“Great place to stay!!”

Ranked #88 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Virginia
“Great place to stay!!”
Reviewed 11 June 2009

This was our first time staying at Monterey Bay and my Family and I had a wonderful vacation. The staff was very friendly and even exchanged our room to oceanfront when we wanted to move to a room on a lower floor because of our 3 year old not being comfortable on the balcony that was higher up. The complimentary breakfast was great and was a great start to the day. Our 3 year old loved the kiddie pool with the buckets and our 13 year old liked the lazy river and hot tub. The rooms were very clean and the cleaning lady was very nice. The only problem we noticed was a bad odor when you open the kitchen cabinets, were not sure what it was but we found a few dirty knives in the drawer so there may have been a dirty dish or something but we didn;t need to use any of the dishes on our stay. The pool area was nice and had great chairs to relax in and plenty of towels if needed for drying off which was a great plus because most hotels do not provide towels in the pool area. The walk to the beach was very short and my kids liked the foot sprayer on the deck to wash the sand off your feet. We would definately stay here again next year we had a great time!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 June 2009

Monterey Bay Suites was clean and affordable. The staff was very friendly yet professional. We felt welcomed there.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
south
Reviewed 22 May 2009

Our hotel stay was wonderful! Despite the great reviews, I knew we were paying an awesome deal so I did not expect much. But when we arrived, the check in staff were great! We walked to our room and it was not your typical beach condo room. It is decorated much like my home is with great decor. And I didn't realize my suite had a sofa bed and a pull down wall bed which was just a bonus.

The housekeeping staff were great too. When I called for service, they were at my door in less than 5 MINUTES! EVERYTIME!!!!!

The free breakfast was great. Our meals choices consisted of eggs, grits, bacon or sausage, hashbrowns, french toast, cereal, and waffles.

The beach is just outside the property and it was not crowded and very clean. The pools were clean and heated!!

Everything was absolutely wonderful!!!! I HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

Tennessee
Reviewed 20 May 2009

My husband, myself and our three teenagers just returned from a great relaxing week at Monterey Bay Suites. I always read all reviews on trip advisor before booking any vacation, However you can not always trust everything you read. I am very picky regarding hotels and this is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. It is not a five star hotel, but this is a very nice place to stay. The breakfast is very tasty and very convenient. There are alot of nice restaurants nearby and pleanty of things to do. I family have really enjoyed the two times we have stayed at this hotel and plan to stay again when we visit Myrtle Beach. I hope this review helps and remember some people are just not happy no matter what!!

Minnesota
Reviewed 16 May 2009

I took my family from out of town down there to see the new years eve fireworks and just to get away for a while when they were in town visiting me. I made the reservation over the phone and they seemed really nice, boy was I for a surprise when I got there. The hotel had wet paint signs everywhere. Our balcony paint was wet, there was construcation everywhere there for construction equipment everywhere, kids running up and down the halls ways banging on the doors and walls as they ran by. They did not have coffee in the room, no shampoo in the bathroom and the first desk service was the worest I have ever seen. When my family and I left to go to dinner there was an older couple down complaining about the kids running up and down the halls and playing in the elevator and the front desk clerk seemed as if he was going to do something about it. When we got back, they were still doing it. We then saw the pullies out side of our window and that was enough to put me over the edge and not want to be there one more minute. I went down the the front desk and complained myself about the kids running through and how they kept banging on our door and walls and the desk clerk told me, "there are no kids running around the hotel" just as he got done saying it they ran out of one elevator into the next, did he say anything?? NO!! Did he see them, YES. So at that point I requested that the following nights reservation be canceled because I was going to go stay in a different hotel that we had stayed in before. He canceled it and when I asked for the managers information they gave it to me rudely and told me she would not be there until 7am the following morning. When my family and I checked out that morning, there was no manager around, and it was 8am. Hmmm...... And now 6 months later, I am still waiting for my money back at they said would be re issued back to my credit card with in 10 days. Still nothing. They said they sent it back, well it has yet to get there. So if you are looking at staying there, I would recommend not to, the customer service is poor. But that's coming from me. I think there are quite a few others on here that would agree with me just be reading what they had to say. Thanks for reading.

• Stayed December 2008
1 Thank jhreview
MontereyBay, Operations Manager at Monterey Bay Suites, responded to this review, 21 May 2009
Thank you for bringing to our attention the frustration you have experienced at our resort. We take great pride in providing our customers friendly, polite, and efficient service. When such is not the case, we want to do our best to correct the issue.

Renovations are a preventative measure to keep our facility updated and comfortable to our patrons. Unfortunately there is never a good time to do renovations, especially when guest areas are concerned, however it is something that must be done. We made every effort to alert our guests of any issue that would affect their stay and apologize that this was not portrayed during your visit.

We would also like to apologize for insincerity from our staff. We pride ourselves in having a diverse work force and place a huge emphasis on complete guest satisfaction. Rudeness from our staff is not acceptable and will always be addressed.

Although we cannot discuss specifics concerning guest refunds, we can assure all guests that should a refund become due, we will make every effort to process the refund as quickly as possible. If a situation ever arises, we work diligently with our merchant services processing department to rectify the situation in a timely manner. Since processing policies differ between banks and credit card companies, certain refunds may be out of our control and certainly apologize if this is the case.

As mentioned, we strive for complete guest satisfaction and will continue to remain appreciative of our guests. We encourage each guest to speak with a member of our management team if they are concerned about their stay. We will make every effort to ensure that their stay meets the highest expectations.

With sincere gratitude,
Monterey Bay Suites Management

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

North Carolina
Reviewed 12 May 2009

I have stayed at this hotel many times & will continue to do so. In the last year or so they totally updated the rooms so now they include pretty furnishings, flat screen televisions, granite in the bathroom & kitchen, tile flooring in the bathroom & kitchen & new stainless steel appliances in the kitchen. The free breakfast is always delicious and the hotel staff always accommodating. I recommend calling the hotel directly to book a room as you can usually get a better rate than what you find online.

nashville
Reviewed 12 May 2009

We love our room with the ocean front view from our balconyThe kitchen is bare bones as far as cooking tools go. Next year I will carry pots , dishes,and the tools that I deem necessary to cook our meals and therefore eat healthily and cheaply in our dining area It isextremely easy to shop at several of the top grocery chains. The free breakfast buffet every morning, starts the day off right. The room attendents were very polite and effecient. We (my college roomy and I) have been 3 years in a row, now, and plan to keep a tradition of coming every spring to the same room at the same hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends