“Beach Holiday at Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn at the Pavilion
Ranked #11 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
North Carolina
“Beach Holiday at Holiday Inn”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This was our first trip back to Myrtle Beach in 9 years, after 15 consecutive years of family vacations. We are "lodging loyal", staying at only two different locations in those 15 years and changing only when one favorite was bought and closed. We made an impromptu return and had to chose from limited vacancies and discovered Holiday Inn at the Pavilion. The reservation system was perfect. The problem I had with an online booking external to Holiday Inn was quickly resolved with a direct call to Holiday Inn and we were booked with very short notice. Check in was typical; we were 1/2 hour early and had to wait for our room to be ready. Parking is ample although the farthest spaces are two blocks back. The room was typical for a two bed queen efficiency, but very clean, in tip top shape, with everything working. The ocean view from the tower is fantastic. The rooms were pretty well sound-proof given that the busy down-town boulevard is on the front side of the hotel. The only noise came from a noisy family who allowed their kids to play in the hallway late one evening. The free breakfast is nothing to rave about - toaster toast and waffles, muffins, cereal, fruit - but it is free and readily available. Lines can get long in a fully booked hotel and seating is at a premium. All said and done, if you want boardwalk access, a downtown setting, and a nice room you won't go wrong with this hotel. We would return if we wanted to do the downtown beach scene again.

Room Tip: Higher rooms in the tower building mean less street noise and a great oceanfront view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My family and I stayed here July 11 - 18 , 2014 . This is the first review I've ever written in my life! But I feel like I need to warn people before they stay here. I'll start by saying the location is decent and parking is just across the street. Be prepared to wait forever on the elevators , they are horribly slow! The breakfast they offer is a joke ...they try to fit 50 people in a room that's made for 20. As far as the rooms go, we had an ocean front suite on the 9th floor . I'm not a complainer but the rooms could've been cleaner. Alot cleaner actually. And finally my main reason for writing this review, on our last day of vacation we left the room around noon to go out for the day, my 11yr old daughter left her phone on the bed before we left because it was dead. It was in a flourecent orange case, VERY bright , upon returning to the room around 5, we noticed housekeeping had been in and guess what? NO CELL PHONE!! she was really upset as it had all her vacation pictures and videos on it as well as everything else prior to us being there. Filed a report , general manager called me the next morning ( as we were on our way back home) only to give one excuse after another . My advice to anyone considering this place is plan on locking up anything you don't want stolen or stay somewhere else!! I personally will never spend another dime at a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed July 2014
13 Thank Jasonb8773
Stokesdale, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We loved our stay at the Holiday Inn at the Pavilion, everything was so close together and easy access! I will definitely be staying here next year! The maids and workers of the Holiday Inn were all very nice and I was very pleased with my stay.

Cardington, Ohio
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This hotel is the perfect choice. Best location in Myrtle Beach. Clean rooms and the staff is excellent. I have been going there for several years with no problems. If you book early they will give you a discount. Walking distance to everything. Lots of swimming pools and the air works good in the rooms. Only down fall is the elevators run slow but I find this same issue at most hotels during peak times. I would highly recommend this hotel. I believe you will be very happy. Thanks Steve

Room Tip: Ocean frong king suites seem to be the best. You can see the Ocean best from floors 5-9
1 Thank Steve T
Mayfield Heights, Ohio
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited July 13-18. We stayed in one of the ocean front efficiencies. The room was a great size and very clean. I loved that it had a fully equipped kitchen including utensils, pots/pans and plates. We took advantage of this all week. The location of the hotel is really wonderful. It is located with on ocean blvd but also right on the boardwalk. The pools were nice but I wished they were a little bigger. They get packed very quickly and people reserve the chair very early. The one big negative is the advertised free breakfast left much to be desired. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful, my husband and I did not appreciate the 10:30pm phone call on the night before we left to ask about our stay. We were already asleep because we were leaving very early the next morning for home.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kellie W
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We have stayed in this hotel for the past 5 trips to the beach , it's always clean and friendly, the staff is more than happy to help you out .The location is perfect , right on the beach ,near all the shops and good restuaraunts and boardwalk .We love the tiki bar and all the pools and sitting on the balcony watching the waves roll in .. Will def stay here again and would recommend for all ages and families !

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Manderin1980
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The Holiday Inn at the Pavilion far exceeded my families and my own expectations. First of all the hotel's location is perfect. We loved being able to walk right out to the beach or the boardwalk. With its many swimming choices which included 4 pools and a jacuzzi, everything was close together which made watching the children very easy. The Holiday Inn has something for everyone no matter what your age. We stayed during mustang week. Reservations and the hotel website was very easy to navigate. The kids enjoyed the continental breakfast every morning. They enjoyed seeing the other kids that were staying. Our family was selected to take a tour of the surrounding waterways on the hotel's yacht," the FEAR KNOT". If our vacation wasn't already great, this put it over the top and the best thing was that it was absolutely free. This is our third trip to Myrtle Beach and I have to say it has been the best.

Room Tip: The ocean front rooms are the best.
2 Thank MaryAdwell