“Dishonest Hotel Manager”

Ranked #62 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Dishonest Hotel Manager”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

I stayed at the Camelot on 3/7/14 I departed on 3/8/14 because i wasn't feeling well I left some jewelry on the table in the room I called back about 30 mins after I left and spoke to a manager named Beverly [--] she put me on hold called house keeping she got my number called me back about 15 mins later i told her exactly what i left there 2 rings a silver one, a chanel ring, a necklace, a bracelet with a big heart charm hanging from it. She said yes i have 2 rings the chanel and the silver one and the other stuff I want be able to send your stuff back til Monday but i have to pay $16 to have it sent I said alright Thank you there are some honest people in this world. I received my package yesterday with everything except my chanel ring I was highly upset how did i receive everything but that I called the Office Manger which is Beverly wasn't in of course they said she would call me when she gets in I did't give her time I called this am and she tell me she didn't tell me what was in the bag just some jewelry yet she knew it was a big necklace I'm really upset I know what she told me!!!!!!! I was accurate with exactly where I left it at I know what she told me; then the package has $5.62 on it but she said I had to pay $16.00. The night I did stay wind was blowing through the door so bad sounded like a train or a tornado coming it was horrible then the Front Desk Manager is not truthful I know what she told me it's not the house keepers you have to worry about it's the FRONT DESK MANAGERS DON'T STAY AT CAMELOT WHO KNOWS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOUR NOT IN THE ROOM

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ChanelCherry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
Lexington, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Brought the family and another couple for my birthday. Service was excellent! Room was spotless!! All around a great experience. Its just far enough down the strip that families can enjoy it without too many kids running around. Pool and jacuzzi was great!!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Frank P
Iowa Falls, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel provides me with a wonderful alternative for conventions with clean rooms, excellent views and easy access to the beach, fine restaurants within walking distance and excellent staff. I have been staying here at this same time if the year for over six years. Perfect for holders and those just needing a weekend getaway. Well done!!

• Stayed March 2014
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Just went down for a golf package and stayed with 3 friends at Camelot By The Sea. We had a 3BR Oceanfront condo. The room was excellent beds were comfortable and each room had a 42" flat-screen TV. Full kitchen and a washer/dryer in the room as well. Was clean quiet and located near a lot of attractions within walking distance from the hotel. Free breakfast was actually 6 blocks down at the Patricia Grand (sister hotel) which wasn't too out of the way since we went to eat on the way to the golf course each morning. Would recommend this hotel to anybody. Staff was very friendly and helpful to all our questions and needs.

Room Tip: For those traveling with a group of friends or family and those wanting a little privacy I would hig...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Hindman, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I reserved a room for two nights AND I WAS SO IMPRESSED THAT I STAYED ANOTHER TWO NIGHTS! The location is good, parking is great - the garage is well lite at night and I was able to park on the same level that my room was on (10th floor) meaning I did not have to bother with luggage in the elevator. Staff was nice on check inn and located my reservations quickly. MOST IMPORTANT - the rooms were clean and well equipped; The beds were clean and comfortable; the bathroom was clean and so were the towels; the pool area was clean - heated and very nice. I do plan to stay at Camelot by the sea again. I travel a lot and have visited Myrtle Beach at least 40+ times in the last 5 - 6 years. I have stayed at many other lodging areas also located on ocean boulevard, and while none have ever been this good, most did cost significantly more.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

We would not normally stay at a big hotel like this. However if in Myrtle again I would stay here. We arrived and met mom here on a Wed. The 2x2 condo was great. 10th floor with a great view. The apartment was very clean and well taken care of. The bedding was great and comfortable. No big colorful bed spreads here, all new easy to wash blankets and comforters. The kitchen was a nice size with all the appliances. I would have liked a roll of paper towels to start but other than that mostly equipped. We cooked in 3 night and had plenty of stuff to do the job. The balcony was very nice with heavy plastic chairs. Something a little more comfortable would have been nice but for the price not necessary. The staff was great. Some nut left town with there alarm set at 6am. 5 minutes after calling the front desk came and turned off.
It was cool so the indoor pools were great. A river pool, regular and kiddy. The best were the two HOT spas, one in and one out. On a chilly night we loved the one outdoors. I think a total of 7 pools or spas inside and out.
The parking was easy and two sets of elevators made up and down quick and easy.
The location was great, with lots of restaurants and attractions within walking distance.
PS the cleaning staff was very nice and cleaned when asked but respected our privacy.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
North Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed 2 nites in March in a 2 br oceanfront on 7th floor. I would have given it 5 stars but door in master BR would not close and table lamp in living area was broken. Other than that, condo was nicely furnished and in good condition. I plan on going back but only if I can see the condo first. Some owners are much better than others in keeping their condo in great condition. Camelot is in a good location and has indoor lazy river, pool and hot tub. Good for cold weather stay. Being a senior gave us a 12 % discount thus bringing the total cost to $225.

Room Tip: See room first before renting.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family