“Will definately be back!!!!!”

Monterey Bay Suites
Ranked #87 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Easthampton, Massachusetts
“Will definately be back!!!!!”
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Monterey Bay is close to all shopping and restaurants. Staff is very courtious. Can't beat the breakfast deal! Highly recommend.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I read the reviews about this place and was afraid of what we might find here. Don't believe everything you read. Some people are never happy no matter what you do. I have been coming to Myrtle Beach for twenty-five years and this is one of the best places I have ever stayed and I have stayed in some very nice places. The parking is alittle tight but if you are a good driver, it not a problem. The breakfest was very good every morning.
The room was very clean and the maids were nice. The pools were cleaned every morning and the music by the pool was a nice touch. The elevators have average waits for a hotel this size. The staff was very helpful all week long. THE BEACH FRONT WAS AWSOME.

1 Thank Michael M
Lexington, Virginia
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I should have listened to the reviews about the parking garage. We had a minivan and felt it was challenging to get in and out of the parking garage. Being able to park on the same floor as your room is very nice, but whoever designed the garage did not not into consideration the possibility of damaging vehicles. The pulldown bed had a very bad odor and my kids did not sleep well. We also had ants in our kitchen. Why this resort did not have a heated pool is also not very good. Compared to the Ocean Reef Resort where we stayed last year this place was terrible. They sell people on the free Breakfast. I will take the money that I saved on Breakfast and put it towards a nicer place next time.

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

MIDLOTHIAN
Reviewed 18 August 2011

First of all this hotel has an F rating with the BBB for a reason. They are a bunch of rude jerks at this hotel. We all know upon leaving a hotel you always get a receipt showing you have a zero balance just so you can make sure you have no phone call charges, room services charges etc...that you did not make. Well upon checking out I requested a receipt for my stay showing i had a zero balance and Ashely Aldridge which works the front desk refused to give me one. Well let me tell you what happened I booked my stay through bookit.com. We paid $750 for 3 nights oceanfront hotel at the Atlantica Resorts which is a sister hotel of this hotel. When when we arrived at the Atlantica they conviently had nothing showing we had a reservation even though we had our confirmation number. Well once again conviently BOOKIT.COM got us a room at this crap hole which by the way would of only been $501.00 for three nights and that INCLUDED TAXES and instead of oceanfront which we paid for we had OCEANVIEW which was NO VIEW OF THE OCEAN BUT A GORGEOUS VIEW OF ANOTHER HOTEL!!!! All I wanted was receipt when I checked out showing I stayed in oceanview hotel the price for the three nights and that I had a zero balance! Ashely Aldridge REFUSED to give me one and thought the whole thing was funny. I have NEVER had a hotel not give me a receipt showing my stay!!!! Hotel is horrible and so are the people that work in it!

4 Thank P B
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We just got back from a wonderful stay at the Monterey Bay Suites. We’ve been to Myrtle Beach more than 40 times, but this was our first stay at Monterey Bay. It is located in the northern end of Myrtle (68th Ave North), which is in a quieter section of the beach. We had made our reservations in January for our August trip, and got a 30% discount. We were on the 12th floor, had a type “C” oceanview suite, and paid only $1,046.15 TOTAL for 7 nights. That’s less than $150 per night, including tax, for a suite!!

Every morning, they offer a free hot breakfast. Eggs, bacon, waffles, biscuits & gravy, cereals, fresh fruit, etc. each day. They also serve burgers and sandwiches at lunch time, but that isn’t free. There is a workout room on the 3rd floor, and a laundry room on the 3rd floor. There is entertainment for the kids. While we were there, they had a magic show on the main lawn, and then a talking parrot one day in the lobby. They also have a room with a TV where you can rent the X-box for free and play games. There is no arcade at this hotel.

The main pool on the lower level stretches both inside and outside, and while much of the pool is 3 to 4 foot deep, there are sections that are 5 foot deep, which made it much more enjoyable for us adults (and our 17 year old son). There is a lazy river and hottub inside, and an additional hottub outside. There is also a kids activity pool, but we didn’t have any little ones with us, so I cannot comment on that. The front lawn area has the bean-bag toss game (some call it cornhole), and plenty of chairs for sunbathing. They also have a poolside snack bar that has hotdogs and nachos, along with sodas, beer, and wine coolers. There is also ping-pong, restrooms, and pool towels down there.

There is an additional pool on the 10th floor which is smaller and quieter. It’s a great place for sunbathing, reading a book, or talking. There is also a hottub by this pool. There aren’t as many kids at this pool, so it is relaxing. Plus, if you have a room on one of the upper floors (10th through 16th), you can walk up and down the stairs to get to the pool and back to your room. There’s no public restroom at the 10th floor pool, so being able to walk up a flight of stairs to your room is helpful!

Our suite was great, and was actually bigger than the ones in the pictures on their webpage. Two double beds, two closets, two TV’s, a full kitchen, and a living room with a Murphy bed (wall bed). We had our 17 year old son and 11 year old daughter on this trip, and the suite was certainly big enough for our teen and pre-teen, which was one of our concerns before we arrived. Our balcony was facing south, so we could see the beach all of the time, and could see the lights from downtown every night and the fireworks from the 2nd Ave pier on Wednesday. I spoke with housekeeping, and each of their housekeepers has 11 rooms to take care of. They were at our room early every day, and were done and gone when we came back to our room for lunch. Our room was very clean, and so were the hallways. The elevators got dirty every day, but housekeeping/ maintenance kept cleaning them when someone would spill a drink or get sand in there.

There are two complaints about the Monterey Bay Suites… the parking and the elevators. I feel that if you know about the negatives in advance and plan for them, then you can turn those negatives into positives. YES, the parking garage is tough to negotiate. We knew that going in, so we planned our parking by taking a spot on the top floor every night (8th floor) to make our exit easier the next day. And we knew to plan an extra 10 minutes to get out of the parking building each night when we went to dinner. YES, the elevators can be slow and crowded in the morning when EVERYONE in the hotel is trying to get down to the lobby for breakfast, or back up to the room after breakfast. They aren’t that bad the rest of the day. We parked our car on the 8th floor, and walked the 4 flights of stairs to our room every day to avoid the elevator. It was an easy walk, saved time and frustration from waiting for the elevators, and was good exercise. We also took the stairs to the 10th floor pool and back to our room every day. The only time we took the elevator was to go all the way to the Lobby for breakfast, or the ground floor for the main pool and the beach.

In conclusion, we would definitely stay here again… especially for the price! The room was perfect for our family, the location was great, the pools were fun, and the free breakfast was very helpful. Everyone that we met that worked there was very friendly. The two women who served breakfast every morning have a very tough job, but they were both as friendly as can be, and spoke to everyone each day. The front desk folk were helpful, and as I said above, housekeeping was great. I would definitely recommend Monterey Bay Suites!

Room Tip: Use the stairs!! There are 4 stairwells. If your room is on the 10th floor or above, park on the 8...
3 Thank WVParkfan
Maxton, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Dont ever go stay here. Room floors stayed wet, Elevators to slow an hot, Workers disrespectful parking is a shame
I wrecked my new van, an they had the nervous to ask me did i have insurance.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Jazz2223
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Came to the front desk early in the morning of the day of check in; asked to have a room on the lower floor possible since our 6 years old child is anxious about riding elevators
(put the same request in 6 months ago when booked that reservation)
At 3 pm received room on floor 9. Manager and staff were very reluctant to help us and seemed to ignore our issue. Very dissapointing!!
By the way, it took us 15 minutes to get in the available elevator to get our luggage to the room. Again, no attemts to assist in any way by hotel staff.