“Camelot is no castle but could be”

Camelot by the Sea, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #77 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Check in was effort less the person behind the desk was a little snotty. He looked at me but never asked for what credentials he wanted from me. They brought a pack and play to the room when I requested one at check inn. The hotel website says cribs are available. Last I checked crib and pack and play are not the same thing. No linens were provided for the pack an play. The location of the Hotel was very good. Just a little bit north of all the action but we could walk to everything. We stayed in room 402. The exterior door knob was loose so we had to put the key in twice every time to get the door open. The room was kind of dirty there was no matress pad on the pull out sofa and upon inspection there were stains on the comforter in the queen bed as well. The mattress was horrible, old and the springs were starting to come through. The first 7 floors are connected to a parking garage so it is very loud. When a car alarm goes off a 3 am everybody knows about it. Also with the exterior corridors you are going to smell some exhaust. The indoor pools were very nice I saw staff checking the ph and enforcing some of the rules. I might stay here again just above the eight floor.

Room Tip: Stay above the 8 th floor so you won't be in a parking garage.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,069)

Reviewed 4 April 2013

From the moment we arrived we felt welcome and safe. Front desk staff were extremely pleasant. Parking is easy in the attached parking garage with 10 levels. Four elevators to all floors clean and fast. Our one-bedroom suite was on the 17th floor. Absolutely beautiful views in all directions. The Suite was very clean and smelt clean with two queen beds, a galley kitchen and livingroom (with a sleeper sofa) and dining area. Plenty of room for a family of four with three closets for storage. This is definately a perfect resort for families with children. They have new LG TV's in the rooms and there were two in this suite and the beds are very comfortable with plenty of nice fresh pillows. Safe, clean and well staffed. The indoor pool and outdoor pool areas are constantly checked and maintained by staff. The resort is a short walk to the Big Wheel and beach shops, Starbucks and Ben and Jerry's directly across the street. Room rate was reasonable $146 for one-bedroom suite sleeps 6 with full size kitchen fridge and stove for those who like to eat in.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Let me start out by saying while on vacation I read some of the post on "tripadvisor" after I checked in just wanted to see if people werer posting correctly to what was really happening. While I see that several were posting while they stayed there at the hotel, which I try not to do until after my visit. I don't one to be one sided on my comments because of one wrong thing that happened during the visit. I also see that several people have posted after I left. People talked about how great their stay was with the exception of those sneaky 'smokers'. I to experienced this, but overall my stay as always to the beach was very pleasant. Of course when do at any beach or resort I tend not to say in the rooms long, I want to enjoy the scenery. So for those of you that stayed snug in you rooms even though it was a bit chiller than we expected. Didn't get to enjoy the beach at all. The hotel was very beautiful, the front desk clerk "Susie" Yep that was her name was very helpful and very pleasant and yes they did everything within their powers to make our stay a wonderful one too. They do however need to post signs up about "NO SMOKING" and try harder to enforce this, if this is a policy of the Hotel. But keep in mind you are going to have people brake laws and rules no matter where they are. But if you are coming to come to Myrtle Beach and want a great place to unwind and relax this would be the place. I have stayed at several hotels when our family have visited to beach and we were looking a place to consider for a spot and a vacation hotel when we come and we've found it. Every spring you found us here thawing out. :) Please consider making this a vacation spot for you and your family. Just ask the front desk to make sure that they start enforcing the "NO SMOKING" rules and they will have more happier guests in the future.
Sandy Booker

Room Tip: We were on the 12th floor and the view was picture perfect
1  Thank SandyBooker
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I use to live in Myrtle Beach and always wanted to stay at the Camelot By The Sea. I moved away and last year some friends and I decided to travel to Myrtle beach as they had always heard good things from me about it. Now was my chance to stay at the Camelot. It was everything I had hoped for and more. The pictures no not lie, it is exactly like what you see. My friends loved the place as well. All the staff was so nice and helpful. We went in October, 2012 so the weather was still nice. We layed on the beach and many times spent hours in the lazy river. Everything was so close to the Camelot that we walked most places. It is in a great location. We had so much fun that we are going back in October, 2013 and staying for 9 days. Last october we got a one bedroom and it was big enough for 3 adults. This year we decided to get a two bedroom since we are staying for 9 days. I sent pictures to my friends of how beautiful the room is and how spacious it will be and they are quite excited I would recomment this hotel highly if you are coming to Myrtle Beach. regards, Carol Kramer, Ashburn, VA

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank 428CarolK
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Pretty nice hotel. Awesome views. Excellent service by front desk staff. Cleaning staff was ok (didn't clean our room one day out of 3). Not near enough cooking equipment (pots/pans). Great location to everything you need/ want. Living room furniture not very comfortable but we made it work. All said and done the view makes up for anything you may find lacking.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 1 April 2013

The Camelot has exceptionally clean common areas due to their hard-working staff. All staff were very friendly and accommodating. The attached parking garage is an added bonus so you don't need to wait for the elevators if your room is on the 2nd to 10th floor. The view is terrific as all rooms are oceanfront. The Camelot is situated in a great location close to many restaurants on 21st Ave N, as well as one next door and another across the street. You are walking distance to Kmart, Dollar General, Piggly Wiggly and RiteAid for any forgotten items. Pool towels are supplied, which is one less thing to pack. 14th Ave Pier and the Boardwalk are just a few blocks away. We had a 2 bedroom condo with a kitchen that you could actually move around in, 2 large bedrooms and 2 spacious bathrooms. Highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: Book a 2 or 3 bedroom condo and you will get a washer and dryer...you won't need to pack as many...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Even though the weather was a little cool this year, we had a wonderful time! Our suite was on the 16th floor and the view was absolutely beautiful! The indoor pool was great for the kids, and we were even able to sit out in the sun while they were swimming and got a sunburn! The staff at the Camelot was very nice and accommodating to our every need. I will most certainly go back! We loved it!