“Disgusting!”
Review of Sea Dip Oceanfront

Sea Dip Oceanfront
Ranked #149 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We all decided to stay here last August before heading back to college. As soon as we got in the room, all we could smell was something rotten. So the staff had the cleaning person come back in and clean again. During our stay the elevator broke on the second day and we had to hike up and down several flights of stairs. Just glad it didn't break on the day we arrived, we would have had to carry all our luggage up. It still was not fixed by the time we left. We stayed for 10 days. We also found during our stay that there were cockroaches in the room. I don't want roaches high five'n my toes while I sleep or any other time. We will not be staying here again. Maybe if they demolished this place, burned all the nastiness and rebuilt we would stay again. But as long as there are roaches, no way!

Room Tip: As questions, read reviews, do your research before booking any room anywhere. Ask if there are prob...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

My family and I were head in north and decided to stop at Myrtle Beach and have some fun. 21 years ago I stayed at this very same hotel so I decided to see if it still existed. I was very pleased to see it was still there and had grown. We originally only planned to stay one night but ended up staying 2 nights. The staff was great, the room and was spacious, the view was amazing, and the beds were very comfortable. If your looking for a nice clean comfortable place to stay and you don't have a big budget then this is a great place. I am sure we will be back :)

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank trinaandjohn
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Staff were friendly, position is good facing beach, but the accommodation is run down and old. We had a ground floor room overlooking the indoor pool which was odd as it had an interior balcony. the room was clean and included a kitchenette area.
The outdoor pool was clean, the 'lazy river' is only about 20 feet across so only for small kids.
If cost is important and you want to be near the beach, then this will do.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Despite the poor reviews we stayed here for three nights on a friend's recommendations. Don't expect a 5 star hotel when you stay here. Ask for the new tower, preview and approve your room before moving your stuff in. There's always a vacancy. Towels are cheesecloth; likely people steal the good ones so bring your own. My electronic door lock was not functioning. The maintenance man came up within 10 minutes and promptly fixed it. Shower was hot with strong pressure. Great ocean view in the new tower. Parking is good. Didn't use the pool or jacuzzi, not my style. Didn't use the maid service. Used the luggage cart, no problem. It was quiet at night. I think more fussy people write reviews than satisfied customers.
I will stay here again if I ever go back to Myrtle Beach but I doubt I'll go back: I don't play miniature golf.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new tower. Preview your room before moving your stuff in. If it's unsatisf...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank RubQueen
Reviewed 9 September 2013

It is old, the elevators had issues, and it could use some updates...all true. It was beach front, it was not dirty, the location was great, the staff was fine. The pools were smaller, the lazy river was tiny. For the price, the location was great. Would I stay here again--no.

Room Tip: We had a two bedroom room on the end of the 7th floor. I'd recommend that location. The second...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Camille811
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My stay was ok at first until we found out the house keeping there is none!!! Well they are employed but there services isn't there what we found is the following!!!!! the beds they never changed the bed sheets or clean the rooms in fact the bed had very old sheets likes week old sheets!! Maybe it is the owners fault more than the employees!!! But there was multiple stains on the bed matress as well!!! My family and I was there one time and one time until something gets resolved the money was ok but the overall status living conditions was terrible! fortunately we didn't realize how bad it was until the final night because we was never there!!! this stay on the 4rth floor was bad dirty with cock roaches!!! For a labor day Weekend trip I am happy to say there was several things to do to stay out of the pig pen!!

Room Tip: go down the street
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bigragu2013
seadipmb, Manager at Sea Dip Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you for your review. We are sorry your stay did not meet up to your expectations. If you could let me know your last name is or what room you were in I would like to follow up with this. We did not have anyone report any complaints over the weekend so, I would really like to follow up with this. I wish you would have brought it to our attention during your stay so, we could correct anything that was wrong.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

What a joke. This place is totally filthy. When my husband and I checked in we were first confused about the parking, all to find out you have to park across the street. When we unloaded our belongings onto the cart, it was a serious joke trying to keep the cart from falling apart. Finally after managing the cart on the narrow walkway, up to the historic elevator we made it to our room on the 2nd floor. The room with the beautiful view of the ocean...NOT...when we opened the curtain we got a view of an ally and an old building but if you turned your head sharp enough to the right, we caught a glimpse of a wave every now and then. The carpets are sticky, the stove has old tin foil over the covers. The sink in the kitchen leakes. The water in both the kitchen and showers are scoulding. The comforters are beyond nasty. They have blood and other unknown stuff on the bottom side. You don't know what's on the top because it blends in with the décor of the comforter. To toast your breakfast, you must go to the outlet by the bed and to make coffee first you must report the coffee pot is gone, but when you pick the phone up to let them know this, the phone don't work. They did bring us a new coffee pot with 10 filters. It was surely nice of them. I was excited I was able to plug the pot up next to the ancient tv. My husband while looking for the remote opened the nightstand and found a sticky substance used washcloth. I was totally grossed out. Figured I would go get a shower to go out. Wow, clean towels and wash cloths would be great but for some reason we got 2 used dirty wash cloths that were still hanging bunched up on the shower rod. The towels, still had someones hand prints all over it. I had to bend to take a shower and I'm only 5'5 imagine my 6'3 husband. I guess the plus side is, my feet really got soaked cause the water didn't drain so my feet got a good bacterial soaking probally. I get out of the shower and once the tub starts draining, black stuff starts bubbling out of the bath room sink. There's no ventilation in the bathroom but a window that u can open if you want someone in the next building to see you naked, so I opened the bathroom door to let the window unit air conditioner that didn't cool our room try to give me some kinda air in the bathroom. These people are worse than slum lords could ever be. They don't miss a beat. Even the ice machine charges you .25 cents to even get ice.
The internet pics are a scam. It's like when you see a really skinny hot girl on fb and think you've found a good deal, then you finally meet up with your dream to find out she's really 300lbs with an afternoon shadow. The pools are tiny and the lazy river might as well have been called a ditch. The small building is what I stayed in. My friends had better conditions with no towels in the bigger building. They were lucky though. The resort has a no pet policy. Thank goodness they supply pets for you ....roaches!!!!! People I can't stress to you enough to save your money!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Senona28562

Thank you for your review. I am sorry our property did not live up to your expectations. We are a smaller property that is locally owned and operated. We do have many of our guest that stay with us year after year and have wonderful family memories!