“Nice location and staff”

Camelot by the Sea, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #76 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 2 August 2014

In Myrtle Beach you have a choice to stay in a central location in an older condo (most of the central condos are older) or stay in a remote location and get a newer condo with the additional pool features and amenities that go along with that. I prefer to limit my driving and searching for a parking spot, so I stick with a central location. Camelot is a central location and my King room was clean and sufficient. Indoor and outdoor pools were fine. Price was also better then anything I could find for a similar condo in the area. We enjoyed being able to walk to endless numbers of beach shops and restaurants. I agree with some other reviewers that check-in was hectic with a tiny lobby and lots of people trying to check in at the same time. Once I got past check-in, all was smooth. We also had daily maid service, which was a surprise. In summary, not the brand new condos in Orlando and Panama City Beach with these central MB condos being older. If I was more interested in a new condo in the area, I'd look to North Myrtle or further out than the central location. Depends on what you want and a balance of location, price and a decent, clean condo is what I needed and Camelot worked out well.

1  Thank Ken A
Write a ReviewReviews (1,052)

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Camelot By The Sea has some wear, but the ocean view and the hospitality of the staff make me feel like I've slipped into my favorite pair of comfortable shoes! The room we had was ocean front and had a sit-out balcony. There were two, flat-screen TVs, a full kitchen set-up and a great shower. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. The elevators were a little slow to reach the 15th floor and the outside hallway carried the voices of excited teens, but it all quieted down by 11:00pm. The pool area is well staffed and there were lots of separate pools to lounge in, including a lazy river. Drinks at the pool bar were light on the liquor, but refreshing. The beach chairs were set up early and we had no problem enjoying the uncrowded beach. Parking in their on-site, multi-level garage was very easy. For the price, this old lady still has a few miles left in her to provide a wonderful time in Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: The higher the better for the ocean view. Pick the ocean facing side of the property.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My husband and I took our 3 children here for our family vacation. Everything was great. Our room was clean, housekeeping did an excellent job, our kids enjoyed the variety of pools and hot tubs, the view was great, parking in the deck near our room door was very convenient, and the price was great!! We had alot of fun staying here and will stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I will keep this short and sweet...Check-in:HORRIBLE. Room: HORRIBLY DISGUSTING. Parking/Elevators: NIGHTMARE. Staff: Pleasant and somewhat sympathetic (sounded rehearsed, probably because they received the same complaints over and over). Pool: OK, but dirty. It was NOT worth the $$$, BELIVEVE me when I say I wish I'd taken the advice of other reviewers.

5  Thank nita n
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The staff, check-in, overall cleanliness and convenience to bars, beach, etc. is excellent.

We most enjoy the parking convenience. The deck is located in the building and does not required crossing a street and unloading and loading is a breeze. Don't even need a cart!

Room Tip: Floor 3-9 for best ocean view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sjones2011
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This condo unit was fantastic! There were 8 of us and we rented a 3 bedroom condo. There was plenty of room for all of us. The oceanfront view is spectacular and the beach was amazing. You could rent umbrellas and chairs down on the beach for a small fee. The kids really enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The tiki bar was very convenient for a drink or two. The service was great! I thought the location was just right, not too far from the boardwalk and Skywheel, but far enough to enjoy some quiet time. I would definitely return to the Camelot by the Sea in the future. You will not be disappointed if you choose this location.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Convenient and nice views. Needs updating. Main doors stick and challenging to open. Toilet sticks and runs constantly. Restaurant solicitors dropping things under door all times of day and night. Nice bartender at pool bar.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends