“Nice and Clean”
Review of Waikiki Village

We can't find prices for this hotel
Waikiki Village
Ranked #43 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Nice and Clean”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed for a week in June. Outside the hotel is quite outdated but the room is very nice and clean. Our room has a flat screen TV. Beach is only 5 minutes from the hotel. We enjoyed staying at Waikiki. We will definitely stay there again next year.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Siriratt R
localmyrtlebeach, General Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Thank you so much for selecting Waikiki Village for your June vacation. We are a small, simple and dated property but we offer clean and comfortable room selections with a fair price tag. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed being only 300 feet from the ocean and the new televisions that are in many of our rooms. Please come to see us soon !!!!

Nancy Hall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
North Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 12 July 2013

When my wife and I first found Waikiki Village, we spent a great deal of time reading reviews and searching for a lower price. Ignore the naysayers who have given poor reviews. We have stayed at Waikiki Village a few times now and the rooms and the staff have always been amazing. The prices are great whether you are staying in season or in the off season, which we tend to do. I recommend Waikiki Village to everyone who mentions Myrtle Beach and I will continue to stay there in the years to come.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KRGordon
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
Many thanks for your kind words. We have a lot of repeat customers and I am so glad that you have become one as well. We look forward to being part of your relaxing vacation memories for many years to come. Customer service is important to us and we try hard to offer this along with clean, affordable lodging at a dated property.

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I have to say I was a little apprehensive when I first walked in back in 2007 as this place is quite dated. However when I went into the room, my son at the time (6 months old and crawling), I got down and inspected the room from his point of view, as I am a bit of a clean freak. I can tell you the place is spotless! Even the baseboards were dust free. I was amazed because I have stayed at big chains and have been so disappointed. The staff are friendly (all of them, the grounds, housekeeping and front desk). We have come back every year since 2007 and this year my little guy is 6! The way the rooms are set up are so great with little ones. They can take a nap in the room and know that they are safe when you sit out on your patio (if you are lucky enough to get a ground room) or have a few drinks in the evening after you put them to bed. The location is amazing. So close to the beach and central to many of the local attractions. This is the place to stay if you are looking for safe, clean and value for your money!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank MapleLeafErin
localmyrtlebeach, Owner at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you sharing your comments for future guests to see. We are happy to hear that you were pleased and look forward to seeing you here again very soon.

Mills River, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I have found my new Myrtle Beach 2nd home @ Waikiki Village. We visited for the first time 06/24-28/13 and were elated to find such a warm and friendly establishment.
Have stayed at the Landmark over the past 39 years on occasion and had settled in at the old Cherry Tree Inn at North Myrtle Beach for the a number of years and also The Beach Colony Resort alongside The Cherry Tree.
However, the Cherry Tree has changed hands and quadrupled their rates and the Beach Colony is just too blamed expensive.
Stayed at Landmark in April and discovered Waikiki right across the street (and even Landmark's parking deck is right behind Waikiki).
So now instead of parking behind Waikiki (Landmark) and making the long trip on foot carrying no telling what to the Landmark and ending up on the 11th, 12th etc floor...AND..everytime you go to the Atlantic or shopping or dinner having to ride the elevators up & down, over & over...........
at Waikiki you simply step out of your room and cross the street to access the beach. It's actually much closer to the beach than the Landmark when you put all the foot travel together.
The front office staff is nice, friendly, courteous, kind....(must've been Boy Scouts) and Housekeeping is fantastic. We wanted for nothing.
The rates are much, much better than the "regular" hotels and, although you might be able to find a little better rate elsewhere.....you will not find the atmosphere. We are returning the week of August 19-24 where we are taking advantage of one of the Waikiki's STAY FOUR, GET #5 FREE deals that they offer throughout the year. That's really saving 20%. We'll finish up the year October 21-25 where the room rates are an unbelievable $39 per night. That'll get us into the Holiday spirit of Thanksgiving and Christmas.
AND THEN.......we'll have to struggle through what sometimes are rough, rough winters in the wonderful & beautiful (but cold) Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina and patiently wait for April or May 2014 and HERE WE COME AGAIN! (Where we will take advantage of one of the 5 for 4'ers.
Thanks Nancy @ Waikiki Village for providing us a 2nd home in fabulous Myrtle Beach, South Carolina that we can afford.....damn, it's nice to be retired.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JULIAN M
Thank you for this review. I am please to hear that we were able to make your stay pleasant and that you found our staff to be very helpful. Our housekeeping staff are truly an asset to our property. Thank you for recognizing their efforts. I will certainly pass your kind words to them.
Many thanks and I am happy to hear that we will be seeing you again.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Very nice stay without the nasty prices. Staff friendly and makes your stay as comfortable as possible. Very clean & would recommend to anyone. Prime location, in walking stores and resturants. This hotel is for families and mature couples only.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank myrtlebeach13
localmyrtlebeach, General Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
We are so happy to hear that you found Waikiki Village to be such a great value. Customer service is very important to us so we are happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. Please visit us again the next time you come to Myrtle Beach.

Virginia
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Our family visited Myrtle Beach last week (July 2nd-5th) and we were so thankful to find Waikiki Village. The staff was friendly, room was affordable and clean, and the location was great. We definitely will be staying here again. Thank you so much! :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Many thanks for writing this review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed being here. We certainly hope that we will be part of your vacation memories in the future.

Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My most recent Waikiki Village visit was June 23- July 7, 2013. The rates are always the most reasonable on the beach allowing for added days, and extra spending money, to anyone's vacation plans! Significant upgrades were noted to the motel's Wi-Fi and strong signals were available from any location on the property. Parking is plentiful and within close proximity to most any room (I parked within 5 feet of my door!). Staff members Harry and Larry always welcome guests with a kind word and a smile while the owner, maintenance and housekeeping staff are clearly visible and available throughout the day. Everyone goes to great lengths to ensure an incredible guest experience. This is indeed the family destination of choice. My motto? I would rather pay to stay at Waikiki Village than go elsewhere for free!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Thanks for your kind words about your stay with us this July. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed using the updated WIFI and you find our staff to be kind and helpful. We do appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you at Waikiki again.

Nancy