“Great, affordable beach vacation”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach
Ranked #97 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Lula, Georgia
“Great, affordable beach vacation”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Lori Beth & the rest of the staff could not possibly be more friendly & accommodating. The hotel stayed neat & clean and breakfast is as good as you can get at any chain restaurant in town. A little bit of a drive to the beach, but otherwise an Awsome experience

• Stayed July 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Douglasville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Stayed for a Dance Competition. Staff was very polite and respectful, Especially Lori Beth and the Sales Manager. Very accomodating to any and all needs. Very nice place to stay. I would recommend it to any and all!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
south carolina
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Not really sure why they have such a high rating..some of the rooms needs upgrading. The walls are thin(noise). I had room with a standard TV and a broken remote. Went down stairs for an exchange and they gave me one with some tape on the back of it. The room just seemed old..The outside was very nice but the pictures posted don't show everything. It's ok for the price($108).

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Familyhauler
York Haven, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 June 2012 via mobile

One night stay while passing through Myrtle Beach. About 3 miles from Myrtle Beach itself. Nice Inn, clean room with microwave & fridge. Paking was not the greatest. Arrived around 12:30 AM to find the parking near the inn full, no surprise, but multiple spaces near the inn covered by a tour bus and several commercial vehicles with trailers. We, and others arriving after us, were forced to park in an area behind a strip club and beside another bar. Breakfast was good, hot items like eggs, ham, potatoes, not your average muffins & bagels continental rubbish.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 17 June 2012

The Country Inn & Suites Hotel was a JOY and we LOVED IT!! HUGE thank you to Sandra Morgan and Lori Beth...along with the remainder of the staff...you guys were phenomenal!! You really made putting my family reunion together SO EASY and I just pray God's blessings on all of you!!

Our next Myrtle Beach stay will surely be here and I look forward to seeing you all again!! From the "Hooper Family Reunion"....THANK YOU SSSSOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!

I HIGHLY suggest this hotel to anyone! :-)

Love You Guys...

Paul & Syreeta Hooper-Blue
and the Hooper Family

Room Tip: King Suites sleep so well!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Hampton, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We traveled to Myrtle Beach from our destination which was about 5 hours. Not a long trip but one for me, that causes me a lot of pain. WE arrived early, on a hunch, my husband asked Lori Beth, is there anyway we could check in early just to be able to nap and rest. She said our room was being cleaned at that very moment.. so she said another room was being finished right then, it was available and said "give me just a few minutes and she would have us in".. She did. Lori Beth got us in... What a wonderful thing to do..NOW I AM IMPRESSED... However, she did not stop there... once in the room, the housekeeping department rushed so hard to get us in for me to lay down, they forgot to stock the room with the bathroom ammenities. Not being upset, when I made another trip to my car for my medications, I mentioned to Lori Beth they were missing and it was not a problem now, but we would need them later.. but by the time I went to my car to get my medications, and returned thru the entrance, Lori Beth had everything I needed and more... waiting for me.. Even things I had forgot, she had. Now that is Customer Service. Since I have taught it, (Customer Serivce) instilled it into every employee that I trained, I knew this young lady, also knew the importance of it as well.. She went the extra mile, she was outstanding in making sure we had plenty of towels, made sure we were comfortable with everything that Country Inn and Suites had to offer at your location. I love Country Inn and Suites, and even though it was just until our Condo was ready in Myrtle Beach, our visit was just for one night.. it was most enjoyable. We had a clean room, nice beds, the staff was excellent, I could go on and on... Our morning meal, surpassed anything I could write about. I just want to impress upon you this...Lori Beth went over and beyond what she was taught,, to accomdate us at the highest regard at your location. So in closing, I want to assure you, that in case you don't know it.. you have a very valuable assest at your location. It's not where it's located, nor your nice very nice rooms, pool, or other things that you offered.. it was your associate.. Ms. Lori Beth.. so thank you Lori Beth, for going the extra mile.. I don't hand these type of Kudo's out as rule, someone has to really impress upon me what I taught for years: that people expect what they pay for: a service that is top notch. And she made sure of it.. thank you again Lori Beth..
Mrs. Robert L. Smith from Hampton, Virginia.(for validity purposes, please feel free to check that our stay was on 5/19/2012.

Room Tip: Call ahead, let them know you are arriving earlier than your check in time, it don't hurt to ask...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Wanda S
Sandra M, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
We thank you so much for your kind remarks. We know that we have a winner in Lori Beth and it is well noted.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Upon arriving at the Hotel, we were wonderfully greeted and accommodated by Lori Beth. The hotel had a pleasant atmosphere. The service was wonderful, the rooms were very clean. he beds were very comfortable and the pillows will put you to sleep. We did not get a chance to try the pool or hot tub but we are sure. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful and filling. The hotel is near enough to the mall to take a drive too and away enough to not be a hassle. Overall there were no issues whatsoever.

Room Tip: If you like to have a view outside of the window try rooms on the second floor. If you would like a...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple