“Yolanda D”

Ranked #173 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Augusta, Georgia
“Yolanda D”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My family and I arrive about 3pm the room was not ready had to come back at 4pm. The room was very outdated was not clean enough. I knew it was bad when my kids started complaining. You can only park on one side and across the street. The only good thing about this hotel is the it is on the beach. Its was only for two nights but i would never book this motel again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Corapolis
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The room wasn't ready when we arrived. Overall the value for the size room was a good deal.But the room smelled of smoke and other bad odor. A fight broke out with a mob of about 20 people and it took the hotel staff about 30 minutes to call the police. Parking for the hotel is only on one side of the lot...so most of how guests have to park across the street. No microwave but they have a stove...there was a toaster, but it was also broken.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Dana S

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Hubert, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

April 5th-7th. Honestly I was surprised friendly check in and she even told us it was booked solid on Saturday. Shocked that half of the parking lot is shared you can only park facing the hotel or across the street at the Virginian. It was loud outside at first but quieted down. The elevator was nasty. Fresh room It was clean. One bed was worn down a bit. A few cigarette burns. Tv was ok, had to adjust the color. One website showed all came with microwave, mine didnt. There was a fridge and coffee maker with two cups (that were placed on top of the fridge with all the loose paint from the fridge being wet and the chips stuck to the cup) The pool was clean. It was ok. I was disappointed on my last full day no one from room service came to check our towels (could explain the other reviewers towel issue) now on Sunday the vending machines glass was smashed. I don't know what happened. I think the ice machine was a pay machine??? It didn't look good. Generally I wasn't expecting much and based in other reviews I took my own sheets. I did glance in other rooms and they were ok looked clean. I do have concerns about staying there during the busy season. But I could stay there again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Robert C
Stoneville, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The Viking is a nasty horrible hotel. We stayed here for a weekend getaway. we got a 2 room suite on the top floor. There were 4 adults and 2 children. The a/c in the bedroom did not work right. There is no curtain over the window. The beds are uncomfortable. There was a small kitchenette that was outdated and dirty. The linoleum flooring in the kitchenette and bathroom was filthy and torn. The bathroom was just as nasty. The towels looked like someone took the towels out and detailed their car with them. The carpets were nasty and smelled disgusting. The door did not want to open or close. The door did not want to stay latched after you were inside or lock as you left. The exterior is in disrepair and needs a bunch of paint and other repairs. The pool and the concrete around it was cracked and needed a lot of cleaning. The grass was dead and was all dirt. There was trash all over the outside of the property.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank parkwoodtech
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We have spent the last two summers at the Viking and we appreciate all that they do for their customers! Not once have I had a negative experience from any of the staff, they appear to enjoy their jobs which is a definitely a plus! Our rooms have always been neat and tidy (slightly outdated but who goes to the beach to spend their entire stay in their room), the two room, three bed suites easily accommodate us and our children and they love it there.....the full kitchen allows us to save money on eating out! The awesome access to the beach lets us take late night strolls and last year we even got to watch a sting ray in the surf! We have already made our reservations for the second week in June for this summer and are counting the days!

Room Tip: If you want to use your money for extras while on vacation this is the motel for you! Try to get a r...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank jerislone
Carrollton, Texas
Reviewed 7 April 2014

we booked rooms at the Viking ocean front motel and it was a nightmare from start to finish.we had no cable service for a couple days. we had wet towels still laying on the floor. the showers were ice cold. took around thirty minutes to get warm then whenever it did it would go from extreme hot to extreme cold. the front service desk worker was rude when we brought the issues to her attention. the people in the other rooms were shady and while on the beach I had my purse and cell phones stolen. my cards were used and now I have to get all my social security card and drivers license and other bank cards replaced. horrible experience there. I would tell everyone to stay as far away from this place as possible!!!!!!

Room Tip: go to a nice expensive hotel! that way you get great service and don't have to worry about your...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank christy o
Georgia
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I was a little apprehensive about staying at this motel after reading some of the previous reviews, but foor $29 a night for a 2 room oceanfront suite, I couldn't resist giving it a try. I was not disappointed at all. Upon arrival we found that the a/c had been turned on for us. The room was very clean and the linens were fresh and clean as well. The staff was very friendly and helpful. And the view !! Wow !! We'll definitely be staying at the Viking in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple