“Somehow below average”

Ranked #171 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Somehow below average”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We just stayed for one night and I am glad it was not longer. The pool is nice and the location is awesome. The room was old and worn down. The appliances in the kitchen where old and nasty. I would not have used that coffee maker, but the refrigerator was ok. The ac unit was not cleaned in ages with a thick layer of dust. The entire hotel showed a lot of neglect. The personal was awful. One guest came in when I checked in, and complaint of money stolen from her room. Not only did the manager avoided this guest and drove off, it was more shocking to see the girls not having any reaction at all. Is this common? I will not ever stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Travelmuch701

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Mill Hall, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Ya get what ya pay for. We were only staying one night in myrtle beach so this one would do. The beds were comfy and clean. Pillows were soft and comfy too. Checked for sand and bedbugs and there was none. Carpet was clean. Towels were small and rough but there were enough of them for three of us. The pool looked okay but we did not use it. We also did not use the tv. It was right on the beach but we had a side view. The front desk girl was a fast talker with a deep southern accent and seemed annoyed when I asked her several times to repeat herself. The parking is across a very busy street. Price was good.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Julie M
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed from June 4th to June 10th and our stay was fine..we were on the 5th floor in room 521. The staff were great, friendly and helpful. Our only complaint was the room was filthy..the floor looked like it had never been vacuumed and the Windows were so dirty I had to clean them..and the sheets were dirty.. our 1st night there our air went out we called down and maintenance was up in 30 minutes and replaced it with one that worked. The pool was great and crowded. They need better housekeepers and security at night. Oh and parking was a nightmare. They have about 20 spots for 75 rooms so if your not lucky enough to get a spot you have to park across the road.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Tonya E
Richfield, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 May 2014

You get what you pay for at this motel. I should have listened to the other reviews before booking this room! The location is okay, but the room was in need of some major work. The worst thing for me was the smell which was a mixture of wet carpet, cigarettes, and pet odor. We had to go buy air freshener just to be able to tolerate the smell. The pool was nice and the room layout was good. The room did not have a microwave. There is limited parking and it was noisy at night. I did notice that a construction crew was removing carpet from some of the rooms before we left so maybe they are trying to fix the problems.

Room Tip: Call before booking to see if they have updated the rooms
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Amy s

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My family and I arrive about 3pm the room was not ready had to come back at 4pm. The room was very outdated was not clean enough. I knew it was bad when my kids started complaining. You can only park on one side and across the street. The only good thing about this hotel is the it is on the beach. Its was only for two nights but i would never book this motel again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Corapolis
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The room wasn't ready when we arrived. Overall the value for the size room was a good deal.But the room smelled of smoke and other bad odor. A fight broke out with a mob of about 20 people and it took the hotel staff about 30 minutes to call the police. Parking for the hotel is only on one side of the lot...so most of how guests have to park across the street. No microwave but they have a stove...there was a toaster, but it was also broken.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Dana S
Hubert, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

April 5th-7th. Honestly I was surprised friendly check in and she even told us it was booked solid on Saturday. Shocked that half of the parking lot is shared you can only park facing the hotel or across the street at the Virginian. It was loud outside at first but quieted down. The elevator was nasty. Fresh room It was clean. One bed was worn down a bit. A few cigarette burns. Tv was ok, had to adjust the color. One website showed all came with microwave, mine didnt. There was a fridge and coffee maker with two cups (that were placed on top of the fridge with all the loose paint from the fridge being wet and the chips stuck to the cup) The pool was clean. It was ok. I was disappointed on my last full day no one from room service came to check our towels (could explain the other reviewers towel issue) now on Sunday the vending machines glass was smashed. I don't know what happened. I think the ice machine was a pay machine??? It didn't look good. Generally I wasn't expecting much and based in other reviews I took my own sheets. I did glance in other rooms and they were ok looked clean. I do have concerns about staying there during the busy season. But I could stay there again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends