“Loved the parking!”

Ranked #66 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States
“Loved the parking!”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I picked this hotel from the internet so wasn't sure what I would get, but I was pleasantly surprised. The room was exactly what I had reserved... No switcheroos, which can happen... I was disappointed that the musty smell lingered, even though I know that humidity at the beach is a constant. BUT the hot water was plentiful, the maid service was good, the location was excellent, the view was amazing, and the arrangement of the parking garage around the rooms was the best surprise of all. We stepped out of our room and were right at the car! No luggage carts, no hassle getting in or out! And the ocean floor was all sand, which was another surprise... No rocky places or gravel.
However, there were few amenities. We had to ask for anything we needed... Extra soap, shampoo, coffee. And finding ice machines wasn't easy.
I like staying in different areas of the beachfront, but will consider staying here again.

Room Tip: We had a 3rd floor studio oceanfront. It was smaller than I had hoped but was adequate.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I would like to thank jenna for being so awesome, great place to stay, made me feel right at home, and the pool side bar was great also, thanks "Amy" I could not have asked for a better staff! Thanks again guys you all were great!

• Stayed August 2014
Astoria, New York
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I was moved here from a really bad hotel (Best Western Plus Carolinian). I was welcomed immediately and was given a beautiful and very clean, comfortable room. This hotel made my stay so much better than it had started. Everyone was nice and accommodating, the room was so clean, the pool had a nice bar and snack kiosks, they had lots of pool choices indoor and outdoor, it was close to a Dollar General, Krispy Kreme and many restaurants. Even though I lost a day of my vacation, the 4 that I did get to enjoy were great thanks to this hotel. I would highly recommend it. Thanks Camelot and Oceana.

Room Tip: Ocean fronts are the best. You see fireworks, the best sunrises and sunsets, and the sounds of the...
Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We have stayed at the Camelot many times. We like it for the location. In the past however I have not found them very accommodating to my requests. Also the last time we stayed there it was not a nice room. We come to Myrtle Beach 1 to 2 times per year and because the last room was not very nice we decided to go to a different hotel last year. This year we thought we would try them again. This time they nailed it. A nice bright clean well decorated room. Room 617. As a non smoker I did find people smoking on the balcony so it would be nice at check in if the front desk verbally told everyone that smoking on the balcony is forbidden and not just sign a sheet and hope they read that part.

Room Tip: The north side is right next door to Bumz Restaurants so it can be noisy and has the smell of food...
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

This is our second time at the Camelot and we enjoyed our stay very much. Beds,very comfortable and great service and location was centrally located from hotel. We would definitely stay again next year.

• Stayed August 2014
Richlands, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 23 August 2014

My husband & I enjoyed our stay here. Usually when we stay somewhere other then at home we wake up stiff and/or with our backs hurting but not here. They have extremely comfortable beds. We received excellent customer service. This place is conveniently located to stores/shops,restaurants & Broadway at the Beach, most everything is within walking distance. Will definitely stay here again.

Stallings
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This was our first stay at the Camelot. We had the 19th floor which was considered the penthouse. It had 2 queen beds, a full fridge, stove, microwave, sink and cabinets stocked with dishes, glasses, pots and pans. It seemed pretty roomy and we are a family of 5. The living room also had a couch bed which we never used. The room had a full ocean view. This was the 3rd hotel we have stayed at in Myrtle beach. Out of all the hotel's I did think this one was the cleanest and most updated as far as the room goes. There was a little mold around the A/C vents in the bedroom and the living room but the rest of the place was really clean. The cleaning staff did a great job, even did our dishes when we forgot a couple in the sink. They also left us extra towels every day. We really liked it and I would recommend it to others. There were a couple things I think they could improve on. The pools did seem a little dirty. I also thought it was strange that there was no bathroom in the pool area. If you are on the beach or in the pool area and in need of a bathroom you have to walk across the parking garage towards the entrance to the lobby and there is one bathroom there which is for public use but only one person can use it at a time. There is no stall inside it. I do have to say it was spotless and very clean. I'm guessing not many know it exists. I thought that was inconvenient especially being at the pool or the beach with kids. The parking garage also seemed a little dangerous when you are approaching a corner it is very hard for two vehicles to turn at the same time, if there is another vehicle coming the opposite way. Other than that, we did have a great time. The keycard has multiple discounts associated it. One we used was 15% off the bill at Friendly's. It also allows you to go to waves water park for free. We didn't have a chance to visit but I thought it was a great offer. Again, the cleaning staff was great as opposed to other places we stayed at. Also, location was great, you could walk to nearby places to shop and eat. It was very close to Broadway on the beach, Barefoot landing and you can walk right out of the pool area and you are on the beach. I would've given 4 1/2 stars if possible. Just clean the pools & put a bathroom in the outside pool area.

Room Tip: We had the penthouse, it was awesome!!