“Great vacation!”

Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #21 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We have stayed here at Sea Crest for the past 5 or 6 years now. It actually seems to be getting better. It has a great location, great amenities such as several pools & lazy rivers and a big watersplash pool for the kids. You get a whole lot for the money, plus they have the free stay program! You've gotta give it a try!

Room Tip: We have had several different rooms here at Sea Crest and haven't had a bad experience yet. All...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank twobeachbums_9
There are newer reviews for Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Had a great time once again. Basically, centrally located, it provided easy access to the places I had to go. The only problem that some nights the water took some time to get hot, and a knob was missing from the bathtub, But overall, everything was great.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank djfoots17
Reviewed 30 August 2014

I plan to go to Murltebeach this year because my friend told me the water warmer then the Virginia beach or the other beach in the North.I reserved 4 months before the trip, it took us 9 hours to get there, with kids and traffic so bad . When we got there the manager was over charged, the money is wasn't the deal ,but we just want to make it clear. After he calculated he agree to paid back the over charge but he not happy about this...Then we load every thing into the hotel, we got out the elevator the hall way smell like urine. I ignored about because I think people come in all the time with wet body, I walk into my room and it ok, but by the morning I cooking the roach came out from the back of the stove. I feel a little gross but we are just so tire ,we just want to rest. At first i thought about to change the room but the sold out, because we went the middle month of July.The second day the room smell bad like urine ,we didn't sit on the balcony because they do smell to.The day we left , I went the Hotel parking to get the car and I saw one side of the windshield wiper broken and half , then I go to the front dest I told them what happen ,they said they not responsible for that. And I want to see the parking camera but they don't let me see. I feel so sad and bad about what happy like this, I should call the police or report to the health department that what my friend told me I don't want to make a deal their. The whole year we only have 1 week vacation, I feel so depressed. I didn't have time plus I waive this problem because I think we're just not luck until the Hotel send me a message for voting for them for the best Beach that make me mad that why I wrote this review.( The pictures of the pool are so exciting, but it dirty on the third day)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Becky T
Reviewed 29 August 2014

My cousin and I needed a budget friendly vacation. Sea crest is right on the beach and in our budget. Located nicely on Ocean blvd and was able to walk the strip. Hotel was nice and clean.
No we didn't stay in the ocean view tower but the attached building was still nice and again right on the beach. Yes you can hear a lot of what your "neighbors" are doing but that is pretty typical of most hotels that are tourist hot spots. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: the attached building was nice but pay the little extra for a ocean view tower room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michelle L
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We had decided to stay 1 more night on our stay at Myrtle Beach. And the promotion we had thru a company had us at another hotel down by 29th st.S that hotel was clean but very old . I found this hotel online for the same price after the hotel fees and extra they charge and it was 10xs better! Walking in the room the smell was inviting, comfy beds too. Great stay wish we would have been at Sea Crest our entire trip but glad I'll know next year!!!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank wv1978
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Sea Crest and I plan to bring my kids with me next year. It was a relaxing, beautiful and amazing experience that I plan to share with my family. The hotel room was nice and comfortable and only steps from the beach.The beach bar was awesome and the bartender Jake was the best! My sister and I enjoyed drinks by the pool and lively conversation after karaoke. I enjoyed myself thoroughly!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Tarnisoaps
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We had an excellent time at Sea Crest. We had a beautiful view of the ocean even if it was on the side of the building. We were at 15th floor and it was really nice. Typically don't hang out in our hotel room but with Sea Crest we sure did. My two teenager boys spent more time in the room than outdoors. They both fight over the side with the view of the ocean it was so funny. This is our first time here in Myrtle Beach, and had an excellent choice. The room was clean and spacious, with exception of a few stains but nothing too bad. Buildings right off the ocean are extremely difficult to maintain but they do a good job I was impressed. The staff was very, very friendly and made sure we were taken care of the whole time. Very courteous and professional. Trust me, if you have a problem, let them know and they'll genuinely try to help. There is a hotel across called Hotel Blue and while it may look nice, DO NOT STAY THERE! Read their reviews. Stay at Sea Crest. It's way more family-friendly and there's really no other hotel I'd ever desire to stay at in Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: Partial Ocean View is a bit cheaper and still great.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family