“Very well pleased”
Review of Ocean Plaza Motel

Ocean Plaza Motel
Ranked #157 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 14 March 2010

Me, my husband and 4 kids stayed here last year!!!! it was very nice. the rooms were very roomy and clean. i like it cause its quiet and close to the beach and nice swimming pools!!!!! was very pleased with the stay that we had!!!! will be back this year

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 March 2010

We had 5 rooms total at this hotel. First in our room our tub didnt drain correctly at all. Then my friends room the recepticle behind the fridge was missing the cover.. FIRE HAZZARD! Not to mention when they cleaned the room they left the DOOR WIDE OPEN with all of my stuff in there! Not to mention every room we had leaked bad.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2010

My husband and I visted here for Valentines Day weekend, when we arrived at out hotel, there was NO staff so we had to go next door to the resort to check in, when we arrived in our room, it was the dirty, horribley dirty, the bathtub had hair in it, along with mold on the shower curtain, the toilet had urine all the way down the front of it, there was not even a fitted sheet on our bed, the bathroom towels had brown stains all over them..thank god we had our own towels that we brought for the indoor pool , that was CLOSED but if we would have got in it, we probably would have caught something,,this is how nasty this place was. On our 2nd day there was a roach in our sink that had no stopper in it. Our balcony had carvings all in it some from 2003, this should tell you how long its been since these people even acknowledged their hotel, and last but not least there was a bag of opened potato chips under the bed with bugs, and when we called the front to get our money back on the room (we were going to find a different hotel) they tell us NO REFUNDS!!!! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HOTEL AND SERVICE NEVER VISIT THIS HOTEL !

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lilfroggy24
Reviewed 1 October 2009

We stayed at Ocean Plaza 302 and it was soooo gooooood!!! We're still here!!! Beds were really comfy for all of us! Microwave was a hassle, but no worries...just water and a little bit of vodka for me please!!! Our little secret....

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2009

After selecting Hotel for week stay. When I got there they informed me of a $3/Day Resort Fee that was not paid with my booking.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2009

This was the dirties place I've ever stayed at. We paid $92.00 for this so it's not a get what ya pay for...There was mold growing on the ceiling, hair in the bed sheets and shower. The sliding glass door (second floor) lock was broken and had been busted open the frame was torn up. We were told they would put a lock on it so we would be safe...yeah never happened. We were told to wait in the room for him to come, yeah that never happened. When we went to the front office to ask if he would ever come, they had a note on the door that said if you have any needs go next door to their other motel. Ha!! I will never book this place again and will tell everyone I know to stay away from the mold infested place.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank danifl
Reviewed 4 August 2009

We had a wonderful trip. We mainly came down to rest and to relax. I had never had an oceanfront view room and that was most beautiful view I could have ever seen. I could get up and take pictures of the sunrise every morning. we got to watch all the people walk along the beach at night time. I had been able to experience this before as well.
Lauren H. that works the front desk @ the Polynesian work very hard for my friend for us. When we got there our room wasn't ready, so she suggested that we go to the grocery store and she gave us the directions how to get there, I found that very nice.
we got back and the rooms still weren't ready for right many people and the hotel staff were working very hard to get all of us that had been there the longest in and out of the lobby to our rooms. We also had a chance to meet Victor the maintenance guy, he had to replace our AC, he was a very nice and professional person. Overall, I can see mee as well as some of my friends coming back again. I am hoping that it will bee very soon in the future.

Tracey Poore