“Loved it!”
Review of Waikiki Village

We can't find prices for this hotel
Waikiki Village
Ranked #41 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Our family visited Myrtle Beach last week (July 2nd-5th) and we were so thankful to find Waikiki Village. The staff was friendly, room was affordable and clean, and the location was great. We definitely will be staying here again. Thank you so much! :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Many thanks for writing this review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed being here. We certainly hope that we will be part of your vacation memories in the future.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

My most recent Waikiki Village visit was June 23- July 7, 2013. The rates are always the most reasonable on the beach allowing for added days, and extra spending money, to anyone's vacation plans! Significant upgrades were noted to the motel's Wi-Fi and strong signals were available from any location on the property. Parking is plentiful and within close proximity to most any room (I parked within 5 feet of my door!). Staff members Harry and Larry always welcome guests with a kind word and a smile while the owner, maintenance and housekeeping staff are clearly visible and available throughout the day. Everyone goes to great lengths to ensure an incredible guest experience. This is indeed the family destination of choice. My motto? I would rather pay to stay at Waikiki Village than go elsewhere for free!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Thanks for your kind words about your stay with us this July. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed using the updated WIFI and you find our staff to be kind and helpful. We do appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you at Waikiki again.

Nancy

Reviewed 4 July 2013

When I arrived to Myrtle Beach and checked in and received the keys to the room, I was very surprised when opened the door at the cleanliness of the room. The housekeeping was excellent cleaned the room everyday of our stay. very friendly staff, excellent amenities.

I would recommend this hotel and would only stay at this hotel every time I visit Myrtle Beach.

Mike Hallak
Sterlijng Heights, Michigan

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2013

Dear Hallak Family,
We are truly happy that you enjoyed your stay at Waikiki Village. We pride ourselves in offering our guest the best possible lodging experience in a small dated property. Every guest is important to us and we appreciate your kind words. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Nancy and the Waikiki Staff

Reviewed 3 July 2013

We have been staying here every summer since 1993 (only missing one year). Nancy and her staff have always made us feel so welcome. This is definitely a family oriented place to stay. Her staff is trustworthy, and honestly, I enjoy coming back every summer and seeing our favorite staff.... from the office staff, to the maids, and to the maintenance men. If you're looking for a hotel with water slides, restaurants, and gift shops, this is not where you want to stay. If you want a safe, clean, family oriented establishment, Waikiki Village is an excellent choice. Nancy Hall treats us as if we are a part of her family and we regard her as part of ours as well. We have been blessed to develop great friendships with other families from Kentucky and North Carolina (Massey and Redmon families) who were guests at the same time. We now plan our vacations together.

I honestly can say we love Waikiki Village. It is a place we come to relax. Our sons are now 23 and 24 years old and enjoy staying here as well. We all appreciate the personal relationships that we have developed over the years with Nancy and her Waikiki Village crew. When our boys were little, we enjoyed the first floor rooms. Now we enjoy the second floor and our view from room 232. It definitely has the best view!

If you are looking for a hidden gem, this is it! It is an older motel, hidden among many high rise hotels. If you travel down the strip and compare smaller motels like this one, you will come to the conclusion that Waikiki Village shines above the others. It is a clean establishment with shuffleboard, corn hole, back patio grilling, and a very nice pool, baby pool and hot tub. We appreciate the updates Nancy makes to the rooms each year (this year our shower was updated in our room and we had a flat screen tv).

We stayed 9 nights this year, from June 14th to the 23rd. We hope to stay 10 nights next year! There are weekly rates available all the time and we consider it quite a bargain to stay here.

Thank you Nancy (and my good friend Harry) for all of the wonderful memories you have given us. It's nice to come back every summer and feel the personal connection.

Wycinski Family.....Jeff (Art), Patty, Nate and Brett

Room Tip: Prefer the 2nd floor, main building, facing the ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2013

To the Wycinski Family: Thank you for posting the positive review. It is wonderful to hear that your experiences with us have been so memorable. We do strive to provide all guests with a positive vacation experience. Your kind words will be shared with our staff. We are so happy to be part of your family's vacation memories. See you next year !!!

Many Thanks,

Reviewed 27 June 2013

My Girlfriend and I stayed in Myrtle beach and found the greatest little motel..A rel gem hidden amongest the the big resorts. The staff was very friendly and helpful. A short walk to the beach great pool. this is a older well kept motel.We had the best vacation and plan to have many more here at our new home at the beach

Room Tip: Second floor facing blvd overlooking the pool with a view of the beach
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank charles w
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Thank you so much for selecting Waikiki Village for your vacation in Myrtle Beach. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We hope to see you here again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to Myrtle Beach just a few weeks ago to celebrate our first anniversary. It was my first time there and I can honestly say I don't want to go back. The staff were friendly and the place looked clean although our tv was ancient but I understand everything is being replaced slowly. Our biggest problem was the air conditioner in our room wasn't working and the heat was horrible!!!! I tried to tell the elderly gentleman about it but while I was waiting for him to finish with another customer he gave me the vibe I definitely not welcome to talk, apparently my husband felt the same way since he made me let it go. It got so hot we had to leave a day early cause we couldn't take it. Overall this is a decent place to stay as long as you have cool air. The staff is nice though for the most part and its easy to get to the beach

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Zata_Kugi
localmyrtlebeach, General Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

I am very sorry to hear that you had problems with your air conditioner. There is certainly no excuse for having a mal-functioning ac because we have several spare air conditioners to replace ones with problems. After checking the maintenance journal, I do not find any record of you telling the front desk about this problem. There must have been a communication problem. I do apologize and please note that your bill has been adjusted. Customer service is always our top priority.

Many Thanks,

Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

Booked another night!! I love Waikiki Village so much that i didnt want to leave. The owners and all the staff are so friendly. But unfortunately I have to go home to work to pay for my next visit. Thank you Nancy and staff to keeping everything perfect even during biker week. I'll see you all again in 96 days!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
localmyrtlebeach, General Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Dear Mr. Hill,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at Waikiki Village. I am very glad to hear that you find our staff to be friendly and helpful. I hope that you have a great summer and I look forward to seeing you here again in Sept. Many Thanks !!