“Family friendly vacation resort”

Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #21 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Our vacation experience overall was positive. The challenges we encountered were immediately attend to by staff and management. we received a reasonable resort credit for our inconveniences which were applied to our account. The resort is older however very well maintained. The room was dated and in need of newer furnishings but the staff did everything within their means to make our stay comfortable and memorable. We had a wonderful time and will most likely return next year. We recommend the Sea Crest resort.

Room Tip: Avoid room near the elevator.
1  Thank Albert R

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have no idea how this "hotel" - really a glorified old motel- gets away with charging $200+/night for what I saw there. The elevators smelled of urine and beer, almost everyone (including many parents) was drinking beer AND smoking at the kid pools, fireworks were being set off on the beach until 1:00am, the room was gross and dirty- there was leftover banana on the balcony and the bathroom was not clean upon checkin. We couldn't even hang out on our balcony because the flooring smelled so bad. If you're looking for a "spring break" experience for your family- you'll love this place. The great thing is that my kids are only 3 and 5 so they didn't understand any of these negatives - and they actually loved the pools. But I cancelled our stay half way through and we moved to a LOT nicer hotel in NORTH Myrtle Beach (oceanfront Best Western). When we mentioned to the Best Western what happened at the Sea Crest- they were like- oh...it's a little "rough" down there in that area of the beach. Couldn't be happier now at the Best Western and still CAN'T BELIEVE that we got the same $200 rate for a hotel that is 100% nicer than the Sea Crest. One thing I will say is that the customer service was excellent at the Sea Crest and they happily refunded our money for the cancelled 2 nights and even gave us a 20% discount on the 2 nights we did stay there.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank SamWorldTraveler
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Never choose this property when visiting Myrtle Beach!! On July 29th while my daughter and I were staying there, a horrific event took place at the pool. Someone from a balcony high above (10th-11th floor) dropped a very large object that appeared to be an old, metal umbrella stand to the pool deck below where many hotel guests and children were enjoying the afternoon.

The object (more like a missile) crashed to the ground, missing 2 small children by mere inches. Only by the grace of God were these children unharmed! I was the closest adult to the spot where it hit.

My mother called 911 immediately. My daughter and I were willing to give eye witness statements to hotel management. We were certain we knew from which balcony the item had been dropped.

We waited. And waited. No one from hotel management ever made an appearance at the pool, with the exception of the maintenance man who retrieved the object against objection of the crowd waiting for the police.

We waited at least 1 hour. By then, we all realized that management had cut the responding police officer off at the pass; which would explain why we never saw anyone in uniform. Later in the evening, when I approached the hotel manager, he told me that 2 police investigations were completed. I already knew from contact with the police department that the responding officer was only on the property 18 minutes! The hotel manager, nor anyone from his staff, were ever present at the pool to relay to the police the exact details of this near-disaster.

In my mind, any excuse for the inappropriate and unprofessional response to such a dramatic event at this "family-friendly" hotel would fall WAY short of acceptable.

1  Thank Cynthia M
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed at the hotel during Easter Weekend due to my brother having an extended weekend from the Marines. We rented 2 rooms, each with 2 beds and full kitchen. Each room had a balcony that faced the ocean. Views were beautiful. Watched a fire show from the hotel next door and saw many different birds. Lots of places to visit and explore. Parking is across the street, and we didn't have many issues getting across and back. The room was nice and our housekeeper was extremely pleasant. The ladies at the check in desk were also very pleasant and gave good information. Booked due to finding a deal online and being one of the reasonable priced hotels with beach front balconies. Not all balconies face the beach.
There were hundreds of Harley's that drove down S Ocean Blvd on Easter. It was quite a sight to see grown men wearing full bunny suits but was cool to watch.
Would return again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ash J
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

This was our first stay at Sea Crest. It met or exceeded our expectations: clean room, anemities, great location and professional staff. We stayed in an oceanfront room with 2 queen sized beds. It was the right amount of space for us as we have 2 young children. We will definitely plan to stay there again next year. The pools were great, too - especially the outdoor lazy river and water park for the kids. Great resort - 5 stars!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tara S
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed here twice now and like it because of its location ( close to everything), and the fact that it fits my family of six. Our suite was the perfect size. There was plenty of pools to accommodate the young and the old. What it lacks is a restaurant on site preferably by the pool that serves more than just hamburgers and hot dogs. It also lacks cleanliness by the elevators and lobby. This area should be mopped consistently. Overall, it's a great place for families and would highly recommend it

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Hechme1
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My daughter-Tameka, granddaughter-Cristian, sister-Tasha and neice-MaKhyia came all the way from Grand Prairie, Texas and Corsicana, Texas to Columbia South Carolina to celebrate my birthday. They came in Sunday evening and Monday morning we went to Sea Crest Resort at Myrtle Beach. The suite we had was excellent. We had a partial view of the Ocean (was suppose to be full view when she booked it) and a full view of the pool. There were a lot of people checking in at the Sea Crest. Later that day, they took the girls out to the pool to swim and then to the beach once it cooled off. I stayed in the room and enjoyed some quiet me time and read a book while they were at the beach. That night, we feasted on wings (six flavors), drinks and a variety of snacks for the girls. The next day we ate at the Loco Gecko Restaurant and walked the strip and shopped. Later that evening we stopped and they ate corn dogs, nachos, funnel cakes and drinks. It was too hot for me to eat. We continue to walk the strip since it was my sister and neice first time visiting Myrtle Beach or South Carolina. We had a great time and they really enjoyed it. I was told that they are planning to come back next year. They had to leave that Wednesday due to work, but my birthday was Friday, July 25th. This was a great and unexpected birthday surprise for me. I loved it.

Room Tip: If you want to see the beach from your room make sure it is a ocean front view.
3  Thank Diana F