“relaxing, clean-nicely run hotel”

Beach House Golf & Racquet Club
Ranked #76 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Annapolis
“relaxing, clean-nicely run hotel”
Reviewed 7 August 2010

We cancelled reservations at the Monterey bay suites when we read reviews of noise, parking, bugs etc and booked here. Boy was I glad we did. Smaller, only 8 floors, all rooms ocean front, nice pool, lawn and easy parking. The Monterey bay was next door, BIG, loud, crowded, messy looking and we were smaller, cleaner, less crowded and still great views of the ocean. We had room 501, an end unit. Bath was ok, kitchen was good, everything you needed, lg fridge, stove, microwave, coffee maker and ice maker. TV and couch and chair and table to eat in living area with a large closet, bedroom had a tv, armoire and sliders to private balcony. To the right of the hotel is the residential area-so nice homes for about 10 blocks-no hotels-this is a great location, plus a nice walk down beach or sidewalk to check out houses and do some exercise/walking. This area of hotels is where we always stayed and wanted totry a different hotel. Right out to rt 17 is a Food Lion, beach store, Fridays, Bonefish grill (hmm bang bang shrimp), mini golf, pizza hut. Highly recc the Aspen Grill down 17 a few blocks, great service and food, a tad expensive but worth it. Bummz a great lunch spot, Hope u enjoy your time at MB. and dont forget to shop at Steinmart!! Next to Food Lion, dept storelike, yet prices cheaper than Macys etc.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank baybaby

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Overall, this resort is decent and the location is superb. The grounds / pool were well maintained and the room was clean. This place has two elevators that work very well with minimum waiting. We had a one bedroom / one bath unit on the third floor with a very strange quirk - if you have the balcony sliding door open for any length of time, condensation will build up on the ceiling (which is reminiscent of a corrugated tin roof) of the living/dining area and eventually drip onto you, your children or your mushroom omelette. Our crack hotel staff advised us not to run the air with the sliding door open; however, we did not have the air running at the time...and they did not have any more answers once we informed them of this fact. WiFi was present as was horseshoes, a beanbag toss and shuffleboard for the folks who demand the games or yore. The workout room was a universal station, treadmill, stepper and a couple of bikes, so don't expect to get ripped to shreds during your week here. The "activities" are the usual bogus resort ones, which usually draw the vacationing corpses who just probably just happened to wander in that particular room by chance. This place is a smaller one compared to the many hotels in Myrtle / North Myrtle but just about every unit has a large balcony facing the ocean and the joint as a whole is pretty child friendly. As a bonus, we were able to have the pool to ourselves on many occasions. I am recommending this only to folks who can tolerate keeping the balcony slide door closed.. Also, I am still looking for the tennis and raquet club as the name suggests...

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank nefferdf
Huntington, WV
Reviewed 23 June 2010

I stayed at the Beach House Golf & Racquet Club in Myrtle Beach, SC in June, 2010. I had a single room with an ocean front view that was simply beautiful. Every room had rocking chairs and that made my stay so relaxing. There were activities for children and adults for low cost as well. The linens could be exchanged twice weekly during generous hours. The laundry room only cost $1.00 for wash and $1.00 for dry and one cycle was enough to get clothes completely dry. The kitchen was lovely with stove, microwave, full sized refridgerator, and fully stocked full of dishes, pots and pans, etc. We saved TONS of money eating in! The people were very friendly and the staff were supurb. In the room there is both Local phone service and free wi-fi for your computer. I took my netbook and had no trouble accessing it night or day. The room was decorated in a beach motif and the colors were attractive and pleasant. The rooms had vacuum cleaners and other basic supplies so no worries about after hour spills or cleaning emergencies! The hotel is very centrally located in Myrtle Beach and this makes short work of driving to various activities on the Grand Strand. The air conditioning worked so well that we initially got too cold and had to re-adjust the a/c!!! Would I stay again? YES!!!!!! WE LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank AnnMarieWV
Chapel Hill NC
Reviewed 14 October 2009

We've stayed several times at the Beach House. They have one, two and three bedroom units. The Beach House also has a three "Penthouse" that is available for rent or exchange with RCI from time to time.

We've stayed in the one and two bedroom units and the Penthouse. The one bedroom units as a bit small but are OK for a couple. We've found the staff to be very helpful if one treats them with respect.

We like the location as a residential areas is directly to the south, so even in the peak summer, adequate beach area can be found in a short waking distance.

We've stayed at six other places in Myrtle Beach and this is our favorite - especially the larger units.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank AmishinNC
arizona
Reviewed 30 September 2009

My wife and I have rented time shares on our vacations many times in fact we have had such great experiences that we bought one ourselves on Hilton Head Island in South Carolina. We decided to rent this one because we had never been to Myrtle Beach. What a mistake. This palce was thw worst. It is old and in dire need of an upgrade. The place was very small and not well kept up. I knew we were in trouble when we checked in and there was a note on the elevator wall asking people who were staying there not to pile there garbage up in the outside hallways anymore because it was a health hazard. Great does that mean they were allowing that at some point.? Every other time share we have stayed in in the past had a washer and dryer in the apt. Not this place. It had a laundry room on the second floor. Make sure you bring plenty of quarters It cost a 1.00 To wash and a 1.00 to dry. This place is also the worst designed palce I have ever seen. You open the front door and you step right into the second bedroom. Very weird. It was like they added the bedroom after the fact. Also there wwas no closet in that bedroom. The master bedroom was large and roomy but no bathroom other then a toilet and a sink in the master bedroom. The main bathroom with the shower and the tube was off the kitchen so you had to walk through the living room to take a shower. The amin bathroom also had mold on the tile along the bottom of the walls and tub. The tub in general was one of those that filled up while you were showering. The kitchen appliances were used at one time by Fred Flinstone. The coffeemaker and toaster were the oldest I have ever seen. lastly I dont know where they got the name for this place since there is no golf course anywhere in the vicinity or a racquet club either. All and all the worst experience we have ever had. Avoid this dump at all costs.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sfgiant1227
Hudson Falls, N.Y.
Reviewed 13 May 2009

The Beach House Golf and Racquet Club was a super place to spend a vacation. The room was very clean and the staff extremely helpful. Excellect location right on the ocean! I am glad I bought a timeshare here.....I can't wait to go back next year!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Firehawk5836
down south
Reviewed 31 March 2009

Small,comfortable and clean.I'm a timeshare owner,so I didn't get any calls about attending any meetings.There was a list in the pprs we were given at check-in of other timeshares there for sale,as well as one put in our door that week (along with a freebie sample of tea),but I thought that was very subtle and did not have a problem with it.
As for turning in the towels,the times were listed on the pprs handed to me at check -in.I exchanged them at the proper times,and did not expect anyone to go out of their way for me.The times are also listed in the booklet that was on top of the tv,so it pays to read thru what you are given and what is there.I'm sure that much was reasonably expected of me.
As for lighting,the bulbs in the lamps were 3-way,and did switch to a higher power if you turn them up a notch or two.Lighting in the bath was bright;some ppl like that but I purposely unscrewed 2 of the bulbs while I was there.
All in all,Beach House is a decent place to stay;it is not a plush type of place,just a reasonable and clean,decent place right on the beach.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple