think many people are not aware of - we never had any problems with the elevators (we were on the 4th floor). My only "complaint" about the room is that you walk right into the bedroom (I think in the newer side there is an entrance way) - but this way the balcony is off the living area. The kitchen was complete with everything we needed and the living area was sufficient in size. The bathroom was a bit small (little counter top space) for a family of four but we managed. The cable was a bit spotty and sometimes the wifi was slow - but most of the time we were able to get the service we needed. The staff were all friendly from check-in, to maid service, to pool attendants. The pool area is well kept (clean, towels, ample chairs, hoses to rinse off, etc), the beach was very nice and well kept too (there is limited space where you can put your own umbrella because they can not go in front of the ones the lifeguards rent). Our room was not luxurious by any means (even a bit "worn" in some places), but it didn't smell (a big pet peeve of mine!) it had all the amenities we wanted, it was conveniently located and we were ocean front for a very reasonable price!! We would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A New Modern Oceanfront Resort with one, two, and three bedroom units. Sandy Beach Resort now boasts a Children's Interactive Pool Area, Fitness Room, Meeting Room, and a comfortable Oceanfront Lobby. Come Stay at one of Myrtle Beach's newest and nicest Oceanfront Resorts! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandy Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandy Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sandy Beach Resort Myrtle Beach
- Sandy Beach Myrtle