“loved, loved, loved this place!”

Holiday Inn at the Pavilion
Ranked #15 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Just got home from the best vacation ever. i hadn't been to myrtle beach in about eight years and wasn't sure where to stay - i really liked the looks of this place and booked my family's vacation stay. I have never been so pleased with a hotel ever. This place was clean, the staff very friendly and helpful, the pools were fabulous and you could never have picked a better location!! We never even got in our car because everthing was right there. Already trying to get my entire family to come with us next year because we will be going back to this Holiday Inn. Loved it!!

Room Tip: We had room 201 - the kids had a window to watch the street fun and we had the oceanfront to enjoy t...
2  Thank Angela F

Reviewed 16 July 2013

The hospitality at the hotel and service was great. We all agreed a bit pricy however the location was great, the accomodations with pools, spa and access to beach and boardwalk was a definate plus. We stayed in a room which was right off the elevators and didn't like it much however, that's the only real complaint. We also found even with a large facility during this busy season the elevators were operating great and we never had to wait. We didn't come across anyone that had a complaint about the facility. Minor complaints but nothing to even bother mentioning. Ok, here's 1 comment. More discounts and coupon offers would be great!

1  Thank Trafenna P
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We love the location, the accommodations, everything! Very nice staff, very pleasant place to stay. We have been there several times and just love the ease of being able to walk out to the boardwalk and get to shops and restaurants. There's also the free entertainment on the boardwalk and in the park. After our first stay there, we decided we would always go there when we visit Myrtle Beach. We have NOT been disappointed yet! We give our grandchildren a weekend trip to the beach for their birthdays, and they just love to go to the Holiday Inn with us. We enjoy the light breakfast provided each morning. I would highly recommend trying to get an ocean front room in the tower, because it is amazing to sit on the balcony and look at that ocean. I enjoy sitting out there and relaxing in the evening. I would (and have!) suggest this hotel to friends and family.

2  Thank Gail K
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Pagefamilyof3 nailed this hotel which was a great review. I will add that the free breakfast was downright ugly, the only fresh fruit they had was soft apples, the Fruit Cocktail looked like it had reused from last weekend and plenty of cock roaches running around in the outside entrance way at night, although I did not see any in my room, I found it disgusting to see a huge dead cock roach on the lobby stairs!!! All this for 250 a night. paid half of that for accomodations in Cancun which made this 3 star rated hotel seem like a -1 rated hotel.

This hotel is unfortunatly a typical Mrytle Beach hotel on Ocean Blvd. Won't be back to Myrtle Beach, Could be a decent value if the two room suites were only $99.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

With a teen and a tween, we stayed here for the location. Although the Myrtle Beach is huge and we ended up driving anyway. But coming home after dinner, the nightly concerts in Pyler Park were great to have nearby. Lots of people near the night-time attractions, food spots and beach-junk stores near the park, thrill rides, and boardwalk. The hotel offers a lot, but keeps it at a basic level with the staff working hard to keep it clean and well-run. Small kitchen (but with a full fridge) Decent beds. Clean pool areas. Small beach bar. Small grassy areas with comfy lounge chairs in front of the high-rise. Umbrella-ed tables to eat lunch in front of the low-rise. Store-bought mini-baked goods and 3-cereal option continental breakfast. Small exercise room. Parking across the street (and then across a few small streets - but nothing really terribly far away - 2 short blocks at the most) We were there 4 nights and 2 of those were noisy thanks to one loud late-night group on the lounge chairs.

Room Tip: Go oceanfront with a balcony in the high rise.
1  Thank PattiBKa
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I stayed here for 7 nights and very much enjoyed the experience. Everyone on the staff, from the day manager Sandi, to the Guest Relations Manager, Cathy and the maintenance staff were great. The oceanfront room was clean, comfortable and spacious , 2 queen sized beds. The front desk and maintenance staff responded very quickly to a minor A/C malfunction on Sunday when I checked in to the hotel (Thank you very much).
The location is exceptional being right on the boardwalk and within walking distance of restaurants, shops and entertainment either on the boardwalk or on Ocean Blvd.
There is a small store right next door where you can pickup drinks and food items and some other minor necessities.
I enjoyed the poolside and grass area lounge chairs which provided a great view of the boardwalk and the ocean without all of the sand.... I especially enjoyed the poolside lounge and the friendly manager Michelle who always had the radio set to '70's music.
The parking is not as difficult as others would have you think, The lot immediately adjacent to the hotel fills quickly but there are two lots directly across from the front door. There is a parking garage with roof access one block behind those lots and one block behind that is another large lot. I never had a difficult time finding a parking spot. Oh and by the way these are rather small blocks (not NYC or Chicago sized blocks) so it is quite a shot walk to the hotel.

FREE YACHT CRUISE.
Upon checking in to the Holiday Inn at the Pavilion I was asked by Cathy Dossat-
Guests Relations/Cruise Director to register for a free cruise on the hotels yacht the Fear Knot. Later in the day I was informed that I had been selected to go on this cruise on Wednesday. My friend Sheila and I arrived at the marina and were greeted by Captain Ron and Dave and were informed that it would be about an hour and a half cruise along the intracoastal waterway. We had quite a delightful afternoon aboard the Fear Knot. The trip ended with a with captain Ron taking our picture aboard the Fear knot and both of us receiving a free T-shirt. Thanks Captain Roan, Dave and Cathy for this experience.

The entire experience at the Holiday Inn at the Pavilion was very enjoyable and I would recommend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jack C
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Our vacation started in another hotel but after the first night at the hotel we knew we could not stay. The room was very musty and damp. We decided at midnight to pack our bags and leave in the morning. After doing a Google search I found the Holiday Inn Pavilion. The front desk was very sympathetic to my situation. She arranged for an early check in since we were right down the street. We were able to get into our new room at 12:30 and were thrilled when we took the first step into our room. Clean, fresh air and an amazing view. We were thrilled! The staff was so friendly. The person in charge of breakfast could not have been more polite. House keeping was kind and did a great job. I have nothing but great things to stay and I hope to come back soon!! Thanks for everything!

Room Tip: Lots of action around so things can get loud.
1  Thank 259Kathleen