“Total disappointment.”
Review of Caravelle Tower

We can't find prices for this hotel
Caravelle Tower
Ranked #130 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Total disappointment.”
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I cant believe what just happen to me. I reserve a room like 2 months ago when I came today the tower was under construction, fresh paint, tools on the floor, wet carpet inside the elevator, no pool at all it was bad, I even took pictures of the construction people going up and down painting and fixing stuff from my valcony it was a total dissaster, I would never stay here again and of course I would never recommend it. Nasty place.

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank melsad

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 July 2011

My family just visited the Caravelle Tower and was really disappointed. We've visited this resort for 10 years and this was the worst. There was ongoing construction that we were not informed of. There was drilling at 8:00am and there was a lot of painting. I tried to sit on my balcony and couldn't because a painter was right in my face. I tried walking out of my door and a painter was painting the door frame. One of the rooms we rented had a broken air conditioner that leaked the entire time and the room smelled like mold. The front desk offered to have someone use a dryvac to get up the water but what good would that do. It would leak again once it was turned back on. The pool at our hotel was also out of service during construction. This was our last year at the Caravelle Tower. I think we will visit Camelot or Dunes Village next year!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Alanis071211

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 1 August 2010

We rented a condo from the owners directly. I have to agree that parking is tight and limited. I prefered the towers to the main building, it was very busy by their pool and noisy at night. People seem to like to throw stuff off the balcony there? Alot of young teens. Beware of jelly fish, numerous people got stung daily, the life guard will spray vinegar on the stung area. Bring benadryl just incase. The Caravelle is located in a quieter area, you need a vehicle to get to restaurants and stores. There are no life guard at the pools.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Pros: on the beach & good customer service. They let us check in really early - which was really nice. Cons- we stayed in the towers section- king studio. Really old and not updated probably since the the 80s. Our room had a VHS player!! No DVD ? Has all of your other basic needs- but there are much nicer places for the money. The ice machine is really scary looking, the elevator smelled like urine, and you can hear every sound outside. That is a biggie when it is bike week. Car alarms going off non stop from the vibrations of the bikes. Our chair on our balcony had 3 legs. If you can stay for 3 days, we would recommend the forest dunes. Same area, less money, and much nicer

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nicolaisnacks
Harrisburg, PA
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We had 4 adults and 2 7-year olds. We felt very cramped. The daily maid service was not so good. They never emptied our trash cans which were very small and needed emptied everyday. The room was nice. Overall was a good experience, would recommend it for a smaller family. Wifi only worked downstairs.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
DC
Reviewed 15 August 2008

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Cant beat the room for the price and what an incredible view.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Roanoke,VA
Reviewed 14 August 2008

Stayed at the Caravelle Tower in July.The staff was VERY friendly and helpful!Loved the location,the suite we had was clean and well appointed.The only negative aspect was the long delays waiting for an elevator.It could be a very time consuming ordeal to get from your room to the beach or parking areas.

• Liked — Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — elevators
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business