Caravelle Tower
US$227
US$181
US$234
US$203
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$252
US$184
US$182
US$146
Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$157
All reviewssanta mariamagic alomelettes and waffleskids activitiesroom cleaningnice roomtop floorgreat view of the oceangreat place to stayjudystevieknobcondokeygolf
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed this week 5/23-5/30. We we were in the Caravelle Towers. This was my first time I stayed here. The hotel is in great location and the room was nice. I go to Myrtle Beach every year and this was the first time where I was able to park at the hotel I was staying and got housekeeping everyday and at a decent time. You have access to all of the amenities of all the Caravelle Resort buildings. Game room, 10 pools, gift shop, bar and grill, restaurant, cafe'. Some minor issues: bathroom is outdated, beds are uncomfortable, there was no overhead light in the kitchen area, so we had to turn on the hall lights and bathroom lights to see, the some detector is too close to the oven and would go off everytime you opened the oven door no matter if you burned something or not, the building is not very insulated, you could hear everything going on outside. I have stayed in the middle of the main strip before near the skywheel and never heard noises coming from outside. I would stay here again and the price to stay is very reasonable.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Jeremy J
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Me, my two children and mom stayed in the Caravelle Tower from 5/26 to 5/30 (we are still here). I know all of these rooms are privately owned, so this review doesn't pertain to to the entire resort, just room #326.

TIME TO REMODEL!!!! The one bedroom suite is old and dingy. The bedroom smelled off standing water. The walls are marked up, scuffed, and dingy. Be weary of your electronics because I don't think one outlet was firmly fixed to the wall. Even the pictures on the wall are faded. Get rid of the fake flowers and plants and get some storage hooks and hangars (not even one!). There are four of us and we are overflowing with our stuff. NO way would this room fit 6-8.

The owners commented they've been here since 1968 and it TOTALLY shows. The price to stay here should be about $60 per night rather than the (sale) price of ~$110 we paid...it is not much better than a roadside motel, and I won't stay here again.

On the positive side, the staff was great. For what the cleaners have to work with, they do very well. The proximity to the beach was great (especially wih kids).

I was curious about buying a room in this place, but I will definitely look elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ponytail_Mom
Reviewed 14 February 2014

When I saw the pictures online of this resort I was very excited. It was a great price and it looked very nice. We were to stay at a 2 bedroom condo in the Caravelle tower. It also claimed oceanfront. The front desk was kind enough to let us check in early due to switching hotels. We were here after a power outage from an ice storm. When we got to the hotel it was a really nice lobby so I was hopeful. The gentlemen told me how to get to our particular building being they have 9 different ones. When I saw it I felt so disheartened. The nicer towers have a parking garage while the caravelle tower is a small parking lot. Walking to your room is all open and the hotel is aging. Middle of winter and the ac was on in the elevator. Once we got to our room I was even more disappointed. They claim 2 room but the reality is its a one room with a Queen bed in the living room next to a couch. The rooms cleanliness was alright except for the bubble gum in the plants in the room. The balcony was not oceanfront it was ocean angle if you stood on the side of the balcony and leaned over a little. The other towers were much nicer but this one looked as if I might get robbed and offered a drug deal just in the hall to the room. Property has potential but DO NOT STAY in the Carvelle Tower. Sleeping on the beach would be better

Room Tip: Do not stay in the Caravelle Tower. Pick another tower on the property
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank amandamunn
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay RM 329 is very nice and clean room has new tv's and beds this is a must stay RM in the towers I can't wait to come back. Just make sure you as for towers 329 . I am booking this room again before I leave here on the 2nd of January. For spring break.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank robitaille6
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Overall we really like the Caravelle - we have stayed there before and recommended it to family. This time we were very disappointed. They put us up in the Towers without telling us that it is a much older property and not near as nice as the main building. Our room was also much smaller than we were used to. Had this been our first visit I would never return. Now I know to make sure to ask for the main building.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple