“Pleasant Cancellation Experiance”
Review of Sandy Beach Resort

Sandy Beach Resort
Ranked #29 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 3 September 2014

My family and I were looking forward to our week at Sandy Beach Resort in September. Unfortunately, due to the loss of a job, my husband and I decided it would be best to cancel the trip and conserve our funds. I called Sandy Beach Resort and explained our situation. We were within the 14 day cancellation policy and I was expecting to lose our deposit. The representative that I spoke with was very kind and offered to refund our deposit and only charge us the $25.00 cancellation fee. We will definitely stay at Sandy Beach Resort on our next Myrtle Beach vacation!

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Elizabeth D

Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

The staff was very friendly, the room was comfortable and clean and had very easy access to the beach. The shower had plenty of pressure and drained well, and the view of the beach was perfect. You do have to park across the road but my wife and I didn't mind that at all. No bedbugs, roaches or other vermin were spotted. I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone looking. And this may not always hold true but check in time was 4pm, but since our room wasn't occupied the previous night we were able to check in upon arrival at 9am.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Steve R
Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

The hotel was nice. It was clean and spacious. I had to change to the newer side of the hotel at the last minute because I didn't know there was a difference when booking. The location is great. The entire property is no smoking. This includes the balcony and around the pools.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We spent (1) week at this Hotel, and every morning some of the guests would be in line when the pool opened at 8:00 a.m..Problem being was they would have approximently 12 or more towels and reserve all the good lounge chairs before anyone could RUN as fast as they could.
The hotel management had a sign stating that guest weren't suppose to do that practice, but there was never any staff to prevent it from happening. This hotel was nice, but due to their lack of supervision we never were able to get around the beter pool areas.
I would never recommend this hotel for families or anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2014

It started with the day of contacting for reservations. The person I talked to (Debbie) helped out from my first call with questions I had. We arrived Aug 24 and the lobby was easy to find and quick service. We had a 1 bdrm deluxe unit on the new side. We ended up with the top floor and I must say I loved it. My wife and 10 year old daughter were surprised at how big the unit was. It had everything we could need including the views since we had an oceanfront unit. During our stay the cleaning staff came daily. The free Wi Fi worked great for a resort. I did read about issues with the elevators being slow but we did not find this. Maybe as the week we stayed was not as busy. But either way no issues. The pools were clean every day and were a nice finish to our days including the hot tubs. All of the resort was clean. Our room had comfortable beds. There are things within walking distance and more within driving distance. I would definitely recommend this location to anyone and we are looking to plan a similar trip for a full week next year instead of just 5 days.

Room Tip: higher room for the view, but remember it may take slightly longer to get to your room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank PSIfactor75
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Once again we stayed at the best hotel on the beach!! That's just my opinion of course but I really love it! We stayed in a townhouse on this trip. It was a good fit for us. My son took the upstairs room so he felt like he had his own space which worked out really well. He said the jacuzzi tub was awesome. I love that you can just walk out on the balcony & see the beautiful sunrise over the ocean. There is no better way to start your day than an amazing ocean view!! As always, the beds were comfortable & the room was clean. I just can't say enough good things about this hotel! We always enjoy our stay & I'm sure others will too. We will definitely stay here next time!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RLamb4
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Great hotel. Very friendly staff and very clean rooms. Very nice and well equiped room. Excellent price for what a huge room we got. Loved having a washer/dryer in the room. Spacious and comfortable. Huge balcony. The ONLY things that would make it better would be the hotel offering breakfast and a little faster internet. That's it. Still love it anyway. Will definitely be staying there again next year.

• Stayed: August 2014