“Awesome!”

Ranked #93 of 210 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Maryville, Tennessee
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Other that a few day being overcast, I have nothing to compalin about. The staff is helpful and friendly, the rooms are clean ( and have been updated since last year), the pools are great. We will be staying at Monterey Bay again next year.

Room Tip: We chose a beach front room this time. The views were amazing.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
nj
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I can't help to read reviews over and over about the same thing. This is one place I will never stay again!! The first time i stayed in 2010, it was okay, but last year, it was unpleasant. The furniture was old, carpet had stains, i was afraid to pull the bedspread back so I slept on top. My kids didn't mind they just wanted to have a good time. The elevators had an odor, fans that blew hot air, and it was always wet (I could never understand how someone could ride in an elevator with no shoes on - happened all the time) I was nervous about scratching the side of my Surburban on the walls of the narrow parking garage. I only thing I will say positive is the breakfast was ok (not great) but it was only till 11am so if your not an early riser, you will miss out! Do yourself a favor and spend a little more to get the most out of your stay.... Somewhere else!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank afrikan_rain

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Irwin, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We were only there for a short time because we were on our way home to Pa. The staff was friendly and informative.We had a huge oceanfront room.The free breakfast was decent. The onlyimprovements I would suggest is coffee service in the room and lobby. There was a coffee pot but no coffee and sugar, dont take those on vacation..The parking garage is narrow, but they have a place on lower level for those.The grounds and pools were beautiful.Decent place to stay

Room Tip: The king oceanfront suites were very spacious. If you like room, choose this type of room
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Augusta, West Virginia
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Things just kept getting more and more inconvenient as the days went on. First of all, the parking garage is way too small for SUV's.Second of all the elevators had a terrible odor and they took forever to pick you up. We were on floor 11, and we did do the stairs sometimes but when your hands are full of "stuff" and you have 3 small kids, the stairs are not always an option. Also the remote to the tv did not work. Call me lazy but i am on vacation so I want to relax and not get up every time I turn the channel. And my husband had to fix the tv because it also would not even work at first. The pools were nice though, they were big and there were several of them. The faucet in the kitchen would just spin around when you tried to turn the water on. ......The smell coming from the A/C was awful. The Worst thing was that there is a full size refrigerator/freezer in there and on the second to the last day it stopped working...SO all of my groceries went bad and has to be thrown out. I still had 3 meals and ice cream in there...all in the trash. The cleaning lady was VERY nice, but she always came in the morning when you are getting ready to get in the shower (akward). I will say that the free breakfast was handy. Usually they are pretty gross, but this was not too bad. The coffee was gross but the meal was not bad. And the door to the room kept sticking and did not want to close without force. Pros would be that the staff was friendly. Cons........nothing worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And there is nothing worse than bad odors in a vacation spot. The location was very relaxed though and residential so the crowd was at a minimal (great for families). I am positive I will not be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
AshelyAldridge, Front Office Manager at Monterey Bay Suites, responded to this review, 17 June 2012
Thank you for staying at Monterey Bay Suites. We regret that you had so many issues. Unfortunately, appliances don’t give warning signs before they quite working. If we had known that some of your items had spoiled, we would have helped you replace them. The other items could have been taken care of quickly had we known of them. We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel location, pools and breakfast. Again, thank you for staying with Monterey Bay Suites.
Lexington, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2012

The Monterey Bay Suites are simply "eeeh". I'm not sure why on almost every website it seems to have at least 3-4 stars judging on reviews, perhaps it's the hotel staff themselves writing false reviews. Hotel was good for the price and being oceanfront and all if you don't care about anything else. Other than that it was just a place to be so I didnt have to sleep on the street. The rooms are pretty outdated and seemed somewhat unclean, probably due to the smell of urine that permeated the room. The staff seemed fine. The elevators are basically worthless, I feel like I spent WAY too much time waiting on an elevator here. A little run down in places. Parking garage blows, pool area is ok. If you're staying with a bunch of dudes and you just want to be on the beach and dont care, this is probably an ok place to stay if you're budget-minded. Outside of that I would definitely recommend dropping a few more bucks to stay at another decent oceanfront hotel in MB.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with Monterey Bay Suites. We regret that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Unfortunately, when our hotel is busy, the elevators are busy as well. The parking garage does require patience to maneuver. The room issue could have been easily resolved, if we had known. We wish you many happy future visits to Myrtle Beach.
Guyton, Georgia
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My family recently took a few days to get away to Myrtle Beach and decided to return to Monterey Bay Suites, where we had stayed years back. We had a really pleasant experience! The rooms had some updated renovation and design, and we found everything neat and clean. The staff was friendly and the pools and outdoor area were wonderful! We loved that the outdoor pools were heated as well, since we were there in early May, and we really had a great time. The breakfast buffet was good, but the most pleasant surprise was an older gentleman, who was employed by Monterey Bay Suites, who acted as the host of the breakfast. He was such a sweet and friendly gentleman, helping families with high chairs and checking to be sure that everyone was happy... he really added to the pleasant experience! I'm sorry I have now forgotten his name, though right when we returned home I did complete a survey for Monterey Bay and included his name then and told them he was a wonderful addition!
We really enjoyed our stay here and feel that for the price and amenities it is our favorite option.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank susan p
Westerville, Ohio
Reviewed 27 May 2012

This hotel offers it all, full breakfast, parking garage and it's right next to the beach. It's close to the rides and attractions too. Lawn area and pool and kiddy area too.

Room Tip: A great place for the family if you don't want to be right in the middle of the creaziness becau...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends