“Never again!”

Holiday Inn at the Pavilion
Ranked #15 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We arrived at 8am our first day. Yes, this is VERY early for check in. But, we travelled from NY on my wife's birthday to go to DC. We travelled headed for SC that night in hopes to stay in a hotel on the 27th but for 4 hrs every one of them were booked. Needless to say my family of four slept in our small car. We woke early an headed to Holiday Inn Pavilion thinking if we got there early they would clean a room as soon as possible to allow for early check in. The lady at the desk did explain that they were booked and they took our cell number to contact us immediately when a room was ready (this was 8:30 am). We spent the next 4 1/2 hrs waiting around for an available room. By 1 pm (check out is 11am) we still had no room. So I asked the front desk who explained (again) check in was at 3pm and they had our number and would let us know. So, annoyed I went to the small low rise building and sought out a house cleaner who informed me all the rooms were clean, and sent me back to the front desk. The front desk gave us a room without apology or care. We unloaded our car and headed to the room. We unlocked the door to find a maid with unmade beds and a filthy bathroom. She explained the room we had was still not clean. In the end we were given a room on the second floor. We never had anyone apologize or give us a discount or even acknowledge us. I honestly have NEVER been to a hotel so unaccomidating and unconcerned for their customer.
I have never reviewed a hotel or even complained about one in the past but this place was truly an experience I'll never forget.
Other complaints: the lowrise building is very trashy, smells outside and not as attended to as the main building. The toilet in room 237 leaked around the bottom and we had to have towels on the floor at all times. The vending machines didn't work. The parking was rediculous to say the least. The complimentary breakfast was a complete mess. There were no eggs, bacon etc. Basically just bread options. No plain bagels or French toast the second day we were there. Zero room to eat what little bit of options thy offered. Don't even get me started on the "manager". All in all it was a disaster and I will not recommend, nor ever, stay in their hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Swanyreviews

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The Holiday Inn at the Pavilion was an excellent choice for a vacation. All staff and most of all the maids were very friendly, accommodating and efficient. The hotel's location is perfect - the beach is beautiful. We were fortunate to win a cruise on the Fear Knot which was a wonderful and fun experience. The captain and his mate were terrific. We thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated the cruise which was an awesome ending to our perfect vacation. Cindy & Katherine thank you to all.

1  Thank Katherine H
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was my first time staying at the Holiday Inn at the Pavilion and I have to say that my stay was nothing but the best. We stayed in room 802. The staff was so nice and the view was amazing and breath taking. I would like to say that the maintenance man Dewayne was so nice. If we needed anything like directions or something fixed he was on time and made sure that everything was alright. Thank you Dewayne. Thank you to the staff at the Holiday Inn at the Pavilion for making our stay a great experience!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was staying at a different hotel this time in Myrtle Beach, what a mistake! I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Pavillion three other times. This time, I thought I would try someplace new and regretted it. I called in and talked to Kim to see if I could get a room there. She was AWESOME. She got me in and my room, parking, everything was perfect. I will be staying there again on my next visit. (Dont get caught up in the BIG hotels, not worth it! ) I thought the room was a little high in price, but was not bad at all for a last minute hotel switch.

Room Tip: I have never had any issue with any room I have stayed at at the Holiday Inn Pavilion. All are good...
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Highly recommended if you're in search of a hotel on the beach. The rooms were clean and are well maintained. Being within walking distance of the shops and restaurants was nice, too. Don't overlook this hotel because it's a Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: The low rise portion of the hotel does not have elevators. It's only three levels but it can be...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Employees were very friendly and the rooms were very nice. Right on the boardwalk where you can walk for several blocks in both directions with all kinds of stuff to do, things to buy, places to eat. A couple tips... First: Remember there is a difference between Ocean FRONT and Ocean VIEW. We had an Ocean Front room and it was exactly what you'd expect, facing the ocean. The Ocean VIEW rooms are on the side of the building so you'd have to look off the corner of your outside balcony to see the ocean. Secondly: If you want an elevator you must book in the lager tower building. The smaller building next door seemed just as nice but it is only 3 floors and it has inside walk up stairs. We stayed on the 3rd floor of the walk up building and you do get a little extra exercise if you book there and not the tower building with the elevator.

There's also a Family Dollar and some gas stations etc. within a couple blocks if you book a room with a full kitchen (or room with dorm fridge & microwave) and want to stock up on food, drinks, beer etc.

When we go back to Myrtle Beach we'll definitely try to get a good deal and stay here again.

Room Tip: I'd say book in the tower building with the elevator if there's availability but we would st...
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My stay here has been awesome. The bartender Michelle was great. I spent most of my time at the bar and she mad me feel like I was right at home. The rooms are great too. The fact that I really wanted to stay at this hotel should say a lot. I had to switch rooms in order for me to have the full 5 days that I wanted, but the rooms are all great so I really didn't mind.

Room Tip: I moved room three times just so I could stay here. Each room was awesome.