“Relaxing retreat”

Monterey Bay Suites
Ranked #94 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We arrived after 11 pm. Upon arrival we saw the security officer making his rounds, which made us feel safe. Check in was quick a easy. We asked for a room that would be good for our son with asthma and the clerk was very friendly and helpful in selecting a room for us. Our son had not problems while we were there. The parking deck turns are very tight. We drove a van and had to watch really well. It was great to be able to park on the same floor as we were staying. It made for easy loading and unloading. Great, clean room with 2 queen beds, murphy bed and sofa. Very clean pool deck areas inside and out. Wonderful hot breakfast, a great bonus feature. Elevators worked well and were quick. Nice yard area for corn hole, swings, slide and gazebo. Very convenient to beach front. Check out was just as easy as check in and the clerk was also very friendly and helpful. Looking forward to staying with Monterey Bay Suites in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor in a 2 queen oceanfront room, very nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
LeeDennison, Front Office Manager at Monterey Bay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay with us here at the Monterey Bay Suites. We are delighted to learn that everything about your stay was enjoyable and we hope to see you again in the very near future.

Thank you again for your feedback, we truly value your comments!!!!!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I think this hotel is my new favorite place to stay in Myrtle Beach. Before deciding on a place to stay I look for a good value, location, amenities, rooms, and pools, Monterey Bay Suites offered everything I was looking for and I was very happy with what I found. First off the staff was very friendly and accommodating to my room request. The entire hotel was very clean and so was our room.The room layout was perfect for my family, it was great having a separate living space and bedroom so watching a late movie didn't disturb my son sleeping in the next room. The free hot breakfast was delicious. The heated pools were fabulous! My son especially enjoyed the rooftop pool. I couldn't believe I was swimming outdoors in November! I like that the lazy river offered a variety of floating rides for kids of all ages. My only real minor complaint is that the bed was more firm than I like but it wouldn't prevent me from coming back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us here at the Monterey Bay Suites. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay as much as you did and we look forward to next time that you come to visit us!!!!!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

This hotel was recommended to me by friends. I had checked it out online and liked what I saw. I know that sometimes pictures can be deceiving but I was not disappointed at all!! We had an end ocean front king room on the top floor. The room was clean and ready at check-in. The staff on hand was always courteous, especially the lady serving breakfast! She gives you a chipper "Good Morning!". The breakfast was great! Many people on previous reviews complained about the parking, and the parking deck is tight. SUVs and larger vehicles are instructed to park on the 1st two floors. Cars and motorcycles on the rest. However, not everyone abides by these rules. It was frustrating to have cars parking on the first level. We were still able to manage a space, however since we were vacationing in the off season it was a bit simpler. I can see how this would be a problem in the summer. The pools were fantastic and I was impressed with the playground and "yard" area.

Even though this was an anniversary trip for my husband and I, I would definitely bring my kids here to stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bobbie C

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay with us here at the Monterey Bay Suites. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Monterey Bay Suites.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

My wife and I were at Monterey. Bay Resort the week of Oct 11th. We had the Oceanfront End. Suite on the 5th floor. What a great view and a very clean suite. Very well decorated and the rooms were very spacious. I went down every day for the free hot breakfast and brought it back to our room. The servers were great and even wrapped them up for me to stay hot and the menu was great every day. The pools were very well taken care along with the grounds. We have a 2013 Honda CR-V and had NO problem with the parking spaces everyday on the 5th floor. Just take your time and drive slow. This was our 3rd time at the Resort and we will be back next year!!!!

Room Tip: For the best view of the ocean, get one of the End Suites.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
LeeDennison, Front Office Manager at Monterey Bay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

We do appreciate the time that you took to come to TripAdvisor to rate your stay here at the Monterey Bay Suites. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We had an oceanfront room with a lovely view. The room was clean and all the staff very friendly.(especially Lee at the front desk) The breakfast each morning was great. The clouds would not let the sun shine through, so we really enjoyed the heated indoor pools. All the grounds were kept well and a play house for kids had been added since our stay last year. As always, the room was just as described and everything was up to par. Can't wait to return again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank L2ADVENTURES
LeeDennison, Front Office Manager at Monterey Bay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a response on TripAdvisor.com. We really do appreciate your comments and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at The Monterey Bay Suites.

And I do try my hardest to ensure that my guests have the most pleasurable experience while they are staying at my hotel!!!! Thank you for the compliment!!!!!

We do hope you will come back again soon!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Ocean Front Suites with bedrooms in the rear. One bed is very close to the AC unit. Room is cramped, difficult to get luggage cart in. Room was non-smoking however, apparently smoking on balconies and outside pool area is allowed or just happens. Consequently, cigarette and cigar smoke is sucked into the room if the balcony sliding door is open. Not pleasant.
The connected garage parking is a challenge. Ramps and parking area is TIGHT. Ramp marking could be clearer and more driver friendly.
Hot breakfast is provided for most guests. More than adequate. Very friendly and helpfully staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor.com to rate your stay and our hotel. We try our hardest to ensure that all of our guests are pleased with their accommodations and there stay.

Again we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Monterey Bay Suites with us. We do hope that you will be returning soon to stay with us!!!!!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Had a great time at Monterey Bay. All of the staff and amenities impressed the whole family! We were there for Columbus Day weekend this year. We stayed on the 5th floor, ocean front. The hotel was a bit older but everything in the suite was nice and fresh. The oceanfront view from the 5th floor is amazing! They have a beautiful pool and hot tub on the 10th floor. As well as 2 pools on the lower floor with amazing oceanfront views . My 8 year old and 5 month old enjoyed the kids water play area. The breakfast served each morning was great, my very picky 8 year old even enjoyed it! There was plenty to choose from. The hotel parking garage isn't as tight as other reviews that we read, as a new driver I was able to maneuver around with ease. The staff were all very accommodating and met all of our needs. This was one of the BEST hotel experiences we've had, especially for the price. Thanks for the great memories....our family is already planning our march break trip!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Monterey Bay Suites as much as you did!!!! We work hard to try to ensure that everyone enjoys there stay as much as you did!!!

We do look so forward to your return visit with us here at the Monterey Bay Suites!!!!!