“Do Not Stay here!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #169 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Gaffney, South Carolina
“Do Not Stay here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hotel is a run down disaster. They also try to charge a deposit for you to stay. The clerk demanded a cash deposit of $50.00 per person if under the age of 24, unless accompanied by an adult. I went to sign my son in this motel and the clerk still tried to charge. Peeling paint. Run down dirty rooms. Rude employees. Wouldn't stay here if it was free!!!! Do Not waste your time. @ people arrived, would only give 1 parking pass. Did not know there would be a vehicle limit!!!!

Room Tip: There is no good room at this hotel. It is awful. It needs to be condemned.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Shannon S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Annapolis, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Walked in to find smashed roach on wall. Toilet and shower broken. Pool was do sketchy my kids didn't even want to swim in it. We had camped on our way down to MB; our tent was cleaner. Can't even use the phrase, "you get what you paid for." Rip off. Pleas listen, and go somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Roromom

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Lakeland, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We had reservations for 5 rooms. Got there on fri. 4-4-2014 thru 4-6-2014. On fri. we checked in about 2 pm--took our things to rooms and------rm.201, actually had feces ALL over the room including the area where bed was. Rm. 202, NOTHING was cleaned, beds weren't even made, the old towels weren't taken out (this was w/most our room!!) We had 8 children w/ us and this is also what they saw!! On these two rms. ---their maintinence man had to do the cleaning!! Rm.301 had blood on they're bedspread--maintinence man again had to clean, nothing had been cleaned!! Rm. 309, he said it wasn't bad. Rm. 310, wasn't bad.. Now--b/c we wanted to give the benefit of the housekeepers, we stayed--THANKS to the maintinence man!!!! Alexander was a fantastic worker for them and should be getting the "liar of a manager"s" pay!!
Ok, now the second day experience--NON OF THE ROOMS WERE CLEANED!!!! Old towels still hung in same place--new towels were put beside them!! Most beds weren't made!! Showers NOT cleaned AND the towels that we had to use---were hard--I was scared it would of taken my face off it was THAT hard!! Guess who came to the rescue again??--YEP, the maintinance man!! I was told that they were having problems w/housekeepers! When asked for compensation b/c of ALL these problems--which we paid $800.00 for those 5 rooms. We were told that the manager "LINDSEY"-she said"I have to get ahold of 4 diff. managers to see what they can do. The way I understood was to get back w/her that next after noon, so went back there, she started to yell at me so she said she was calling the cops and she did!! I am like raising my voice,cause if she treats her customers like that we can talk to her like that!! She told the cops that I threatened her --all I said was" she must be scared I'm going to hurt her that's why she is calling the cops!" Then changed it to" no she didn't threaten me." She gave me the phone spoke to the cop and did what he asked us to do--just go outside and don't talk to her anymore--cop is on the way. Ok---I'm just wondering and wanted an answer as to what kind of compensation we would get---how hard should that be to get an answer!!?? When we got there to talk w/Lindsey--she had her worker lie and tell us she got called down the street and she would be back shortly--needless to say--she came out of the back and maybe said 3 sentences then after that she called the law b/c I yelled at her(after she did to me!!!). Anyways, found out Ocean Plaza IS NOT compensating anything to me, BUT I'm am sorry I didn't use this website to book--hotels.com is only compensating us $50.00/room!! (And that is just coupons!!) So----DO NOT BOOK AT OCEAN PLAZA AND POLYNESIAN OR VIKING MOTELS!! PLEASE!! They are nothing but rip-offs. DON'T give ANY compensations atleast when you book thru hotels.com. It was a very terrible time there--don't even look at the place from the front b/c your NOT going to see the building you saw on internet!! GOOD LUCK if you go thru but my advice is DON'T!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Janice L
myrtle beach
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I had reservations with ocean plaza and after arriving had extended my stay an extra 3 days.when housekeeping came to the room which was 30 min after checkout she told me if I didn't leave the room she was calling the police. she treated me like a criminal before I was able to say one word.if u think your getting a good deal at ocean plaza think again. calling the police is common procedure so this is my warning to you.also it seems there is is minimal to no upkeep to the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank savanaob
Havelock, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

It is not easy to see from the road and parking is awful. Front desk service was the worst I have ever had. Cleanliness leaves a lot to be desired. The pool looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in about three years. You get what you pay for. Spring for the extra money for a nicer place.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
San Diego
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

This was the worst place we have ever stayed at. Made a bad experience to visit South Carolina. The place was so moldy it made you sick. Water drip through the ceiling from the unit above. Towels left in the bathroom from the previous guests. Coffee pot in room, but if you need coffee they will sell you some at the front desk. Rude girl working the front desk. Charged me more money when arriving than what was already paid for at booking. This place should be closed down.

Room Tip: Stay away and go to another hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank finsupsandiego
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We booked this room for several nights. At first I was over all pleased with my stay. After two nights in the hotel we found two large cockroaches in our room one by the air conditioner and the other in the bathroom. We also notice that the cabinet in the kitchen area smelled of mold. The over all condition of the room and hotel is poor. The hot tube was out of service the whole 8 days we stayed as well. When I asked when it would be fixed the lady at the front called someone and then told me they didn't know and that the maintenance man was stupid. Then on Monday I went to the front desk letting them know I wanted to check out early and they said that is find just come down the day you want to check out before 11am and we will refund you for the last days. Today- Wednesday I went down to the front desk to check out and they refused to refund be the money. They stated it was policy even though that I had been told 2 prior days before that it would be allowed. The over all attitude of the worker at the front desk was rude and disrespectful. I do not appreciate being told one thing and then another being told to me with in a matter of days POOR customer service PERIOD!
This is not the first time that I have stayed in Myrtle Beach as I love this area but I will tell you this it will be the last that I stay at this hotel- mostly due to the poor customer service as I was expecting the hotel to be in poor condition.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Aimee H
povmgmt, General Manager at Ocean Plaza Motel, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on tripadvisor. We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your stay with us. I thank you for voicing your concerns and bringing these issues to our attention. I will make sure that your complaints are forwarded to the appropriate department heads for further review so that the issues can be taken care of. Thank you again for the valuable input. It truly is appreciated. I hope you have a wonderful day.