“Very Happy with our choice!”

Camelot By The Sea, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #63 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Burlington, Vermont
“Very Happy with our choice!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Wasn't sure where to stay for a long weekend but found the Camelot and it had 2 bedroom/2 bath condos available. Worked out perfectly for us with our grown daughter. Took a chance and was not disappointed! Great location to walk the beach and boardwalk. One of the closest. Our unit was great, nice balcony and view, very comfy beds and pillows and very clean. Never used the pools although they looked nice. Whenever you have indoor pools you will have kids having a good time and the noise level is a bit much for people without children that want to relax. Off season so did not get to do any swimming and outdoor pools are closed/not heated. Nice chaise lounge chairs on their lawn area between the hotel and the beach. Right next door to a great little bar, Bummz Beach Cafe, that serves food and drinks with a nice outdoor patio overlooking the ocean. Food was good too. We did not make it back for a night of fun but looks like it would be a place to have a good time. Everyone we encountered at the hotel and bar were very friendly and helpful. The worst I could say about the condo was that the carpets could use a cleaning but not surprising as much traffic as they see. Furniture was just so so comfy. We did ask for an upgraded room. Parking is extremely convenient

Room Tip: Parking garage goes to the 9 or 10th floor then you use the elevator. We requested a lower floor, 10...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
Norh carolina
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We enjoyed staying here. I would tell all of my friends to stay here. We had fun by the pool and I love being able to leave my room at night and go walking on the beach. I love to stay here again. It is a really nice hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Corinth, New York
Reviewed 15 March 2014

This was a first class vacation at a very reasonable price. The room was great. The views fantastic. The beds were very comfortable and my wife and I both slept well which isn't always easy as we are both night workers and have to adjust our schedules on vacations. We both loved the pool, lazy river and the hot tubs. We really felt at home. Great location and within walking distance of good food and shopping.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I stayed at the Camelot on 3/7/14 I departed on 3/8/14 because i wasn't feeling well I left some jewelry on the table in the room I called back about 30 mins after I left and spoke to a manager named Beverly [--] she put me on hold called house keeping she got my number called me back about 15 mins later i told her exactly what i left there 2 rings a silver one, a chanel ring, a necklace, a bracelet with a big heart charm hanging from it. She said yes i have 2 rings the chanel and the silver one and the other stuff I want be able to send your stuff back til Monday but i have to pay $16 to have it sent I said alright Thank you there are some honest people in this world. I received my package yesterday with everything except my chanel ring I was highly upset how did i receive everything but that I called the Office Manger which is Beverly wasn't in of course they said she would call me when she gets in I did't give her time I called this am and she tell me she didn't tell me what was in the bag just some jewelry yet she knew it was a big necklace I'm really upset I know what she told me!!!!!!! I was accurate with exactly where I left it at I know what she told me; then the package has $5.62 on it but she said I had to pay $16.00. The night I did stay wind was blowing through the door so bad sounded like a train or a tornado coming it was horrible then the Front Desk Manager is not truthful I know what she told me it's not the house keepers you have to worry about it's the FRONT DESK MANAGERS DON'T STAY AT CAMELOT WHO KNOWS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOUR NOT IN THE ROOM

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ChanelCherry
Lexington, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Brought the family and another couple for my birthday. Service was excellent! Room was spotless!! All around a great experience. Its just far enough down the strip that families can enjoy it without too many kids running around. Pool and jacuzzi was great!!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank frankp161
Iowa Falls, Iowa
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel provides me with a wonderful alternative for conventions with clean rooms, excellent views and easy access to the beach, fine restaurants within walking distance and excellent staff. I have been staying here at this same time if the year for over six years. Perfect for holders and those just needing a weekend getaway. Well done!!

• Stayed March 2014
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Just went down for a golf package and stayed with 3 friends at Camelot By The Sea. We had a 3BR Oceanfront condo. The room was excellent beds were comfortable and each room had a 42" flat-screen TV. Full kitchen and a washer/dryer in the room as well. Was clean quiet and located near a lot of attractions within walking distance from the hotel. Free breakfast was actually 6 blocks down at the Patricia Grand (sister hotel) which wasn't too out of the way since we went to eat on the way to the golf course each morning. Would recommend this hotel to anybody. Staff was very friendly and helpful to all our questions and needs.

Room Tip: For those traveling with a group of friends or family and those wanting a little privacy I would hig...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends