“Better than your average hotel”

Holiday Inn at the Pavilion
Ranked #15 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 23 May 2010

Recently stayed at this hotel. Can not say enough about the friendly staff at this hotel. They answered all of my questions about the area and were very helpful with any problems. The breakfast was very filling. The are on the new boardwalk and within walking distance of many restaurants and attractions. Great stay.

Reviewed 23 May 2010

I went on a celebratory trip after my college graduation and wanted to go somewhere relaxing and beautiful. This hotel, right on the beach and new boardwalk in Myrtle Beach, was a wonderful choice. The beach itself is beautiful. It is extremely clean and not too loud, perfect for relaxing pool side. If you don't want to sit on the sand there are plenty of chairs right on the hotel's property adjacent to the boardwalk where you can spend all day lounging in the sun! Make sure to choose a room in the "tower" because this is the renovated section of the hotel. It is worth the extra money, especially if you get an oceanfront on one of the upper floors. The view is spectacular. The ocean seems to go on forever.

I know that when I was looking at hotel reviews I wondered whether places were suitable for an older or younger crowd. The Holiday Inn at the Pavilion is a great mixture of both, we never felt out of place. However, coming from a city, it was bizarre to us that most of the bars/restaurants/nightlife are beyond walking distance. This is definitely a location which favors travel by car. If you don't want to drive after you drink, there are a few places surrounding this hotel which are perfect. There is a beach bar across the street and a few bars with live music. I am excited to see how much the boardwalk will help this beautiful area develop. There is so much room for expansion and the opening up of new restaurants, bars and shops. The area could also benefit from an updated shuttle service between the North section of the beach and the surrounding clusters of restaurants. If you don't have a car, and don't want to shell out money for a taxi, the Holiday Pavilion is a great location for you because it is right in the center of the main action on the beach and boardwalk. If you walk just a few blocks in either direction, the boardwalk stops, and so do the restaurants and bars. It feels safer and more active to be surrounded by these kinds of attractions, with lots of people walking nearby. We were never bothered by sound yet we felt like we were in a more active area.

Overall this was a great hotel and a great location. We had a lot of fun.

Reviewed 22 May 2010

Since this was my first time in Myrtle Beach; I was excited about the area and stay. This was the perfect location since I did want a water front location. Check in clerk was very delightful and helpful since I did call her for directions 3times. every time she was very helpful and did not sound like she did not mind giving me directions. At ckin she was pleasant and friendly. I called her once when I arrived to room, explained that I reserved a non king room and a double suite was what was only available .She was very pleasant. I was alittle perturbed but she very pleasant .

After through ck of room I was very pleasantly pleased. Everything I asked for. Very convenient to attractions and resturants.

The entire staff was very friendly and curtious.

I plan to return in the summer and winter.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2010

We researched dozens of hotels in the Myrtle Beach Official Visitors Guide before deciding on the Holiday Inn at the Pavilion. Although not one of the larger resorts, it was well within our wants and our budget. We were pleasantly surprised by the great location on the new Boardwalk and Pier 14, with restaurants, shops and amusements within easy walking distance. The view from our balcony tower room was a daily wonder, with live bands playing down below. The outdoor Tiki Bar was a convenient feature for a quick refreshment. Rooms were thoroughly cleaned daily and staff always had a friendly greeting. The Kitchenette was well equipped with everything needed away from home. If there was one negative, it would be the stretched out fitted sheet corners that slipped off, causing the flat mattress pad beneath to bunch up (an easy fix).

This 4-night stay was one of the most enjoyable vacations we've ever had. Our daughter was able to join us for two nights, and the comfortable murphy bed in the living room afforded her privacy. We sat on our balcony nightly with a beverage and snack, taking in the great ocean's majesty.

This trip was one our most enjoyable ever -- and that includes visits to Atlantic City and Las Vegas. We'll be back!

The Solops from Buffalo, NY

1  Thank MrsSBuffaloNY
Reviewed 20 May 2010

Great location to stay in. Room was clean and the view was great!! The only thing that was a little frustrating was the lack of parking spaces, but I guess that goes along with the time of year. I loved that fact that it was close to a lot of things to do, shopping, walking on the pier and the new boardwalk.. We had a great time.

Reviewed 18 May 2010

The Holiday Inn was a great place to stay - right on the new Boardwalk, with a beach bar near the pool and the boardwalk. Four of us went down to see the Boardwalk dedication and attended the Beach Music Festival May 15, 2010. What a fun, free festival! Even though our trip coincided with Bike Week, we didn't have any problems with the bikes/bikers and thoroughly enjoyed seeing the beautiful Harleys and other high-end bikes!
The free breakfast at the HI was adequate, but not much more than that. The plates provided were barely large enough to hold a piece of cake, much less 2 waffles with syrup needed to be cut into pieces. I'm sure management thinks the end result is less food consumed, but at our table it resulted in more plates being used!
The rooms were very nice, beautifully furnished and clean. Plenty of towels were furnished. One bed had sheets that were too small and ended up in a big pile by morning.
The water features were plentiful, but only the Lazy River was heated (other than the Jacuzzi, of course), and the other pools were COLD! But it was only May.
The new Boardwalk will be a great feature for Myrtle Beach - the area around 9th and 10th Avenues have shops, restaurants and bars opening onto the boardwalk!
All in all, we had a great time and definitely will go back to the Holiday Inn Pavilion.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2010

We decided to return to Myrtle Beach again for the second year. This time we found a perfect location for us in the northern end of the beach. The location could have not been better! The free continental breakfast lasts from early to late morning, so I could get my morning coffee and food at my convenience, then my late-rising college student could get some nurishment without getting up early! The lady serving the breakfast was delightful and I enjoyed visiting with her each morning! We simply had to walk a few steps and we were on the beautiful beach. The first night we were tired and wanted to eat nearby, the Front Desk staff pointed us a few steps away to The Pier 14 Restaurant with which we were pleased with food, atmosphere, and friendly staff. Parking at the hotel was extremely convenient. The hotel is near everything we wanted to do. Our room was very clean and spacious. The whole area around the hotel, parking, grounds, and the beach were extremely clean. For two VERY picky travelers, (I've checked into and out of places within an hour before) we were both so pleased with our stay that we plan on making it a yearly visit! Thank you Holiday Inn at the Pavilion.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family