“Mediocre. Priced over quality compared to others in area.”
Review of Caravelle Tower

We can't find prices for this hotel
Caravelle Tower
Ranked #108 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 2 October 2011

The hotel is sadly maintained. We went in off-season, initially booked for 5 nights but stayed one. The hotel rates are are the same as those closer to downtown with similar amenities and cleaner living areas.
Cons: The air vent in the room emitted a terrible smell if on heat. The shower had a pressurization problem which caused it to squeak. The door to the patio had to be forced open due to the corrosion being so bad that simply turning the knob would not work.
Pool had floating foreign items in it, like bugs and paper. Windows at the pool seemed as if they hadn't been cleaned in a month, at least.
Pros: Staff, however, were very friendly and helpful. Directly on ocean, though placed behind another unit that blocks direct view of the ocean. Suites equipped with wifi, kitchen, large bathroom and adequate space.

Room Tip: Don't choose the Tower. Other Caravelle options have better access to amenities in the main bui...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 July 2011

I stayed in the Caravelle Towers King Suite. I had to move out of my first room becase it reeked of cigarette smoke. This building was undergoing outside construction, which I was told would be minor and no bother at all. LIE--The parking lot would get blocked off with caution tape during the day. The pools were closed at this tower. You could not sleep late due to the noise. I came in one day to find 4 workers on my balcony beating and banging and painting. The carpet and furniture doesn't look like its been replaced or cleaned in way too many years. It had stains all over it. The tub was so slippery and old, my son fell down while taking a shower. The pools at the main tower were nice, but there will be people standing in line before the pool opens to lay towels out on their chairs. Don't expect a pool chair until dark because of this. The pools were not cleaned very well for the amount of people swimming in them.

Pros--The main tower looks to be much nicer and newly renovated. So, if you are going to stay here make sure you are in the main building, not any of the old, run down buildings run by the Caravelle. The pools and kids activities were fun for my son and the resort is right on the beach.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank wdemommy
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I cant believe what just happen to me. I reserve a room like 2 months ago when I came today the tower was under construction, fresh paint, tools on the floor, wet carpet inside the elevator, no pool at all it was bad, I even took pictures of the construction people going up and down painting and fixing stuff from my valcony it was a total dissaster, I would never stay here again and of course I would never recommend it. Nasty place.

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank melsad
Reviewed 13 July 2011

My family just visited the Caravelle Tower and was really disappointed. We've visited this resort for 10 years and this was the worst. There was ongoing construction that we were not informed of. There was drilling at 8:00am and there was a lot of painting. I tried to sit on my balcony and couldn't because a painter was right in my face. I tried walking out of my door and a painter was painting the door frame. One of the rooms we rented had a broken air conditioner that leaked the entire time and the room smelled like mold. The front desk offered to have someone use a dryvac to get up the water but what good would that do. It would leak again once it was turned back on. The pool at our hotel was also out of service during construction. This was our last year at the Caravelle Tower. I think we will visit Camelot or Dunes Village next year!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Alanis071211
Reviewed 1 August 2010

We rented a condo from the owners directly. I have to agree that parking is tight and limited. I prefered the towers to the main building, it was very busy by their pool and noisy at night. People seem to like to throw stuff off the balcony there? Alot of young teens. Beware of jelly fish, numerous people got stung daily, the life guard will spray vinegar on the stung area. Bring benadryl just incase. The Caravelle is located in a quieter area, you need a vehicle to get to restaurants and stores. There are no life guard at the pools.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Pros: on the beach & good customer service. They let us check in really early - which was really nice. Cons- we stayed in the towers section- king studio. Really old and not updated probably since the the 80s. Our room had a VHS player!! No DVD ? Has all of your other basic needs- but there are much nicer places for the money. The ice machine is really scary looking, the elevator smelled like urine, and you can hear every sound outside. That is a biggie when it is bike week. Car alarms going off non stop from the vibrations of the bikes. Our chair on our balcony had 3 legs. If you can stay for 3 days, we would recommend the forest dunes. Same area, less money, and much nicer

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nicolaisnacks
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We had 4 adults and 2 7-year olds. We felt very cramped. The daily maid service was not so good. They never emptied our trash cans which were very small and needed emptied everyday. The room was nice. Overall was a good experience, would recommend it for a smaller family. Wifi only worked downstairs.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family